Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys,, was wondering if anyone knows if the smc 435 volt packs r available in australia,, cant find any,, not looking hard enuf maybe,, and is there much if any mods to airframe electronics req for the use of these packs... even 5 or 6 minuts sounds good to me.... thanx in advance

Comment

• Email Danny at SMC racing, telling him what packs and connectors you want. He will arrange shipping direct from the factory. Did it 4 times last year, it is really cheap too. Pay via PayPal.
      No mods required to use them in this plane with stock electrics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alphonso View Post
        Email Danny at SMC racing, telling him what packs and connectors you want. He will arrange shipping direct from the factory. Did it 4 times last year, it is really cheap too. Pay via PayPal.
        No mods required to use them in this plane with stock electrics.
        Thanx will do.. of course next question(2 of em) i want to use them on al 37 and f4 phantom fwing.. so any mods req.....?. But will i need different lipo charger

Comment

• Hey fellas, Just received my A-10 and a problem dawned on me. So, I was planning on using Spektrum ESC's which have about a 6 inch lead...yet I've got 30 inches to go to get to a battery. Yet a quick search on line reveals that the longest extension you can but for a IC5 is 6 inches. Does anybody know if there's a maximum length you can extend IC5 connectors due to current under load? It's easy enough to buy a couple of connectors and the wire and make my own, but now I'm wondering how much loss I'll incur do to the extra nearly 6 feet of wire between the ESC's and the battery.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

Thanx will do.. of course next question(2 of em) i want to use them on al 37 and f4 phantom fwing.. so any mods req.....?. But will i need different lipo charger
            No issue using 4.35V lipos in those models. Yes your charger needs to be able to charge to 4.35V per cell. SMC do standard voltage lipos too.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPD View Post
              Hey fellas, Just received my A-10 and a problem dawned on me. So, I was planning on using Spektrum ESC's which have about a 6 inch lead...yet I've got 30 inches to go to get to a battery. Yet a quick search on line reveals that the longest extension you can but for a IC5 is 6 inches. Does anybody know if there's a maximum length you can extend IC5 connectors due to current under load? It's easy enough to buy a couple of connectors and the wire and make my own, but now I'm wondering how much loss I'll incur do to the extra nearly 6 feet of wire between the ESC's and the battery.
              It is a very good idea to fit capacitors to the power leads when they are longer than 8". The issue is not loss but ripple which is known to destroy the esc. The stock A10 esc's come with extra capacitors already fitted.

Comment

• Two questions here. Both related to A-10 ESC's. So, I go the freewing (reversible) ESC's for my A-10, I also purchased the hobbywingESC programming box. When I connect it up, I get the lights and ability to set parameters as I choose. But, when I hit OK, the "connecting" light comes on and never goes off. It says you have to power down the ESC's then power them back up for changes to take effect. When I do that and put the ESC programming box back in, it shows none of the parameters I set have been programming into the ESC. Anybody have any experience/ideas with this? It seems simple enough and ⅔ of it works, but the actual programming isn't happening. Second question, I have two Spektrum/Avian 120 amp esc doing nothing, (which are much easer to program thru the transmitter) which I would prefer to use. But, they don't even come close to fitting in the space allotted for the ESC in the nacelle. Even if I remove the fan. So, second question is has anybody figured out a way to mount Spektrum 120 amp ESC's in the A-10 nacelle's? I see that if maybe i did a bit of trimming it maybe could squeeze in there, but then there's no clearance of the wiring harness. Ideas?

Comment

• I have a set of JP Hobby 12s 90mm fans and custom 12s 10,000mah batteries from a recent experimental project. I know these huge batteries would be twice as heavy as the standard setup, but the power system should more than compensate for that in the thrust to weight ratio regard.

Thoughts on how a setup like this would fly? Wing loading way too high? Battery bay large enough?

