Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Hey Charlie,

Your PM box is full. I have a spare rocket pod I could send you. $10 should cover it with shipping. Send me a PayPal at crxmanpat@gmail.com, then PM me your mailing address and I'll get it out to you tomorrow.
    PM SENT...........Thanx Pat ;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Big thank you to Steve for helping me out calibrating everything with my A-10. I'm grateful for the help and patience of guys like Steve as well as the community here on the squawk. Now if this Illinois weather could get right I might be able to have a chance to fly this dang thing!

Comment

• Turns out I did not have the rocket pod, so Charlie is still looking for one.
        Pat

Comment

• Probably not relevant for most of you (my prints that is), but can't get over how awesome 3D printing is for this hobby. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

DirtyDee and others have demonstrated the power of 3D printing for some totally awesome cosmetic mods/additions. For my part, as a novice modeller, I'm doing my best to use the technology on a practical level in my turbine project. Particularly happy with this thing, a mount that holds a fuel pump + valve. Was pretty hard to measure, and getting it right on the first try was just as much luck as skill I guess, but the result is never the less something I'm shamelessly proud of :D

Also printed a mount for the connection board, to fit in the upper fuselage behind the tank ;)

What a time we live in... these parts would been a nightmare to manufacture the old fashioned way...
          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Charlie, you got a 3D printer? I just sold my ordinance set to someone but havent shipped it out yet. I can take measurements and model a LAU-131 for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                Charlie, you got a 3D printer? I just sold my ordinance set to someone but havent shipped it out yet. I can take measurements and model a LAU-131 for you.
                DD...........I wish I had a printer :( But then again, if you can model it into a file, I might be able to convince Steve to practice his printing skills on his newly acquired unit for me. ;)
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Looks great janmb

Comment

• Guys, just wanted to say how awesome it is to read all of your expert posts! Really helps put my mind at ease with the tips and details you provide. I'm still stuck waiting to maiden my A-10 due to weather, but it should be soon..... Here is what I woke up to :Crying2::Crying2::Crying2: -- even the daffodils aren't happy with that blanket of snow! I know, patience, patience, patience - it will be so worth it! Happy Flying to all and hope to have maiden pix up in a couple of weeks.

Regards,
                    Jim
                    Attached Files

Comment

• We're lucky to all benefit from such a diverse group of members, Jim! I hope your dafodils and A-10 can come out to play soon.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                        We're lucky to all benefit from such a diverse group of members, Jim! I hope your dafodils and A-10 can come out to play soon.
                        Me too Alpha - I truly can't wait. You know I'm anxious to maiden her when I tried to imagine the A-10 with skis on it ;). I flew my vintage Goldberg Skylane 62 with skis on it for the first time a week or so ago. Click image for larger version

Name:	Skylane.png
Views:	307
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	127793

Comment

• Found this online. Nice repaint for the "Black Snakes" scheme that comes with the kit, though decals would need to be changed to white via Callie Graphics. Best, Elbee
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee i started the scheme i will tell you though keep it out of the sun!!! Other than that i like it. Callie had to make some mods to it.. but looks good i think.. not sure if ill just camo around everything else or make it all black like the photo

Comment

• Originally posted by gravityworks View Post
                              Elbee i started the scheme i will tell you though keep it out of the sun!!! Other than that i like it. Callie had to make some mods to it.. but looks good i think.. not sure if ill just camo around everything else or make it all black like the photo
                              GW, I think you should do the all black. It is a menacing looking scheme, like an A-10 needed help with that! Well done, Sir. Please post pix as you progress. Best, Elbee.
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yep that's an awesome scheme. Don't think anyone's done that yet? Keep us updated I'd love to see how it comes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                  Looking for a Warthog owner that has an LAU Rocket Pod in any shape/condition that they are not using and would sell at a reasonable price.
                                  I revitalized the damaged one from my destroyed Hog to be repurposed on my 80" span O-2 Skymaster project and requires a second rocket pod.
                                  Please PM me if anyone would like to help me out here.
                                  THE REQUEST HAS BEEN FULLFILLED.
                                  Many thanx to Gravity Tester and his generosity.:Cool: Since your from Indiana, if you get your keister to NEFI in June, I will have some high grade pop tops to share. ;)
                                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

• LOLHa ha. You are very welcome, Charlie. Happy to help. Put those pop tops on ice. Middle of June is gonna be serious fun in the Hoosier state between NEFI, the Jet Jam and Jets over the Heartland up in Winamac the following weekend.

Dan

Comment

• Hi buddies need your help... right now I´m in process of updating all landing gears.. on mains gear not sure is the forks of the new ones goes pointing to the nose or to the tail... into the plastic blister the card show R and L but not sure... if installed per that the fork goes to the front and doesn´t seems natural.. is that right or fork goes to the tail...?. all my best. Manolo.

Comment

• Hi Manolo...on the mains, the fork will be pointing aft when gear are down (pointing down when retracted). That was consistent with how mine came from MRC (the individual bags). Rob

Comment

• I found the fork or scissor link fouled the inside of the gear bay if it was forward when the gear was down. I've done mine so the scissor faces backwards when the gear is down/visible when the gear is retracted.

Comment

Working...
                                          X