X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Ha-ha, thanks. That's very true. It's basically a robot hog. Maybe we should call it Hoggle Bee or Hogtimus Prime LOL.
    How about HogitronLOLBrad

Comment

• I must be missing something. Kind of new to big electric planes. I got the A-10, F-7, Stinger 90, Avanti, Carbon Z Cub and T-28. All of them I just put a receiver in and started flying. What am I not doing. All seem to operate fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I have one of those bench top belt sanders with the side disk sander as well. I just set them on the tray next to the disk sander and kept sanding down the edges and having to break off the burr on the bottom edge of the dome until I got the diameter down to about a 1/32" larger than the inside edge of the dome. Something like this. obviously with the Pave Penny you only want to take it down to the OD of the foam which left about a 1/8" flat edge all the way around the 7/8" dome.

Click image for larger version Name:	Maverick dome cross section.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	91644
        sorry if this has been asked before. What's are these domes from? Where do we get those?

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
          I must be missing something. Kind of new to big electric planes. I got the A-10, F-7, Stinger 90, Avanti, Carbon Z Cub and T-28. All of them I just put a receiver in and started flying. What am I not doing. All seem to operate fine.
          It's possible that you may not be getting the full range of throttle. And while many planes will fly just fine at 75% throttle, you could be missing out on the top end. Download the ESC manual from the link I post. In the instructions, there's a section called "Begin To Use Your New ESC" that describes the throttle calibration method. Once you do this, your ESC will be calibrated to your throttle stick.
          Pat

Comment

I must be missing something. Kind of new to big electric planes. I got the A-10, F-7, Stinger 90, Avanti, Carbon Z Cub and T-28. All of them I just put a receiver in and started flying. What am I not doing. All seem to operate fine.
            If it works, don't mess with it. I like plug and play and forget it. I only had one EDF that needed the esc to be set for end points. It was simple and done in less than a minute. No problems since. Throttle all the way up with Rx plugged in, turn on Tx, listen for beeps, throttle down, finished and all worked fine.

Comment

I'm with you man." If it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you're having a problem of some kind it needs to be addressed but otherwise, just go out and fly. Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Xtraflyr View Post
                sorry if this has been asked before. What's are these domes from? Where do we get those?

I used the 7/8" and 1" domes to do what I did.

Comment

• Thanks for the info guys.
                  Really appreciate it...

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	91716 Well I got r done. Whomever had the wet sock idea,thanks !! Worked like a charm!! It may not be perfect but it's done!!

Comment

• Looks awesome mate. Great job.

Comment

• I believe it was rcjetdude that made the single rail launchers(LAU-117a) for the mavs. Is there any possibility that you could make a set for a small nominal "govt contract" price?????

Comment

• Is hobbysquawk a electric rc plane forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                            Is hobbysquawk a electric rc plane forum?
                            I thought it was Motion RC's Forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                              Is hobbysquawk a electric rc plane forum?
                              I don't think it's exclusively for electric planes. I think it's safe to post about anything.
                              Pat

Comment

• It's a motion forum first and foremost, but imho they run it as simply a rc forum for people like us. It's not confined to just electric, (or just motion products for that matter), in my experience. Post away mate. If it's rc and flies, there'll be a spot for it on the squawk I'm sure.
                                ;)

So... wouldn't you know it? I finished the two vids of my a-10 maiden, and we get a huge storm this morning when I'm uploading em to YouTube - and lose power to the house. (Lots of hail and lightning, one bolt shook my house - sounded like it landed next door was that bloody loud). Anyway, powers up but no Internet. Service provider says lightening damage, they are working to fix it. (I'm on my phone ATM). So another day before the vids sorry fellas.

(Don't crucify me like I'm a motion rep telling you customs are holding up a container). :)

Comment

• Originally posted by bcrc View Post
                                  INEXPENSIVE BALANCING STAND FOR YOUR FREEWING A-10

I made this stand with parts I had around the house: a piece of 2X4, some 1/2" pvc, a couple of "T"s, and some "Non-Stick" tool box liner.
                                  The only thing I had to buy was the liner - and now I can line my tool boxes with the leftover!
                                  It is self-explanatory. Glue the tool box liner to the top of the "T"s. The center-to-center distance between the uprights is 10". The uprights should be at least 10" long. I drilled out the 2X4 with a 7/8" bit, which is a little sloppy, but I put a couple of laps of orange duct tape around it so they fit tight.
                                  As long as you are close to the CG, the liner will keep it from slipping and you can move the airplane around until it balances perfectly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000612.JPG
Views:	556
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	91656Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000613.JPG
Views:	550
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	91652Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000614.JPG
Views:	515
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	91657Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000615.JPG
Views:	577
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	91658
                                  Nice work.

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• So, I have now have 7 flights on the A-10 (that dreaded thing called work keeps me from flying more...lol). Yesterdays flight ran into issues unrelated to the plane, but turned out to be pretty informative. Flight was done with ordinance and WOT on take off (grass field) and one WOT pass. Kept it half throttle for the rest of the flight. During my landing attempt(s), I couldn't seem to get it lined up due to cross winds. After the third attempt, I set it down diagonally across the runway due to the fear of puffing the batteries, or hitting the LVC point. I have my timer set for the recommended 3:30 and flew it for 1:30 over limit trying to get this thing to land. A check of the batteries revealed and average of 3.7 volts per cell. I am using the Admiral 5000s and stock ESCs and Fans. Just passing on a little assurance for the ones (like me) who are concerned about flight times. And this flight, I was a little more comfortable then usual and completed a few more aerobatic maneuvers then I normally do. With the posts from others, and my own experiences, this thing continues to impress me. Again, well done to all that had a part in the design, manufacture, and implementation of this plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
                                      So, I have now have 7 flights on the A-10 (that dreaded thing called work keeps me from flying more...lol). Yesterdays flight ran into issues unrelated to the plane, but turned out to be pretty informative. Flight was done with ordinance and WOT on take off (grass field) and one WOT pass. Kept it half throttle for the rest of the flight. During my landing attempt(s), I couldn't seem to get it lined up due to cross winds. After the third attempt, I set it down diagonally across the runway due to the fear of puffing the batteries, or hitting the LVC point. I have my timer set for the recommended 3:30 and flew it for 1:30 over limit trying to get this thing to land. A check of the batteries revealed and average of 3.7 volts per cell. I am using the Admiral 5000s and stock ESCs and Fans. Just passing on a little assurance for the ones (like me) who are concerned about flight times. And this flight, I was a little more comfortable then usual and completed a few more aerobatic maneuvers then I normally do. With the posts from others, and my own experiences, this thing continues to impress me. Again, well done to all that had a part in the design, manufacture, and implementation of this plane.
                                      Im
                                      running 5200mah batts and I'm setting my timer for 4min. Then give me a minute to land. Should be fine,I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xtraflyr View Post
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	91716 Well I got r done. Whomever had the wet sock idea,thanks !! Worked like a charm!! It may not be perfect but it's done!!
                                        What is the wet sock idea? Brad

Comment

• Its a folk remedy, you can wear wet socks to fight a cold.... So you don't get snot all over the A10. :Cool: ;)

http://theelixirmag.com/2015/12/28/w...eal-your-cold/

// runs away laughing hysterically...
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X