Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's defiantly captured some excellent shots!

Comment

• Originally posted by Xtraflyr View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	91716 Well I got r done. Whomever had the wet sock idea,thanks !! Worked like a charm!! It may not be perfect but it's done!!
      Would someone please point me back to the post that explains the "wet sock" method

Comment

• It's just putting a wet sock on your hand to help align and set the water slides.

Comment

• Afterwards you can put on a puppet show. Sorry, could not resist
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Did anyone else get a notification that the nose retracts were available from MRC today? If so, they're already gone (and I missed them)... :Angry::Angry::Angry::(:(:(

Comment

• G'day boys. Put another 4 flights on the raaf a-10 today. Gotta say, the more I fly it, the more I love it. What a sweet flying airframe. As far as my edf collection goes, this is quickly becoming my favourite. Super stoked with the power in a vertical and its aero capabilities. Couldn't get the grin off my face today.

But... finally got the bounce on landing that you guys have been talking about on my first flight for the day with it. (No dramas, no damage, just flared her with some throttle back onto the mains and landed really nice and soft - was proud of that one more than my greasers today lol). I've had no issues at all with landing her with the nose up in high alpha and coming down onto the mains with a little power like you saw in my maiden vids, but this one I got wrong and the nose hit about the same time (or slightly before), the mains did - and whoosh she's airborne. Point being I finally saw for myself what you guys have been talking about. That's some rebound, wow.

The other 3 flights I made sure I kept the nose up early and landed on the mains, and no dramas at all. Last one was a pearler which is always nice to finish on. So just saying for those of you that may struggle a bit with landing this one, i'd highly recommend you try to ensure you are keeping the nose up and touching the mains first. (Sorta like you see a commercial passenger jet land). Ive had zero issues landing this way and in my experience it settles down really nice and easy onto the nose. This first encounter with "the bounce" convinced me a high alpha approach is the only way to land this bird unless you want to mod/swap the gear as others have highlighted. Anyway, just my two cents in that it may help someone. Loving the a-10. Cheers.
              :)

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post
                Did anyone else get a notification that the nose retracts were available from MRC today? If so, they're already gone (and I missed them)... :Angry::Angry::Angry::(:(:(
                I've been checking regularly, and haven't seen them in stock-so keep looking. I ordered some from RC Castle, they got all the parts for it, though it may take a few weeks to get them, only 10.00 for shipping.:Cool:

Comment

• Ya, did the same. Shipping was $7.00 I think they clear customs at the HK Post. Then get on a plane.
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• I did notice the 90 mm nacelles were in stock last night. Those have been out for a while. I joined the ranks of those ordering nose landing gear parts from RC Castle but still checking spare parts on the MRC website daily for appearance of the new oleo struts for the mains.
                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I hear ya, guy's.....I'm looking every day for : Fuse, Nose gear & canopy, or ARF + and neither are in stock on the website.....?

Comment

• What is the best easy replacement part for the nose gear pin, that has proven to work? After many uneventful landings over the past few months, my clubmate and I both had our first bounce landings. Both were on the same day while landing in a stiff crosswind. Each resulted in broken nose gear pain and little else.

Comment

• Yeah, support verified for me today that the nose retracts were in from 5:30pmCST yesterday until a couple hours later... never should have waited until I got home... :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Comment

• Anyone running 5500 or larger batts. Any problems stacking them in the rearward posistion?
                            Thanks!!

Comment

• I'm running RT 5800 35C's and RT 6250 35C's . I have found no need to stack either. RT's are typically lighter than most. www.rcjetwerx.com. Butted up tightly with the aft batt as far back as it will go. Almost on the PC board.

Hawk

Comment

• Rick,

I wonder how many they ordered for replenishing the spares stock? Obviously not enough to fulfill the big demand. I had to veer and order mine from RC Castle. A PITA but I can't be grounded forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                  What is the best easy replacement part for the nose gear pin, that has proven to work? After many uneventful landings over the past few months, my clubmate and I both had our first bounce landings. Both were on the same day while landing in a stiff crosswind. Each resulted in broken nose gear pain and little else.
                                  The Freewing 1600mm Spitfire axles work if you cut the shoulder down a little.
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Rc Castle has the type C retract in stock. When I sheared off the pin a week ago, I discovered that I sprung the retract pretty good too. $15.00 + $7 shipping so I bought a few more odds and ends.

Hope there's a better nose gear solution coming soon or I'm gonna buy stock in the retract company.

Comment

• I went ahead and ordered a couple of the nose gear pins from rccastle last Saturday (just in case) and got them last night, so bravo on the fast shipping. Very unusual, usually 2 weeks minimum from anything from China like Bangood or others.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                        I'm running RT 5800 35C's and RT 6250 35C's . I have found no need to stack either. RT's are typically lighter than most. www.rcjetwerx.com. Butted up tightly with the aft batt as far back as it will go. Almost on the PC board.

Hawk
                                        These are actually RTs but they're 45c. Ill put them as far back as I can and give it a wirl.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcrc View Post

Would someone please point me back to the post that explains the "wet sock" method
                                          T"was Me on the grassy.......

Hmm...well their is no SOP except to get a cotton sock sopping wet, then gently squeeze out the water so it still wet but not dripping.
                                          Pre wet the area with your favorite solution. Apply decal. Massage the decal with your hand ( sock included ) from the center outward so that it conforms to the nose.

If your going to clear coat it I would first gently sand the nose with some 2000 grit sand paper first.
                                          Decals lay down a lot better on smooth surfaces.

That's it !

Pete

Comment

Working...
                                          X