X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
    I ran across the link for the the poll on FB but it's not located there. You can vote in this one.
    I went back and checked the poll this morning. A-10 is in the lead followed by the B-24, A-4 and Avanti.
    You are correct on the link that you provided not being on FB and checking the poll results from it but you can not vote from it unless you have a FB account.
    I clicked the button for A-10 and then clicked the blue vote bar which results in this pop up requiring you to login into FB.
    Back to the important A-10 thread topics.;)

Facebook

Email or Phone:

Password:

Forgot account?

Create New Account
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Is it just me or isn't it kinda hard to choose just one new release? The A-10 is great but I think the B-24 is really something unusual and is breaking new ground.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I have (6) 2017 releases: A-10, A-4, BAe Hawk, F-16v2, F105 and the B-24 Lib. Hard to choose which one is best.

My ranking would be:

Tie for first: A-10 & B-24
        Tie for second: A4 & BAeHawk
        Third: F105
        Last place: F16V2

Hawk
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I don't do facebook either....waste of time. But if I was choosing, it would have to be the A-10 followed closely by the Spitfire. It's too bad we couldn't vote before they're built. The B-24 would be dead last IMHO...if you want something different how about a Dauntless or a Helldiver or a Hurricane. All three of these planes were pivotal in WWII. Or just about any other warbird in the two meter size.
          Brad

Comment

• Dang id love a BIG HELLDIVER to go with my Corsairs.
            Dewey l

Comment

• You got that right Dewey !!!

Comment

• Page takes a long while to load, but I voted for the a-10. Great to see a company move into larger foam planes, and the scale details, power, etc etc are awesome. Hard to pick a winner they are all great (esp the spitfire), but for best new product - the a-10 wins for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post

Any posts on here of the new gear? I was away for a little bit and just came back and seen these posts
                  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and speculate with some conviction that the new main gear oleo strut is the same as the one that just appeared as an upgrade for the B-24.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	AAA.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	111686

This strut is 120mm from axle to the trunnion which is exactly the same length as the stock A-10 trailing link strut.
                  The B-24 wheel/tire is the same a A-10 except for wheel color.
                  The strut pin on the B-24 is 4mm and the strut pin on the A-10 is 5mm.
                  I think they are making the 5mm pin version and this is the reason for the hold up on announcing the oleo main strut upgrade.;)
                  Can't wait to hear Alpha say I was correct and come and get em boys.:) They will be going on my Artic Thunder II :Cool:
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• OV,
                    I didn’t think the TL. NG was out yet. Been watching . ???
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                      OV,
                      I didn’t think the TL. NG was out yet. Been watching . ???
                      I wouldn't know about the trailing link nose gear either Hawk, nor do I personally care about it.
                      The stock oleo nose strut is real good with me. I just want the upgrade oleo mains. ;)
                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Alrighty then. ! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and speculate with some conviction that the new main gear oleo strut is the same as the one that just appeared as an upgrade for the B-24.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	AAA.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	111686

This strut is 120mm from axle to the trunnion which is exactly the same length as the stock A-10 trailing link strut.
                          The B-24 wheel/tire is the same a A-10 except for wheel color.
                          The strut pin on the B-24 is 4mm and the strut pin on the A-10 is 5mm.
                          I think they are making the 5mm pin version and this is the reason for the hold up on announcing the oleo main strut upgrade.;)
                          Can't wait to hear Alpha say I was correct and come and get em boys.:) They will be going on my Artic Thunder II :Cool:
                          Hey OV10, nice piece of deductive reasoning! I don't know why they wouldn't just make both with the 5mm pins though. Given the fact that Motion is so good at minimizing steps for producing different models, why go through the extra process? But still, I hope your right so I can put the new struts on the A-10 and be ready for spring.:Cool:
                          Brad

Comment

• ....... and my vote for 2018: a Freewing OV-10 in 1500-2000mm; and I also don't want my face in a book..... and refuse to tweet & twitter until I learn to Fly ;-) Thank you wary much .....

Oh, and I have managed to get two Brrrrrrrt audio/sound files into my Spktr'm Radio !!! Now if I could get the volume to goto 200% ......

Comment

• The "upgrade" TL nose strut is showing in stock. https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...rut-and-tire-b
                              I just saw this on the RCG forum and ordered one- would have been nice if it had been announced here first. I think a lot of people have been waiting for them. I installed a Phoenix Model TL strut last summer which works well but would like to have a spare as well. The great advantage of a TL strut for rough grass fields is the reduced strain on the pin and strut.
                              Tom

Comment

• Upgraded TL nose struts in stock! I just got one.

80mm EDF A-10 Trailing Link Nose Landing Gear Strut and Tire B from Freewing - FJ311110811 This nose landing gear strut and tire has a harder spring which creates less bounce for those using paved surfaces for landings.
                                Pat

Comment

• Ditto ! Whew! I'll bet they go fast

Comment

• Anyone try setting up the Admiral 6channel with gyro on the A-10? I just bought a few to have as I'm still very new to the hobby. I've watched the video, reviewed the quick start guide and just can't get the dang thing going.

1: initially got it to pair, but the controls immediately started going haywire. Unplugged the bind plug and put the BEC in Aux2/bind and it still went flashing like it was in pairing mode (accompanied by the beeps)
                                    2: after following similar steps, now I can't even get the receiver to bind.

I'm not sure if it's something stupid I'm doing, or if the BEC is complicating things. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                                      Anyone try setting up the Admiral 6channel with gyro on the A-10? I just bought a few to have as I'm still very new to the hobby. I've watched the video, reviewed the quick start guide and just can't get the dang thing going.

1: initially got it to pair, but the controls immediately started going haywire. Unplugged the bind plug and put the BEC in Aux2/bind and it still went flashing like it was in pairing mode (accompanied by the beeps)
                                      2: after following similar steps, now I can't even get the receiver to bind.

I'm not sure if it's something stupid I'm doing, or if the BEC is complicating things. Any thoughts?
                                      Not sure but did you ask about this in a new thread yesterday? Anyway, a few things need to be cleared up. Are you using an external BEC? If so, did you disable the stock ones by disconnecting the red wire on the throttle input? If not, why not? If you are using an external BEC AND the stock ones, hopefully you didn't burn something up.

Comment

• No this is my first inquiry about this. Just using the stock BEC. I'm going to troubleshoot some more, wondering if it's something incredibly stupid involving polarity or something.

my other question involving the quick setup and setting up the mix: per the book it recommends the I switch and setting it to GER. With my DX8 there is no GER option for this.

I can move this over to the receiver forum, I just didn't know if anyone has thus issue with the A-10 or not. Going to try and get things set up with my Rebel tomorrow.

EDIT: Well if it wasn't already official, I'm a giant loser idiot. Polarity was wrong; guess I just assumed it was the same as the Speks. Still not able to assign the recovery switch per the manual to GER as it's not an option. I'm using AX2 as it's getting power via the BEC but hard to test out the recovery mode. I'm embarrassed to have written all this. I'll likely make a phone call to the folks at motion to square this away unless someone is able to chime in. Sorry everyone.

Comment

• I’m waiting for those scale looking main struts just for the added look they provide. I like the stock scale nose gear, and just need those mains to set it off right. If I didn’t fly off pavement, I’d keep the trailing link main gear.

Comment

Working...
                                          X