X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the incredible effort on these new releases. It definitely doesn't go unnoticed.
    +1 on that T-Cat, Brad

Comment

• Hey Clearblue, let me know if you need any input when you get the LX parts.Brad

Comment

• Thanks for the update !
        wow...received my wing bag in only 2 days.
        Thanks for the link guys !

Plane

Comment

• Don't suppose anyone will have one on display at Toledo Weak Signals?

Comment

• Thanks for the update Mark. As many have already said, we all appreciate the effort put forth to give us a "Quality" product. That is what sets MRC apart from the rest.

Comment

• To many posts to look through to find out, does it give the option for 90mm out of box?

Comment

• Originally posted by jetlag View Post
                To many posts to look through to find out, does it give the option for 90mm out of box?
                Yes.........it will be an upgrade expense option.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• no more upgrades just give us the over powered planes we know how to throttle back...............this buy now then add much more items to it later to get the performance they know they can deliver just choose not to is getting old. would you buy a edf only to find out you need another motor system to fly off grass or punch it vertical when you want to play..

Comment

• HEY ALL, if you are thinking about getting the LX A-10 canopy mechanism to try out on our A-10, this is it. I put a rubber band around the shoe and the two pivot rails to hold them so you can see where they belong because there is a tension spring attached between the shoe and each rail. Without the rubber band the two rails would bounce around like the antenae of a martianLOL The bottom of the shoe has a pin sticking out each side that fits into a small slot on the side of each rail. That slot is what allows the canopy to slide into and out of the windscreen overlap during operation. Anyway, the unit comes with a small controller which then plugs into your receiver port of choice. In the video, I had my old one plugged into the retract port of the receiver on my P-38.:p38 Just flipped the retract switch back and forth and walla!!! The video was so you could see it in action but the pics will show you a little more detail. Hey, it's not like we have anything else to do right now, right? Take a look if your interested. I'm thinking at least Tom and Clearblue:Cool:Brad P.S. and no I don't own stock in Banana Hobbies!!!!

Comment

• Thanks Brad, yes the pictures give me a better understanding of the parts layout. And don't discount your artistic ability either! That hand drawing was awesome. The locking bolt is probably an excellent idea. The canopy should lock under the front windshield, but your idea with the pin's, or bolts would be a positive lock. Great work my friend.

Jim.

Comment

• Thanks Jim, that means allot. Even though the LX A-10 canopy tucks under the trailing edge of the windscreen, I think the two can butt up together for a more scale look using the pins/machine screws sliding into a slotted piece of unobtainiumLOLor some other mechanism that can take advantage of the forward/ backward action provided by the slots in the side rails. I know we can collectively make it work dude. Brad P.S. I like the more recent picture:Cool:

Comment

• Hi horsefeetky, I understand where your coming from, but if you have seen the videos posted by Alpha, xplaneguy and others, you would know that the stock A-10 flies plenty fast, well beyond scale speeds including verticle performance. The average working guy doesn't have unlimited funds for model airplanes with every upgrade and that's the whole point."Buy it if you want it". Again, if you watched the videos, you would know this plane was designed specically to fly off grass in the stock configuration so if you want more power and speed, go for it!!!! Just don't rag on Motion R.C. for trying to work with everyone else's interests and financial realm. Otherwise, you run the risk of getting "old" yourself!!!! Sorry, Brad

Comment

• I was going to say pretty much the exact same thing. Watch the vids, she's got plenty as stock. In fact, motion we're trying to get it to slow down a bit. You'd know this if you watched the vids or read, or asked on the thread, rather than jumping to a conclusion. No offense mate.

perhaps if you'd said: "sorry guys I don't have time to read the thread or watch the videos. I see there is a upgrade for the motors, are they necessary? Sometimes it can get frustrating to buy a plane and find out you need to upgrade it simply to fly off grass".

