Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank's Brad!!! Yes sir, I'm going to try it. I was looking last night on Motion and several other sites trying to find that screw drive. I found one that was close from banana. Off their P 40 tail wheel retrack. But now I have the actual part? Going shopping! :) Greatly Appreciate the help sir.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
      Post that preorder, I've got funds put aside for this and the Spit and it's burning a hole in my PayPal.
      +1 on that. I am ready for the button as well.

Comment

• Been ready for a couple of months now. I sold my F-15 turbine to make room for it and still have enough of that sale in my PP account to cover this one plus. Heading over to Florida Jets tomorrow and hoping to run into Mr RC Sound while there. I'd like to find out if he's got the Brrrrt sound available yet.

RCJD, did you ever get that powder cannon perfected? :a10
        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
          Been ready for a couple of months now. I sold my F-15 turbine to make room for it and still have enough of that sale in my PP account to cover this one plus. Heading over to Florida Jets tomorrow and hoping to run into Mr RC Sound while there. I'd like to find out if he's got the Brrrrt sound available yet.

RCJD, did you ever get that powder cannon perfected? :a10
          I have a functional (ready to install in a plane) unit that has performed well in bench testing. Just need a plane to put it in. I am going to be driving it through a Shockwave2 sound module, at this time, synchronized to fire the canon for about a second and then play the sound file, all with the toggle of a switch. I also purchased the software to manipulate and control the timing and tweak the sound file if I desire so the only piece missing is the A-10. I will probably be setting it up soon to get it to all to work together in anticipation of the A-10 arriving.

Comment

• OK, I almost always fly at our AMA club field & know that its an absolute NoNo to launch any scale missiles from the plane........but I think I know how to eject some pseudo counter measures "flares" from the rear of the ECM pod(s). Any regs to the contrary??
            and I do think I B dropping couple Adam Bombs from the rails if I can source them without having to rob them from my F4U-1a :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Narly View Post
              OK, I almost always fly at our AMA club field & know that its an absolute NoNo to launch any scale missiles from the plane........but I think I know how to eject some pseudo counter measures "flares" from the rear of the ECM pod(s). Any regs to the contrary??
              and I do think I B dropping couple Adam Bombs from the rails if I can source them without having to rob them from my F4U-1a :-)
              Here's a couple ADAM sources, :)

http://www.gravesrc.com/dymond-model...adam-bomb.html
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Not very scale looking for A-10 loadout but they make a pretty nice KaBoom cloud when loaded with line chalk and dropped from my Corsair; or could scavenge the release pins / devise & install on J Dams; be pretty easy. Just have to remember to Keep Eyes on the Plane !

Comment

• Hey xplaneguy, I'll take my A-10 ala carte with a side of upgrades and some aftermarket topping and maybe a birra or two.LOLBrad manga-manga

Comment

Not very scale looking for A-10 loadout but they make a pretty nice KaBoom cloud when loaded with line chalk and dropped from my Corsair; or could scavenge the release pins / devise & install on J Dams; be pretty easy. Just have to remember to Keep Eyes on the Plane !
                    HAAAAA.....LOL I damn near fence posted my Stuka(typical bomb dive) last fall from not flying it and watching the bomb drop :Scared:
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• As much as I wanted this pre-order as soon as possible, like last month or last year LOL, it's good that it's still around the corner since it gave me a little time to save after purchasing the Avanti.

I'm excited to order it and have one of my own. This jet will no doubt go down as one of the most impressive models in Freewings EDF line-up.

