Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the AN/ALQ-119 ECM pod I just finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
      Here is the AN/ALQ-119 ECM pod I just finished.
      https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2852911
      Awesome work as always.

Finally getting into some modelling and printing myself - but mainly doing practical stuff like mounts and tools for the time being - unsure if there is enough of an artist in me to ever do cosmetics half as good as you
      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• So, I finally get home from a working trip since ordering my A-10. Super excited to get back and start the build. I get all the way to where I need to install the receiver (AR9030T...it came with my Ix-12 controller) but all the wires coming off the aircraft board will not fit into the receiver because they (the wires) are all rectangular shaped ends, where as the receiver only takes a half-tapered plug.:Angry:. Has anyone else run into this....and what was the fix?

Comment

• Originally posted by Errick View Post
          So, I finally get home from a working trip since ordering my A-10. Super excited to get back and start the build. I get all the way to where I need to install the receiver (AR9030T...it came with my Ix-12 controller) but all the wires coming off the aircraft board will not fit into the receiver because they (the wires) are all rectangular shaped ends, where as the receiver only takes a half-tapered plug.:Angry:. Has anyone else run into this....and what was the fix?
          You can trim the corners of connector with xacto blade or file to allow proper fit to rx.
          Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

So, I finally get home from a working trip since ordering my A-10. Super excited to get back and start the build. I get all the way to where I need to install the receiver (AR9030T...it came with my Ix-12 controller) but all the wires coming off the aircraft board will not fit into the receiver because they (the wires) are all rectangular shaped ends, where as the receiver only takes a half-tapered plug.:Angry:. Has anyone else run into this....and what was the fix?
            I find sandpaper works great.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

As others have said, carefully file/trim the correct corners on your servo connectors.

I use a dremel with a fine grinding tool for such mods, but lots of ways to approach that.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

As others have said, carefully file/trim the correct corners on your servo connectors.

I use a dremel with a fine grinding tool for such mods, but lots of ways to approach that.
                I get to aggressive with power tools on small projects like, this must be my age.

Mike
                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

I get to aggressive with power tools on small projects like, this must be my age.

Mike
                  Sounds familiar lol

Trick is to use a sufficiently fine grinding tool so things don't happen too fast

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Awesome work as always.

Finally getting into some modelling and printing myself - but mainly doing practical stuff like mounts and tools for the time being - unsure if there is enough of an artist in me to ever do cosmetics half as good as you
                    Very cool, and thanks.

Ive been at this for over 10 years so I have picked up a few tricks along the way. Thankfully most ordinance is fairly simple shapes and nothing too complex, so its not too bad. Start with the general outline, then slowly start adding the details.

Comment

Just be sure you have the correct orientation on the plug before sanding/trimming;)

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post

You can trim the corners of connector with xacto blade or file to allow proper fit to rx.
                        Tried to trim with an exacto blade but ended up cutting thru...

Comment

• Thanks for everyone's input. It was greatly appreciated. I ended up pulling out the dremel as a last resort, but all plugs now fit. Thanks again everyone.

Comment

• My apologies for me being the mayor of amateurville, but I have a question on the ESC throttle calibration versus the calibration of the ESCs. I reviewed the video MRC posted on the B-24, but the sounds are different so I ended up just syncing the ESCs to factory default settings. The fans seem to be synced up per the instructions in the video, but there is no option to calibrate the throttle with the A-10 manual. Additionally, it seems that the instructions for calibrating the throttle range and calibrating the ESCs are the same. That being said, when I set up for throttle range calibration, it enters programming mode. I'd imagine things are fine as is, but I just want to make sure I get this right as it seems to be much easier with my single fan jets.

Comment

• To calibrate the throttle range, you have to unplug one of the throttle inputs to the circuit board in order to isolate one motor. Then you put your throttle all the way up, plug in the battery that has the BEC connection on it, and when you hear two beeps, you drop your throttle. At that point I believe you are in the programming mode if you want to do more. To isolate the other motor, you swap the leads into the circuit board. I just got through doing this and I had to try several times to isolate each motor...so I know I'm probably missing a step in here somewhere. RCJetdude has this down cold! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                To calibrate the throttle range, you have to unplug one of the throttle inputs to the circuit board in order to isolate one motor. Then you put your throttle all the way up, plug in the battery that has the BEC connection on it, and when you hear two beeps, you drop your throttle. At that point I believe you are in the programming mode if you want to do more. To isolate the other motor, you swap the leads into the circuit board. I just got through doing this and I had to try several times to isolate each motor...so I know I'm probably missing a step in here somewhere. RCJetdude has this down cold! Rob
                                Yes, we're playing a little message tag as he wants to walk me through things over the phone. This was just my attempt at figuring things out without him having to dedicate weekend time for a dummy like me. In Steve we trust :)

Comment

• I always tie my battery leads together to sync both at the same time.
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    I always tie my battery leads together to sync both at the same time.
                                    I also prefer to sync them at the same time. For me, I hold the 2 ESC connectors in the same hand, have both battery connectors close and handy and plug them in really fast. If you fumble, just disconnect and try again. Or you do what Ryan said in his video for another twin. You disconnect the throttle lead from the receiver, plug both batteries in, then plug the throttle lead back in. Both ESCs initialize and start their beeping at the same time.

Comment

• Looking for a Warthog owner that has an LAU Rocket Pod in any shape/condition that they are not using and would sell at a reasonable price.
                                      I revitalized the damaged one from my destroyed Hog to be repurposed on my 80" span O-2 Skymaster project and requires a second rocket pod.
                                      Please PM me if anyone would like to help me out here.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey Charlie,

Your PM box is full. I have a spare rocket pod I could send you. $10 should cover it with shipping. Send me a PayPal at crxmanpat@gmail.com, then PM me your mailing address and I'll get it out to you tomorrow.
                                        Pat

Comment

I didn’t have much issue getting the leads to fit, just a little trimming. My issue with the AR9030 was getting to to work in the A-10 period. I, along with a few others, found it difficult to get it to sync with the ESC’s.

Switched to the AR8010 and had no issue. Never could figure out what the problem was.

If you have or eventually do get yours to bind correctly please let me know what steps you took.

Comment

Working...
                                          X