First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bu Bu Bu Button for the Jet

Comment

• Originally posted by Clearblue View Post
      Brad, while we are waiting for The Button! ;) Here's something I worked on a couple years back. The problem wasn't making it work! It was getting to and not add a ton of weight. this was a micro bird. https://youtu.be/VoYksZ0kJeA
      Way cool Clearblue, I have threatened to do something like that for years-even have the pilot's arm wave!!! Just not enough hours in the day. Now, if you could put all that together as your taxiing up with the canopy coming up and the pilot turning his head and saluting:Cool: Just sayin' , Brad

Comment

• Huummmm! :)

Comment

• Greetings from Asia, friends! As we rapidly approach the pre-order start, I pulled one of the A-10s here from last week's production line and snapped these photos. It's really nice to see the final products up close and I'd like to share more but we're trying to save the best for the Pre-Order announcement. There is much more to come very, very soon!

Freewing 80mm A-10... Note, the decal sets included in the box are completely unappllied, per popular request. We installed these decals and ordnance quickly yesterday afternoon for some in-flight photos so we can populate and finalize the product page before the Pre-Order. There are three decal sets included in the box, all waterslides.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170320_093756.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	669.7 KB
ID:	68084

Close up of the BRRRT Machine: Prepaint and very slight weathering done at the factory. The waterslide decals are dimensioned so that they wrap around the nose fairly easily, and being waterslide they are much easier to align than one-chance vinyls.

Name:	IMG_20170320_092317.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	556.7 KB
ID:	68078

Name:	IMG_20170320_093602.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	488.2 KB
ID:	68082

For you modders out there, here are photos of the plastic nose/barrel piece that is installed at the factory. The barrels are hollow, ready for powder...

Name:	IMG_20170320_101651.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	68080Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170320_101633.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	558.0 KB
ID:	68079Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170320_101725.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	68073

And very nicely detailed with the correct hexagonal center bolt:

Name:	IMG_20170320_101517.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	466.5 KB
ID:	68076

Here is a photo of the final production nose strut. Note the scale wheel hub, scale forward rake, and scale single offset axle. The rear wheel door is both spring-hinged and mechanically held closed. The smaller Freewing 64mm A-10 was sometimes prone to this door being blown open during flight. Not so with its bigger brother! The spring-hinge is also intended to be forgiving in case it hits tall grass.

Name:	IMG_20170320_093635.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	392.1 KB
ID:	68075

The final production main wheels are also depicted with a near scale bolt pattern.

Name:	IMG_20170320_093457.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	555.6 KB
ID:	68086

The final production [unapplied] decal set also includes many decals that were not shown on my Test Sample we've all seen photos of by now. There are about 15 additional decals. These decals are included in the box for you to further accurize your aircraft, including the underside which is rarely if ever seen. But you'll know they're there!

Name:	IMG_20170320_093516.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	465.9 KB
ID:	68077Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170320_093525.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	68074

Attached Files
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I smell bacon :Silly:
            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I think I just lied in the Spitfire 1600mm forum, After seeing the above photos I'm gonna have a very hard time not pressing the button on this one if it comes out first!

Comment

• Been checking this thread everyday for news...thankyou! Its gettin close ..just think, by summer time we'll be in hawg heaven
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Uhhhh.... huh... huh.. huh. :Drooling:Dag that looks incredible. Nice to see a final production model. You have all worked so hard on this and the detail shows it. This is gonna be epic.

Comment

• Aww man...I'm excited. .morning woody! (TMI? )
                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• So pumped to hear the 90mm Pre-Order options!

Comment

• Thanks for the updated pictures Alpha! She looks great. Think everyone's palms are sweating again? Safe travels home. 5 4 3 2 ????? Bububu Button! :)​​​​​​​

Comment

• Alpha, what are the decal sets again? Black Snakes, Tigers...?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                            Alpha, what are the decal sets again? Black Snakes, Tigers...?
                            From post number 1.

Three liveries included in the box from popular squadrons (Blacksnakes, Tiger Shark, and Warthog mouth)

Comment

• :Scared::Scared::Scared::Drooling::Drooling::Drool ing::Gift::Gift::Gift:.......wow, justttttttt wowwwwww!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hi Mike,
                                The included decal sheet features markings from Indiana's 163rd Fighter Squadron "Blacksnakes", Louisiana's 47th Fighter Squadron "Termites", and the 23rd Fighter Group "Flying Tigers" stationed in Georgia.
                                Looks like Termites was the third one.

Comment

• Thanks Alpha! We can't wait! We're obviously very thankful for all the hard work you guys are putting into this. Can you share what ordnance will be included or are you waiting for the big reveal?

Comment

• Oh yeah.... :)

Comment

• Way to go Alpha, expectations exceeded!!! I think I may have spotted! Once again hard work and dedication to quality pays off. Thanks in advance! Brad

Comment

• Lovin' it even more! Itchin' to pull the trigger on this one too. You guys have come up with some great ways to talk me out of my money. At least with MRC I know I'll get my money's worth and then some. Just in case you haven't heard it enough.... Thanks!!

Comment

• 80 AND 90mm ARF Plus options please!!! :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X