Comment

• Hog fest. This was in a lot at work.
                        Another guy flies also so maybe he is
                        Waiting for that preorder button also ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                          Thanks all for the feedback on the operable canopy. Tom, I like the idea of laminating 1/64" plywood. In either case, I'm thinking of tracing the outline of the leading edge of the new canopy for the shape, after making a careful cut to separate trailing edge of windscreen from leading edge of canopy, on to paper and then cutting out that pattern with the small band saw from aircraft ply that's say 1/2" thick. Then use that as a form for the aluminum,1/64" ply, or unobtainiumLOL.Then that shape could be glued to the underside of the leading edge of the canopy. The biggest problem I see with the LX setup was that the side rail slots that the shoe pins slid in were just glued to the foam. If you notice in the first video looking down on the shoe, I had to glue a balsa shim between the right rail and the foam to tighten it up. So I'm thinking that those rails should be mounted on a ply tray so that it doesn't get sloppy with cycles. Tom, I also like your idea of attaching the canopy with screws rather than glue for adjustment purposes. I would love for this to be a group effort. The current setup has about 50 cycles so far. Just thinking out loud:Thinking:Brad
                          You guys are so lucky in the 'States Brad ! - we can't get unobtainium in Canada :Angry: Anyway, if you go the laminated plywood route it can be layed up in the canopy with no pattern needed (just put a piece of tape from rail to rail to maintain that width while the glue cures). Then cut through the canopy and it's new frame with a sharp razor saw. A piece of thin aluminum (i.e. dryer vent material) could then be bonded to the rear frame to provide the lip you described earlier.
                          Tom

Comment

• Love that idea Tom. I'm thinking maybe, after cutting through the canopy and it's new frame, of adding one or two more laminations under the leading edge of the canopy side prior to adding the thin aluminum.This would bring the aluminum down a bit so that the "underlap" slides easily under the trailing edge of the windscreen. I'm also thinking about letting that aluminum strip run past the bottom of the canopy maybe an 1/8' to form a receiver of sorts for a pin on each side of the inner surface of the windscreen for extra holding power while the plane is in flight. Or a tiny through bolt drilled through canopy, laminations, and the aluminum near the bottom of the canopy with a nut to the inside with the bolt/machine screw being say 1/8" longer than needed to form a pin that would slide into a receiver inside the trailing edge of the windscreen as the canopy closes. The second idea might be less obtrusive. Just some thoughts on making the closed unit sturdy and durable. Alpha's biggest concern was loseing the collective holding power of a glue connection around the whole canopy. So this pin /receiver idea might help in that regard. The dryer vent material sounds like the perfect replacement for unobtainium.:Ligthbulb: Not sure we can get it either with the new travel ban lol.Brad P.S. what type of glue would you use to bond the ply to the canopy?

Comment

OK, I almost always fly at our AMA club field & know that its an absolute NoNo to launch any scale missiles from the plane........but I think I know how to eject some pseudo counter measures "flares" from the rear of the ECM pod(s). Any regs to the contrary??
                              Something like this? :)
                              My homemade flare system.

Comment

Here's a quote from the AMA website:

"Not operate model aircraft carrying pyrotechnic devices that explode or burn, or any device which propels a projectile or drops any object that creates a
                                hazard to persons or property."

You be the judge.

Bill

Comment

• Well Poooh...I guess I will just drop Pooh:Scared:

Comment

• You can still drop things within that rule though. As long as you aren't dropping anything that is propelled or on fire. So as long as your "flares" aren't actually burning, it should be fine.

Comment

• Sisaksen; Yeah! thats what I talkin about; just a little Pssst !! for ECM.

Comment

Sisaksen; Yeah! thats what I talkin about; just a little Pssst !! for ECM.
                                        That stunt almost cost me the membership in the club. This type of flares are now illegal in Norway also,but a permit can be aquired. The plan is a pyrotechnic show at airshows here in Norway and i have a pyrotechnician with me on this project. Maybe the FW A-10 will be seen at an airshow with flares sometime in the future :)

A show like this is what we have in mind. Look at 50 sec into the video. The pyrotechnician i'm teaming up with is the same who made this show.
                                        Brrrrrrrrrttt....

Comment

• Boy this thread suddenly got quiet... quiet.. quiet. :Yawn2:

Comment

Working...
                                          X