Comment

• Gents, anyone have the measurements for stock front and main wheels including axle? I am considering them for a project.
                    Thank in advance.​

Comment

• HELP!! So, have the A-10 80mm version. Opted for freewing 120 amp ESC's with reverse. Connected both throttle leads to the flight board in the aircraft. When I connect a battery/s one motor gives me the beep beep which the ESC documentation says is an over voltage. When I disconnect one engine (either engine) the other works fine. So I know the ESC isn't bad, or the motor, as if one were bad then they wouldn't work individually. Tried disconnecting a red power lead from one of the throttle leads (thinking maybe it only want's one BEC voltage), same thing. So...I have two working motors, two working ESC's, but when I try and connect them both, only one will operate.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPD View Post
                        HELP!! So, have the A-10 80mm version. Opted for freewing 120 amp ESC's with reverse. Connected both throttle leads to the flight board in the aircraft. When I connect a battery/s one motor gives me the beep beep which the ESC documentation says is an over voltage. When I disconnect one engine (either engine) the other works fine. So I know the ESC isn't bad, or the motor, as if one were bad then they wouldn't work individually. Tried disconnecting a red power lead from one of the throttle leads (thinking maybe it only want's one BEC voltage), same thing. So...I have two working motors, two working ESC's, but when I try and connect them both, only one will operate.
                        Possibly it does not work out, if both ESC's have a BEC?

Comment

• That was part of the problem. But, in the end I just bypassed the freewing control board and wired the throttles directly to the receiver with a Y cable, after I disconnected on of the BEC feed wires, walla...problem solved. Thanks for responding tho....

Comment

• What battery configuration are people using on this model? I was hoping to use two SMC 6S 7200/6200 or two SMC 6S 5900/5100. To my disappointment they don’t fit in the front battery area.

Comment

• I use 2 SMC 6200/5000. Had to trim the bottom of the canopy foam a little bit then they fit well. Moved the electronic board back a bit to slide the batteries back far enough to balance. Flies fantastic. Lots of full throttle acrobatics I end at 7:00. More of a cruising flight and I’ll stretch to 8:00-9:00. Haven’t landed below storage voltage yet. Highly recommend.

Comment

• I have a freewing 64mm edf and does anybody know wich is the best battery to use for it

Comment

• Originally posted by kenbry View Post
                                  What battery configuration are people using on this model? I was hoping to use two SMC 6S 7200/6200 or two SMC 6S 5900/5100. To my disappointment they don’t fit in the front battery area.
                                  I've used HRB 5000 & 6000 ma packs with no issues. I just move the 6000's back. Think I trimmed the hatch a bit.

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• F16viper Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Very glad to have you onboard.

The link I posted is for the Official 64 mm A-10 forum and you will definitely find good advice there.

Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by kenbry View Post
                                      What battery configuration are people using on this model? I was hoping to use two SMC 6S 7200/6200 or two SMC 6S 5900/5100. To my disappointment they don’t fit in the front battery area.
                                      I'm using 2 of the SMC HiV 5900's in mine and it flies outstanding with those. Moved the circuit board and stuck it to the port side fuselage wall for more room. Also upgraded the original 80mm outrunners with the 9 blade 1920 kv inrunners that originally came in my Mig 29 when I upgraded those fans to FMS fans. Flight time over 6 minutes, depending on how you fly. Definitely one of the best flying EDF's in my arsenal. CG back at least 16mm from manual- around 94mm if my memory is accurate. Lands like a dream there and stays relatively oriented level at all throttle positions, since this one is very sensitive to that since the thrust goes directly over the horizontal stabs. Too nose heavy and as you lower throttle it rises, too tail heavy just the opposite.

The picture below shows my battery placement when I originally used 2 HRB 6250's. Don't have a picture with the SMC's, but have both of them about 2 inches further forward since the SMC's together are about 180 gr less in weight, which also makes it fly much better with longer flight times than with the HRB's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	400607 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210328_184930.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	400608
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                      X