First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a belly shot of the A-10.
    Attached Files

Comment

• I've considered main gear doors, but the trailing link struts would make it tricky, but it could be done with the oleo version struts

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	4930601 copy.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	183993
        ....I don't believe the A-10 has main gear doors...
        In today's world of the perpetually offended by everything, I think the union of main gear doors local #302 would be inclined to disagree. Possibly maybe even be insulted. LOLLOL

Poor little main gear doors. Always forgotten....

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by dlink72 View Post
          RCJETDUDE provided his 3D printed whistles that were much cheaper and easier than dissecting nerf footballs. They sound AMAZING!! Thanks Steve!!!!
          Dave
          Are these 3D printed whistles available for purchase?

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyboy View Post

Are these 3D printed whistles available for purchase?
            They are the whistles by rcfiddy1 on Thingiverse. Not mine. They work very well. Anyone with a printer could probably make them for a nominal fee and shipping. Right now my printer is tore up waiting on a part ...

Comment

• I had an interesting experience with mine today. I replaced the OEM BEC with a Castle Creations BEC 2.0. On takeoff roll I momentarily lost control of the model and then aborted into the grass. No damage but super weird. Taxiing back down the runway I realized the power was cycling on and off. So in explanation if I cycled the flying surfaces after a few seconds of operation everything would freeze for a moment, and then after a beep everything would start moving again, over and over. The red LED on the Castle BEC 2.0 was blinking fast. I called Castle and we found that the signal wire from the BEC was causing the problem. The BEC 2.0 has two power leads, one is just pos/neg the other is a servo type wire where the signal wire is used to program the BEC and normally does nothing when plugged into the RX. But in my case the signal wire was causing the BEC to cycle on and off. The flashing LED is what you see when it is plugged into a computer via the Castle Link for programming. Like I said very weird. Pulling the signal wire out of the Rx plug solved the issue. A steady red LED on the BEC and continuous power. I don't know what caused this interaction. Maybe the electronics in the A-10, Or my RX ( a Spectrum AR-6200 DSM2 ). But I feel I was lucky not to lose the aircraft. So I wanted to share.

Comment

• Can somebody tell me if it is really possible to fly the A-10 with two of these Admiral Carbon Lipo despite the heavier weight? Some say it is a good fit.

Comment

• I'm flying mine on 2- 6S, 6000ma HRB's and it could care less about the weight.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
                    Can somebody tell me if it is really possible to fly the A-10 with two of these Admiral Carbon Lipo despite the heavier weight? Some say it is a good fit.

I would go with 2 Jet werx 6S 6000's

The 5100 is 866g
                    The 6000 is 820g

Not that weight matters in this bird. But the extra juice is nice

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I fly mine with a pair of Turnigy Graphene packs which are way heavy and fat too. It lugs them around with ease. FWIW I am not a fan, just too heavy and bulky. I got a great deal on a pair at the AMA convention and only realized how big and heavy they were when I got them home...

Comment

• I have two CHNL 6s 6000mah 70c batteries side by side in the aft battery area, to balance the CG.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• does anyone have links to help with the nomenclature decals Callie supplies? I have no idea where to put about 75% of these decals!

Comment

• u
                            Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                            I have two CHNL 6s 6000mah 70c batteries side by side in the aft battery area, to balance the CG.
                            Guys... please keep your feet out of the photos I am 1/2 kidding... well maybe not quite 1/2 :Silly:
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• :Silly: Yeah saw that as well after I posted lol. My wife says I have cute feet! How love blinds us...:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                                :Silly: Yeah saw that as well after I posted lol. My wife says I have cute feet! How love blinds us...:)
                                Awesome! Every pot had a lid..... My wife says I am good pilot... she's a great liar! :-)

Comment

• Well, come to think of it... I do make my living as a pilot and not a foot model...:Confused:

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk Phantom.... This is a great bunch of guys all with the same expensive addiction ! Tons of knowledge, support, expertise, here! :-)

Comment

• Glad to be amongst kin, looking to contribute best I can. Addictions seems to be the correct term for it, just ask the Mrs., :)but it's one she says she can live with!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobisch View Post
                                        Can somebody tell me if it is really possible to fly the A-10 with two of these Admiral Carbon Lipo despite the heavier weight? Some say it is a good fit.

Surely there will be a lot of preference here but I wouldn't let weight bother you that much. I've got two transducers and a shockwave system in mine, and was really worried about the added weight but it flies wonderfully. I think this would about any 6s you throw at it.

Comment

• My Euro Green Last Tiger Cat A-10 at one time was flying with an AUW of 16lbs on the stock 80mm fans and handled it well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X