Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trobinson99 View Post

Agree, I would stick with the 4000s if that is what you have

I am fortunate in that I have 6s 5000mah already that I can share with A-10 and two other birds I have.

Now I need to pick up a nice deep cycle marine battery for the field. I killed my car battery last season.
    I did the same thing at first, but after a while it became a pain for me to keep the dang thing charged, and I would even run it down during several hours at the field. So I eventually broke down and bought a 2KW Honeywell (Honda clone) Inverter and a CellPro PL8 Duo charger, powered by converted Dell power supplies. Best thing I could have ever done. Now I never worry about running out of charging power.

Comment

• Alpha, the airplane looks fantastic, right down to the ALE-40s! Well done Sir!

Comment

• Sooooo psyched up about ordering this jet. It's a looker alright.

I'm sure Aros will work his incredible magic on an awesome looking pre-order page to do the jet justice. Woohoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          We're getting oooooh so close gents! While I can't say publicly the exact date of the pre-sale, just for fun I will offer two riddles that provide you a solid clue. I won't be able to confirm if you are right or wrong. Sorry to be coy but it beats twiddling thumbs.

LOL

Here's the first:

What day would tomorrow be if yesterday was the day after Thursdays tomorrow?
          Sounds like Monday to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post

I did the same thing at first, but after a while it became a pain for me to keep the dang thing charged, and I would even run it down during several hours at the field. So I eventually broke down and bought a 2KW Honeywell (Honda clone) Inverter and a CellPro PL8 Duo charger, powered by converted Dell power supplies. Best thing I could have ever done. Now I never worry about running out of charging power.
            I'm with ya on keeping the deep cycle battery charged. I have four of them at my field that were leftover from a ZAP electric truck and I was hauling them periodically up to my house to charge( my flying field is on my property) until last summer when one of the guys that flys with me brought a 24" solar panel out and mounted it on our table with a small charger. We generally only fly once or twice a week so the panel has time to keep one of the batteries topped off. On average , the batteries last about two weeks between charges so with the number of guys, 6 on average, the solar panel keeps up. If I was going to do it again, I'd probably go with say a 30 or 36" panel. I also use the power lab 8 charger which luckily will charge either from batteries, 12 or 24 volt, or from a converter like I have up at the house. Not the best solution perhaps, but I like that no gasoline is used for flying or charging. That's about as technical as I can get with the description because I'VE ALREADY TOLD YOU MORE THAN I KNOW!!!LOL Brad

Comment

My wife says Saturday. I stink at puzzles like this.

Comment

We're getting oooooh so close gents! While I can't say publicly the exact date of the pre-sale, just for fun I will offer two riddles that provide you a solid clue. I won't be able to confirm if you are right or wrong. Sorry to be coy but it beats twiddling thumbs.

LOL

Here's the first:

Sounds like we need to be vigilant on Sunday the 26th.

Comment

• bugger it. It's Monday lol.

Comment

• The day after Thursdays tomorrow would be Saturday. In order for Saturday to be yesterday puts you to Sunday and tomorrow puts you to Monday besides, I doubt Aros.MotionRC is working on Sunday. ;)

Comment

• I'm correcting myself to monday. The day after thursdays tomorrow would be saturday but he is asking what day tomorrow would be if saturday was yesterday. And that would be monday. LOL:Whew:

Comment

• Originally posted by sisaksen View Post
                        I'm correcting myself to monday. The day after thursdays tomorrow would be saturday but he is asking what day tomorrow would be if saturday was yesterday. And that would be monday. LOL:Whew:
                        Correct! Good googly goop! I can hardly wait!

Comment

• What day would tomorrow be if yesterday was the day after Thursdays tomorrow?
                          [/QUOTE]

ANSWER: MONDAY

Thursdays tomorrow = Friday
                          Day after Thursdays tomorrow = Saturday
                          Yesterday = Saturday
                          Today = Sunday
                          Tomorrow = MONDAY!

Comment

• Yepper........MONDAY IT IS but now to the nits of the riddle that Aros conveniently dodged.................12:01AM(0001 hrs) or 8AM(0800 hrs) EST(of course my time zone here in upstate NY :Whew:)
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• It'll be a religious experience!

Now, get the 1600mm Spit IX on the market!!!
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post

I heartily recommend a generator/inverter. I have a Honda 1000 watt. With my cheap HK power supply and two cheap HK chargers, I can simultaneously charge two 6S 5000 mah packs at 2C. and that's enough for me.The PL 8s are great, there are two guys at our club field who have them. You don't need to spend big bucks for quick charging.

I'll be checking in frequently on Sunday and Monday

Comment

• Riddle #2

What was Bob Marley's favorite day of the week?
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Mon-day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chomp View Post
                                      ANSWER: MONDAY

Thursdays tomorrow = Friday
                                      Day after Thursdays tomorrow = Saturday
                                      Yesterday = Saturday
                                      Today = Sunday
                                      Tomorrow = MONDAY!
                                      [/QUOTE]

But on what side of the International Date Line?

Mike
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Ya Mon, we gonna order our Hogs Mon

Comment

• Ready........Let's do this. You'll be able to hear the credit cards screaming around the world!

Comment

Working...
                                          X