Just sayn... ;)

Comment

• I think the guys who are asking for the 90s have not watched the half a dozen videos by Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                HEY ALL, if you are thinking about getting the LX A-10 canopy mechanism to try out on our A-10, this is it. I put a rubber band around the shoe and the two pivot rails to hold them so you can see where they belong because there is a tension spring attached between the shoe and each rail. Without the rubber band the two rails would bounce around like the antenae of a martianLOL The bottom of the shoe has a pin sticking out each side that fits into a small slot on the side of each rail. That slot is what allows the canopy to slide into and out of the windscreen overlap during operation. Anyway, the unit comes with a small controller which then plugs into your receiver port of choice. In the video, I had my old one plugged into the retract port of the receiver on my P-38.:p38 Just flipped the retract switch back and forth and walla!!! The video was so you could see it in action but the pics will show you a little more detail. Hey, it's not like we have anything else to do right now, right? Take a look if your interested. I'm thinking at least Tom and Clearblue:Cool:Brad P.S. and no I don't own stock in Banana Hobbies!!!!
                                Thanks for the photos Brad! Things become clearer and clearer! Love your antennae analogy- remember "My Favorite Martian"?LOL As I probably (?) won't get at modding the canopy until next winter I'm afraid yours will be long done before I even start. That's good though, you do the prototyping (hard) and I'll do the production version (much easier).
                                Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by jetlag View Post
                                  To many posts to look through to find out, does it give the option for 90mm out of box?
                                  Try looking through the first few pages and/or using the search function next time; it prevents duplicate posts about questions that have been asked and answered several times over.

Originally posted by horsefeetky View Post
                                  no more upgrades just give us the over powered planes we know how to throttle back...............this buy now then add much more items to it later to get the performance they know they can deliver just choose not to is getting old. would you buy a edf only to find out you need another motor system to fly off grass or punch it vertical when you want to play..
                                  Have you watched any of the videos of this plane? If so, you'll see that it's way overpowered with 80mm fans. Tony reported cruising at 40% - 50% throttle and even then it looks too fast. If he puts the coals to it and points the nose straight up, it's got plenty of vertical. And if you've kept up with the thread at all, both here and on RC Groups, you'll know that extensive research is done on these planes to find the best balance between performance and cost. This plane was pretty much designed for us grass ops pilots so I have no worries about how this is going to perform at my field. And finally, twin 90mm fans, motors, and ESCs will most likely put this plane out of financial reach to most modelers, which means MotionRC won't sell that many, which is bad for everyone. That's why the 90mm nacelles and fans are an option.

Comment

• Yep, in my opinion, if the top-end speed with the 80mm motor scales up to M1.3 (or there abouts) for an A-10, that's more than fast enough. I'm glad that this A-10 model is being offered with 80mm standard, and the really, really high-speed motors can purchased separately.
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

• Very much looking forward to getting the pre-order in within the week. Flying from a grass field can be very limiting as far as EDF options are concerned. The way that Motion RC and Freewing has designed both this A-10 and the new 80mm Avanti S was done with grass field flyers in mind. Both jets have been powered very well and both come stock with robust gear designs and larger wheels. No hesitaion in getting them both and I don't feel a need or desire to "upgrade" either of them.

Comment

• You nailed it Tom, "My Favorite Martian" was exactly what I was thinking. I guess we're old enough to have watched that show while most of the other guys were just a gleam in daddy's eye.:Smug: Thanks also to Jim for the support. As to who gets this mod done first, I just don't know. Right now I've been trying to get everyone who might be interested in this mod up to speed on what I/we have come up with so far and have some basic language for the different parts for ease of discussion. Also, it helps me keep from obsessing over that "way cool" A-10 and that damned preorder button!!!:Clock: Brad BTW the grass on my runway is starting to show signs of growth-won't be too long now!!!

Comment

• Brad, while we are waiting for The Button! ;) Here's something I worked on a couple years back. The problem wasn't making it work! It was getting to and not add a ton of weight. this was a micro bird. https://youtu.be/VoYksZ0kJeA

Comment

Working...
                                          X