X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    Can you not unbend it? That's what I did with one of the plates off my A-10. I put it on a flat concrete floor and gently hammered it.
    That's what I did, too after finding out the Flightline plates are not big enough. Another part that would be nice to have listed among the replacement.
    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Ha ha! Hey, you wanna talk alien magic, have a close look at this LX A-10 cockpit work by my friend Chris (Eric's (4stripes on RCG) dad). :Scared:
      Tom
      Absolutely AWESOME!! Nice work
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Any news on the upgraded landing gear ?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
          K&S baby.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170501_125611.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	73812
          Were you able to find it locally? Is so what stores ? And did you have any problem only finding tubing in inches not mm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post

Were you able to find it locally? Is so what stores ? And did you have any problem only finding tubing in inches not mm?
            I ordered them as my local HS did not carry all the sizes I needed. The metric sizes made it easy for me to get telescoping tubes without having to do a lot of math. :)

Comment

I ordered them as my local HS did not carry all the sizes I needed. The metric sizes made it easy for me to get telescoping tubes without having to do a lot of math. :)
              Where did you get them online and about how much did you spend on all of them ?

Comment

• I tried to find it all from one place to save on shipping but I seem to recall the place that had most of them didn't have all of them so I shopped around until I found the balance. Most of them came from Tower Hobbies. Start with them.

Comment

I tried to find it all from one place to save on shipping but I seem to recall the place that had most of them didn't have all of them so I shopped around until I found the balance. Most of them came from Tower Hobbies. Start with them.
                  Alright thank you for the help !

Comment

• Had an issue today with my a10. Using fairly new admirals , and on one flight today I thought I heard the motors cut out for a second. It was so quick,just a split second so thought I was just hearing things. Second flight it happens again ,but for a second or two, each time I was in turns,and no flight control was effected. So I immediately setup for landing and heard it happen again during approach, this time it was more of a skip of the motors. Landed fine, and checked everything out, shaking the ubec ,wiggled wires with the motors running...couldn't seem to replicate the problem. Don't think it was my Rx since the flight controls didn't seem to be effected. Any suggestions? I'm assuming it's the ubec or ESC but thought I'd ask if anyone has had the same problem ?
                    www.TSHobbies.com
                    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• She is coming along. Long process with these rivets !

Comment

• Heating it up a bit and some light hammering and bending mostly worked. I'd still like to get replacements though, just in case. It seems like motion doesn't carry them?

Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

That's what I did, too after finding out the Flightline plates are not big enough. Another part that would be nice to have listed among the replacement.

Comment

She is coming along. Long process with these rivets !
                          Nice job on the shark mouth decal...I spent hours trying to get that to cross the dimples and still come across the nose level at the front! How did you get yours to be so even on the front and still not hiked up the sides??? Rob

Comment

She is coming along. Long process with these rivets !
                            That is going to look great nice touch !

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

Nice job on the shark mouth decal...I spent hours trying to get that to cross the dimples and still come across the nose level at the front! How did you get yours to be so even on the front and still not hiked up the sides??? Rob

It wasn’t easy that’s for sure. I kept it half way on the waterslide paper till I found the perfect spot. There are still rinkles at the bottom sadly.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0790.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	107162Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0791.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	107163
                                Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                                It wasn’t easy that’s for sure. I kept it half way on the waterslide paper till I found the perfect spot. There are still rinkles at the bottom sadly.
                                Yeah, I had to cut mine in a couple places to snug on the compound curves...I used Solvaset to shrink up the excess. It is a challenging, but rewarding, project!!! Rob Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3003.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	107164Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0789.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	107161

Comment

• Originally posted by iridium View Post
                                  Heating it up a bit and some light hammering and bending mostly worked. I'd still like to get replacements though, just in case. It seems like motion doesn't carry them?

I made mine. Got a sheet of aluminum from the LHS and cut it with a hacksaw and shaped with a dremel. Took 10 mins.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0790.JPG Views:	1 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	107162Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0791.JPG Views:	1 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	107163

Yeah, I had to cut mine in a couple places to snug on the compound curves...I used Solvaset to shrink up the excess. It is a challenging, but rewarding, project!!! Rob Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3003.JPG Views:	1 Size:	153.0 KB ID:	107164Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0789.JPG Views:	1 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	107161
                                    holy freaking perfect ! Dang you make mine loon like garbage. I have to paint in some black to make them blend together. Looks like mine is a lot lower than yours.

Comment

• No way man...you're doing great! You're right about the black background though...here are some shots that show the black on the housing of the GAU-80 up to the fuse. One is RCJetdude's job too! Rob Click image for larger version

Name:	170714-F-EJ686-1016.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	107209Click image for larger version

Name:	170714-F-EJ686-1012 (1).JPG
Views:	321
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	107210Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11116.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	107211Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10793.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	107212

Comment

• So, I posted what I did but it was back on page 200-something.... so I'll post again.

I also had problem getting the mouth decal to line up the way I wanted, to be close to scale. I didn't like that sharp "bump" where it met in the center. And the black part wasn't right either. So I left a big gap like you see in the first picture, then I painted in the black using a matte black paint. Then I cut out a thin strip of black decal using parts of the other decals that weren't used, and cut out two new white teeth using some white parts of the other decals, and picture #2 shows what I came up with. Its not perfect but from 2 feet away I think it looks pretty damn good.

I also drilled out and painted the gun barrels because I didn't like the tiny holes that it came with.... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Click image for larger version  Name:	cannon 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	107324Click image for larger version  Name:	cannon 4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	107325
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                          So, I posted what I did but it was back on page 200-something.... so I'll post again.

I also had problem getting the mouth decal to line up the way I wanted, to be close to scale. I didn't like that sharp "bump" where it met in the center. And the black part wasn't right either. So I left a big gap like you see in the first picture, then I painted in the black using a matte black paint. Then I cut out a thin strip of black decal using parts of the other decals that weren't used, and cut out two new white teeth using some white parts of the other decals, and picture #2 shows what I came up with. Its not perfect but from 2 feet away I think it looks pretty damn good.

I also drilled out and painted the gun barrels because I didn't like the tiny holes that it came with.... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Very nice dental work.

Comment

Working...
                                          X