X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Ever have one jump chalks? Run baby run :Scared::Poo:.

Sorry all for the thread jacking.
    No. Brakes firmly set and checked and feet ready at the pedals. I did comp stall a J-57 on a KC-135A tanker and blew a flame out the inlet past the aircraft nose. To this day I don't know how that engine did not come apart. Guess they built them tough back then. Good times!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
      I love the way everyone kind of comes together on this forum when someone has an issue, misunderstanding,disappointment,etc.unlike some other forums I've seen. That's the way it is at my flying field and that's the way it should be in a forum. Nobody needs to talk down to anybody else or be dismissive . It's a brotherhood and we're here to have fun:Cool:Brad
      I agree, as we all really enjoy this hobby and the great people that are apart of it. One of the very cool aspects of it is the sharing of info. like educational progression of different parts of the hobby, building/assembly tips/tricks, programming, and just sharing fun stories, etc. I've learned quite a bit from asking so many questions along the way since I began in the hobby and had so many folks that were willing to spend time to help educate me. I do the same if it can help anyone in their hobby ventures along the way. Having fun is one of the many reasons (actually my top reason) for being in this hobby, and thankfully it just keeps getting more fun as time goes on. There's always new and interesting things to learn, new advances in technology, and cool people to meet and fly with. Cheers to the RC future and the many incredibly mind boggling aircraft like this A-10 being released. Woohoo! :Cool::Smug::Party:

Comment

• Hobbysqawk is where the good guys go when they've had enough of the rubbish on RCG... ;)

Comment

• I agree the the 12 bladed edf units sound is great for low bypass turbfans like the GE F110 in thd F-16 and F-15. I worked on the CF34-3 and CF34-8C. The CF34-3 is the civilian version of the A-10's TF34. The main difference being the thrust reverser on the civilian model. In the inlet of the CF34 had tiny holes inside the cowl for noise abatement. I am not sure if the A-10 had the same type of noise reduction. I imagine it did because the Canada Air CRJ-200 sounds almost identical to the A-10. Hopefully the lower blade count edf can reproduce this sound.

Comment

• Nicely said T-cat and Shirty. Always good to accentuate the positive and not dwell on the negative. My dad used to say," if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all" Brad

Comment

• Well after reading about all the Italian food, One I'm hungry! And two, I feel even more at home. Grandparents on my Mom's side, from Sicily. :) So, I likea da Pastas! Pass da BBBBBRRRRRead Please!

Comment

• Hahahahahaha, you all are awesome. Love it!

Comment

• Haven't had time to read through the entire blog......when will the A-10 be available for pre-order?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCTRUCKERNUT View Post
                    Haven't had time to read through the entire blog......when will the A-10 be available for pre-order?
                    < 30 Days

Comment

• Plenty of time to do odd jobs, sell unwanted planes and eat Ramen for lunch to raise money says I .

Pete

Comment

• Hey Pete, Crank it up a notch! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/254699/italian-bean-ramen/ LOL

Alpha10, Negative 30? ;)

Comment

• Mmmm might need to whip up some pasta e ***ioli tonight.... it's so good on a cold/rainy night.

Man, now I'm hungry! Where's my Semolina loaf?!

Comment

• Pasta carbonara for me!

Comment

• Some random thoughts...

I watched some of the videos and the 9 bladed fan sounds pretty good, glad I got over that!

Chicken Spiedini could be my all time favorite Italian dish. Yummy yummy!

Now let's get this preorder open! I'm checking \the forums several times a day for the green light so I can be one of the first.

Comment

• Or one of my Fav's, Spaghetti with Pork Bolognese.....

Comment

• Really diggin' this all pasta threadLOL. Sorry for getting this thing off track guys. By the way T-Cat, the lasagna was great. Had more for lunch today :Cool:.

Me thinks somebody needs to get that pre-order button up before the whole thread goes sideways:Silly:.

Comment

• Not going to lie, this thread might be the reason I baked a pizza last night...

Comment

• Hahaha, woohoo!

Comment

• Sideways? Na... Just floating in the wonderful slipstream of Great food! Waiting for a Picture of an Awesome plane to pop up on Someone's Website! Hahahahaha.....:)

Comment

• Hey I just gotta say I'm also half Italian and about 10 years ago my wife and I did a bicycle trip from Venice to Pisa - coast to coast - and we discovered that there is no bad food in Italy. Since we were riding 25 to 50 miles a day, we came up with the phrase "guilt free gorging". It was truly a wonderful experience, the bike ride wasn't bad eitherLOL. Over there spaghetti is called macaroni and pepperoni is called salami picante but I figured they could call it anything they wanted as long as I could eat it!! Una beera y una vino bianchi were the first words out of my mouth when we got off the bikes each day!! Multo bono, Brad

Comment

Working...
                                          X