First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Wow. Those are awesome!
    Thanks!

Also, finally making a dent with my office upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

I hear you! I just need to find the balance of the distance of the approach with the altitude. I completely agree about the relationship between power and elevator...I just have to get over my timidity about the speed of the landing and trust the AOA and rate of descent. AND, keep this an Air Force landing and not a Navy (carrier) one!!! :Cool:Hopefully more to report next weekend! Rob
      Hey Rob, glad you watched my video, just wanted to comment on it, if you noticed I did power on landings as well as no power landings, it was never meant for others to try the no power landings, I was only trying to show how slow the A-10 can land and not have a pogo stick landing, it was my first time doing a video and maybe I made it sound like that was the only way to land the A-10 was without power, it will do that with no problem but I don't recommend it if your not comfortable landing it without power. The part I want to make clear about the video is this, you need to hold the flare as your bleeding off the air speed. I know there are others who didn't like the video and misunderstood my point on how to land the A-10 without a bounce, just remember to not land on all three gear at the same time, you must hold the flare. I'm still flying mine with the original gear and most of the time I land with power like in the video, when I get bored, I take it up a little higher and pull power off just to keep in practice as if I did lose power and had to make an emergency landing, I do this with all my EDF jets and have learned each ones glide path, it's just something I do and I enjoy the challenge of being able to land exactly where I want to. I took the video down, don't want no crashes because of it......:)
      Enjoy the A-10 Rob, it is the best EDF I have ever flown, I can't find anything it does wrong.......:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
        Keep killin' me!! Your work is simply outstanding, DD. I have cockpit envy. Best LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks!

That is really beautiful...whether the canopy works or not, that is awesome workmanship! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Hey Rob, glad you watched my video, just wanted to comment on it, if you noticed I did power on landings as well as no power landings, it was never meant for others to try the no power landings, I was only trying to show how slow the A-10 can land and not have a pogo stick landing, it was my first time doing a video and maybe I made it sound like that was the only way to land the A-10 was without power, it will do that with no problem but I don't recommend it if your not comfortable landing it without power. The part I want to make clear about the video is this, you need to hold the flare as your bleeding off the air speed. I know there are others who didn't like the video and misunderstood my point on how to land the A-10 without a bounce, just remember to not land on all three gear at the same time, you must hold the flare. I'm still flying mine with the original gear and most of the time I land with power like in the video, when I get bored, I take it up a little higher and pull power off just to keep in practice as if I did lose power and had to make an emergency landing, I do this with all my EDF jets and have learned each ones glide path, it's just something I do and I enjoy the challenge of being able to land exactly where I want to. I took the video down, don't want no crashes because of it......:)
            Enjoy the A-10 Rob, it is the best EDF I have ever flown, I can't find anything it does wrong.......:Cool:
            Thanks for that clarification! I appreciated your video and am encouraged by your perspective based on all the jets you have (along with the others that have given such good input). Again, I just have the Stinger 90 to compare with, and this is certainly a different animal. I'm looking forward to shooting more approaches and putting into practice what my head knows is right, over-riding what my gut says is too fast. With the Stinger I've settled into a relatively short and steep glide path and I think I just need to extend this further out and make it more shallow.

I apologize for discussing landings yet again...I have no complaints about this plane or the gear! I certainly don't want to distract the good conversations, but I am highly motivated by a desire to achieve the perfect landing, all the time, regardless of what plane I'm flying! For me, that is one of my greatest satisfactions about flying RC! I am learning so much that is making me better and I am sharing my experiences in the hope that it might benefit someone, just as this thread has helped me so much! Rob

Comment

• Thanks guys.

I was considering the operating canopy but with weather cooperating now I'm eager to get stick time with the hog. Ive only had one flight on it last year, so it will basically be a re-maiden :). Plus, I plan on bringing it to Jet Jam in June so gotta get ready since time is moving quickly!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

Thanks for that clarification! I appreciated your video and am encouraged by your perspective based on all the jets you have (along with the others that have given such good input). Again, I just have the Stinger 90 to compare with, and this is certainly a different animal. I'm looking forward to shooting more approaches and putting into practice what my head knows is right, over-riding what my gut says is too fast. With the Stinger I've settled into a relatively short and steep glide path and I think I just need to extend this further out and make it more shallow.

I apologize for discussing landings yet again...I have no complaints about this plane or the gear! I certainly don't want to distract the good conversations, but I am highly motivated by a desire to achieve the perfect landing, all the time, regardless of what plane I'm flying! For me, that is one of my greatest satisfactions about flying RC! I am learning so much that is making me better and I am sharing my experiences in the hope that it might benefit someone, just as this thread has helped me so much! Rob
                That's the right attitude Rob...keep at it and you'll have it down in no time. Always accept the challenge!!

Comment

• DCORSAIR or RCAV8R , got a link to the A-10 flight video you two are speaking of? I cant seem to find it in the thread.

Comment

Mk-20 Rockeye II for anyone who wants it:

Brilliant work as always!
                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• On another note...I got a new airbrush and just had to try it out! Here's round #2 of my painting effort on the A-10! The first time I did an undercoat, but when I went over it with the color coat (which was house paint), I was too conservative and lost the benefit of the other shades peeking through. This time I'm going to exaggerate the color difference between the light and dark ghost, and be more sparing with the color coat! Rob

Comment

DCORSAIR or RCAV8R , got a link to the A-10 flight video you two are speaking of? I cant seem to find it in the thread.
                        He said in the recent post he took it down! Rob

Comment

• Check this out. Just a tease on our FB page. Full video and install vids coming soon! https://www.facebook.com/MotionRc/vi...8630062224428/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                            Check this out. Just a tease on our FB page. Full video and install vids coming soon! https://www.facebook.com/MotionRc/vi...8630062224428/
                            Wow Ryan...those were fan-tastic landings! You just kissed the ground and held the NG up in style! That's exactly what I hope for and what we've been talking about! Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to more!!:)Rob

Comment

Check this out. Just a tease on our FB page. Full video and install vids coming soon! https://www.facebook.com/MotionRc/vi...8630062224428/
                              Looking forward to the install video. Had some conflicts on my own install so eager to see yours.

Comment

Maybe you could post that here Ryan. I don't and won't do facebook now more than ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Looking forward to the install video. Had some conflicts on my own install so eager to see yours.
                                  what issues did you have? I installed mine no issues, but havent operated the retracts to see the fitment yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Maybe you could post that here Ryan. I don't and won't do facebook now more than ever.
                                    This is non official. The official video will be out later. This is cell phone footage uncut. Watch in 1080. This is what the tease was cut from.

Comment

what issues did you have? I installed mine no issues, but havent operated the retracts to see the fitment yet.
                                      Wheels conflict with the foam when retracted (and I even have slightly narrower and smaller wheels than stock)

Will have to do some minor grinding for my part

Comment

• My buddy Ron flying his A-10 yesterday. Looks like he was having a NLG issue at times.

Comment

• Looks like hes trying to flare out way too high to me. Most of the videos I've seen with this plane show it has to be flown down like alot of warlords and flared only about a foot off the ground. Otherwise that evil bounce will get ya.

Comment

Working...
                                          X