X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    The Cobras are rated for 150A but they are smaller and lighter than the 125A Gekkos... It was the first time I have ever tried the Cobras which I got for a really good price at NEFI. I figured ehhh... It was worth a try.
    The Gecko 125 or 150 I believe have 10 gauge wiring, more caps (may be larger caps as well) on the ESC, and I've seen some newer version come with addition caps soldered to the ESC at the front already from the factory, which is pretty cool. Not sure how new that is, or if they still do that, or if it's only the HV version that does that versus the standard Gecko ESC in that size range.

Edit: Here is a pic I found online of the ESC with the cap packs that supposedly are installed at the factory.

Attached Files

Comment

• Is the a10 any more difficult to fly than the avanti ?

Comment

• I don't have the Avanti but my buddy does. A very easy flyer. Much like the Stinger 90 which I do have. Sure looks great in the air.

I have the A-10 and honestly? She fly's like big trainer. No bad tendencies. Can fly in all kinds of wind. No need for a gyro. Fly's fast( kind of) or slow. Grass or pavement. No worries. Easy to setup at the field. Takes me about 10 minutes to mount the wings.

Highly recommend .

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• The 80mm Avanti and 80mm A-10 both fly fantastic, and both are very predictable flyers. They can be very tame and mellow with mild throws. Although both completely different aircraft with different flight envelope possibilities, they are both so easy to fly. You obviously would be flying the A-10 with more scale like maneuvers, unlike a sport jet that the Avanti is where it can do just about anything you throw at it. A person who is confortable with EDF jets could easily fly both in my opinion. A difference worth noting though is their landing character. The Avanti can be more forgiving, and can be landed in mediocre fashion and still provide a good level of forgiveness, whereas the A-10 should be landed like a scale jet. Slow down the A-10 appropriately, use flaps accordingly, and as it slows enough then bring back in enough power to keep it flying on a proper glideslope with nose up. Use appropriate elevator control during flare to get the mains on the ground (and don't completely let go of elevator pressure when the mains touch). If the A-10 isn't landed properly, you risk doing the bunny hop dance. LOL

Comment

• Awesome thanks. Ya seen lots of YouTube videos with the bounce But I have been saving my pennies. Almost there !

Comment

• I got my other ESC a day early so finished installing it last night. Both fans are pulling 100A @ WOT and nothing seems to be overheating near as I can tell so I think I am back in business. The Gekko/Zeus ESC's seem to be more robust with better heat sinking.

Comment

I got my other ESC a day early so finished installing it last night. Both fans are pulling 100A @ WOT and nothing seems to be overheating near as I can tell so I think I am back in business. The Gekko/Zeus ESC's seem to be more robust with better heat sinking.
                Woohoo, it's go-time!

Comment

Not a problem Tim. Glad to be of service. I look forward to seeing how yours turn out.
                  Did you install yours vertically or horizontal? The discs shipped yesterday. Now onto the AMA Inaugural Jet Rally in Iowa. By the way Noah will be 6mths old and requires a mini ppap to sleep at night. Being weaned off of the drugs. The optic nerve is still an issue. It may cure itself, only time will tell.

Tim T

Comment

• Been praying for Noah every time I can think of him!!! He will be fine!!! God has this one! Great news.....

Comment

• Noah today having a hard time breathing. May have to reintibat. My little Grandson Noah. Hopefully a future EDF RC Pilot. Anything MRC FW He will fly.

Tim T

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

Did you install yours vertically or horizontal? The discs shipped yesterday. Now onto the AMA Inaugural Jet Rally in Iowa. By the way Noah will be 6mths old and requires a mini ppap to sleep at night. Being weaned off of the drugs. The optic nerve is still an issue. It may cure itself, only time will tell.

Tim T
                        Vertically. I trimmed the back of the stock lens to center the strobe aft of the existing LED then carved foam out to fit the disc.

Comment

• Going to try this mod.

Comment

• Some pretty cool A-10 destruction video...

http://worldwarwings.com/savage-10-w...t=a-10+warthog

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
                              Going to try this mod.
                              Will be doing this mod as well.

Comment

• One of Steve's A-10s featured on our local news along with several other TiredIron Aviation guys.

TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                                  Noah today having a hard time breathing. May have to reintibat. My little Grandson Noah. Hopefully a future EDF RC Pilot. Anything MRC FW He will fly.

Tim T
                                  Still praying for Noah:Heart:
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Has anyone found a fix for this part? It has been out of stock forever, not sure if it ever was in stock. But as brittle as these are not sure I want to put another stock one back in...
                                    Anyone know if there is another part like this from another model that may be used to replace it???
                                    Wish I would have bought that little Smithy lathe and mill awhile back, could have made one in 5 minutes and be in the air today,:Angry: might have even been able to sell a couple...:Confused:

Comment

• The 1600mm Spitfire axles will work if you cut the shoulder down a little.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                        The 1600mm Spitfire axles will work if you cut the shoulder down a little.
                                        Thanks, I will check that out!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                          The 1600mm Spitfire axles will work if you cut the shoulder down a little.
                                          Just ordered a couple...
                                          Thanks again TI...

Comment

Working...
                                          X