X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post
    I realized this morning that the plastic spacer that is glued to the aft nose gear door, the part that rides up and down the nose gear strut, had fallen off. Luckily I found it before flying and taped a block of foam to the door temporarily so I could fly. Unfortunately the manufacturer had simply glued this piece to the painted door part, no strength there. I'll fabricate something rather than order a new door assembly.
    But I also noticed that the nose gear has a lot of fore and aft play in the extended position, approximately 10mm. Is this normal? The gear is working fine so I don't know whether to be concerned or not... Thanks!
    I put tiny little screws in mine to help hold it on, works great and can hardly see them, also my gear are all stock and original and have slop, doesn't seem to be a problem, gear works fine, has to be the best EDF jet ever made......:Cool:.

Comment

• I agree, very nice flying jet. I did have some bouncing on landing first few flights but when the wind picked up I switched to landing with takeoff flaps and no more bouncing. I then reduced landing flaps to just a little more than takeoff flaps and there is almost no tendency to bounce now. I believe the manuals landing flap setting is too aggressive, trapping too much air under the wing and forcing the nose down somehow which gets the back and forth bouncing going on the gear springs. It lands slow enough anyway.
      it is not great for precision acrobatics though, the rudders roll it like a high wing trainer! I have other planes for that though. This one flies very scale like.

Comment

• I will definitely screw the space to the door this time.

Comment

• Made some progress on the pilot finally. As you might see from the weathering the pilot is entering the cockpit from the left side.

Comment

• Great work!!! Love the detail !!!
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
              Made some progress on the pilot finally.
              W0-B, Beautiful work, Sir. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Made some progress on the pilot finally. As you might see from the weathering the pilot is entering the cockpit from the left side.
                Mighty fine work, Wobisch! Excellent detail and it really looks great. Yours too, Elbee!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thank you all for your kind words. It makes me happy and going forward. I started some years ago to build Steve Shumate's parkjet. Then I switched to the glider and oldie scene. Now I saw the huge progress Freewing made with this amazing edf Jets and ordered an A-10 and a Phantom. My old Freewing Venom is already retired but was a lot of fun too. The Phantom has to wait until the Hog is done.

MotionRC you do great work and your webshop and service is top. Great job. Thank you.

Comment

• Today was the day. I finally assembled my Warthog for a foto shooting at different locations. This is important because under daylight it looks completely different than under LED room light. I don't know how many hours I spent on this project. Now the only thing I have to do is to print all rockets and armament. Also some antennas are not yet attached. The airbrush process is finished.

I don't want to bother you with to many pictures...but it looks so mad I really enjoy and can't get enough. Preparing the pictures from outside for you and will be doing a little walk around later.

I totally missed to do a shot when it came out of the box. So maybe someone will put in here a picture for comparison.

Comment

• Anybody ever use the fms 90mm 12 bladed fan in these?

Comment

Today was the day. I finally assembled my Warthog for a foto shooting at different locations. This is important because under daylight it looks completely different than under LED room light. I don't know how many hours I spent on this project. Now the only thing I have to do is to print all rockets and armament. Also some antennas are not yet attached. The airbrush process is finished.

I don't want to bother you with to many pictures...but it looks so mad I really enjoy and can't get enough. Preparing the pictures from outside for you and will be doing a little walk around later.

I totally missed to do a shot when it came out of the box. So maybe someone will put in here a picture for comparison.
                        I dig it. I'm a big fan of scale, but I enjoy seeing folks mix it up like this. I call them dirty birds. Nice work and enjoy the maiden, it truly is an excellent airplane!

Comment

Today was the day. I finally assembled my Warthog for a foto shooting at different locations. This is important because under daylight it looks completely different than under LED room light. I don't know how many hours I spent on this project. Now the only thing I have to do is to print all rockets and armament. Also some antennas are not yet attached. The airbrush process is finished.

Excellent !!! Love it!
                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Today was the day. I finally assembled my Warthog for a foto shooting at different locations. This is important because under daylight it looks completely different than under LED room light. I don't know how many hours I spent on this project. Now the only thing I have to do is to print all rockets and armament. Also, some antennas are not yet attached. The airbrush process is finished. I don't want to bother you with too many pictures...but it looks so mad I really enjoy and can't get enough. Preparing the pictures from outside for you and will be doing a little walk around later. I totally missed doing a shot when it came out of the box. So maybe someone will put in here a picture for comparison.
                            Wo-B, It looks great and I think I saw your A-10 last night in "Terminator-Salvation" wreaking havoc with SkyNet fighters! :Scared:Seriously, bloody fine work, Sir. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• This is a link to my A-10 Project. Pictures and Walkaround.

Best,
                              Andy

Comment

This is a link to my A-10 Project. Pictures and Walkaround.Best,Andy
                                W0-B, You should be proud. Outstanding. And I really like the 'Before/After' cockpit shots. I might have to go back and do a bit-o-weathering on mine. Best and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Does anybody know who makes a scale cockpit the this a10?

Comment

• Nice stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by dinobino01 View Post
                                      Does anybody know who makes a scale cockpit the this a10?
                                      I make one. It's the cockpits that Elbee and Wobish recently posted pictures of. PM me if you are interested.

My paint job is lazy in comparison:)

Comment

• Has anyone Had this Problem?

When i power on my Brand New A10 I got for Christmas- the Left wing Middle Flap goes all the way down, while the other 3 operate normal with my 3 position toggle switch the left middle flap operates with my Landing gear switch.

:Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by cybersarg View Post
                                          Has anyone Had this Problem?

When i power on my Brand New A10 I got for Christmas- the Left wing Middle Flap goes all the way down, while the other 3 operate normal with my 3 position toggle switch the left middle flap operates with my Landing gear switch.

:Confused:
                                          That is a plugging error. The errant flap's servo is plugged into the wrong place.
                                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                          X