X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

A flying friend of mine (a very skilled modeller and pilot) has incorporated decelerons on his LX A-10. Here's a link to his build:
    http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/show...=315890&page=2
    Tom
    Hey Tom, that is mind boggelingly cool!! My toque is off to four stripes. I read through the whole thread so I could get a handle on how he did it. Unlike what I was suggesting, which was a good solution but far too complex for this size plane, he used an aileron/ flap mix so when say the right lower aileron would drop, the right upper would remain neutral and he had the active servo y-harnessed to the left upper servo for left banks with the lower one remaining neutral and reversed that for right banks. Pure genius,:Nerd: given the size limitations. So you have a top and bottom aileron on each side working independantly while still allowing all four "ailerons" to work as decellerons when needed. He didn't say, but given his channel limitations, he probably only deploys them with the rest of the flaps as oppossed to independant decellerons but it could be done. I think you could even dial in some differential depending on your radio. As Alpha said, just to complex to operate the whole decelleron mechanism as an aileron like the real Hawg. Alpha and Aros, I invite your input.. Anyway, it's too bad he didn't go for an improved operable canopy.:Cool: BTW I did get the canopy parts and have figured out how it works but that is as far as I've gotten. Thanks,Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      We'll be opening the pre-order this month, for now we're letting the Avanti have her week or two in the sun. ;) These aircraft are in full production. I suppose we could have announced this aircraft's existence three weeks before its arrival, like we did with the Tigercat, but with a larger and much more complex EDF like the A-10, we announced ~100 days mos before pre-order start to give customers adequate time to take a look at the prototype and give feedback while there was still time to implement before final production began. Things like the more scale nose strut, for example. The larger and more expensive an aircraft, the more rigorous the testing, as well, and given the rough runway capabilities of the model, and the high forces exerted on that 1700mm wing banking and cranking at near 100mph, we took our time making sure everything is right. It will be time well spent. As has been mentioned elsewhere, I will traveling back to Asia next week to oversee the final touches on production and when we're satisfied, we'll open the pre-order. Perhaps one more pay period, so save, save, save!
      We all appreciate the time and effort that you and MRC has put into this plane. It will be worth the wait to see her come out !

Comment

• I'll likely have to store this jet without the wings attached, so I'm purchasing wing bags/sleeves. When time allows, can we get measurements for:

1. Wing length @ longest point to point section)
        2. Wing width @ widest part (tip of gear pod to trailing edge of wing)
        3. Wing width @ smallest part (the wing tips)

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Hey Tom, that is mind boggelingly cool!! My toque is off to four stripes. I read through the whole thread so I could get a handle on how he did it. Unlike what I was suggesting, which was a good solution but far too complex for this size plane, he used an aileron/ flap mix so when say the right lower aileron would drop, the right upper would remain neutral and he had the active servo y-harnessed to the left upper servo for left banks with the lower one remaining neutral and reversed that for right banks. Pure genius,:Nerd: given the size limitations. So you have a top and bottom aileron on each side working independantly while still allowing all four "ailerons" to work as decellerons when needed. He didn't say, but given his channel limitations, he probably only deploys them with the rest of the flaps as oppossed to independant decellerons but it could be done. I think you could even dial in some differential depending on your radio. As Alpha said, just to complex to operate the whole decelleron mechanism as an aileron like the real Hawg. Alpha and Aros, I invite your input.. Anyway, it's too bad he didn't go for an improved operable canopy.:Cool: BTW I did get the canopy parts and have figured out how it works but that is as far as I've gotten. Thanks,Brad
          Hi Brad- pretty cool huh? - he's a smart guy and thinks up innovative stuff like this for all his builds. Canopy may not open, but his elderly dad does the most detailed cockpits you've ever seen!
          Does the canopy mechanism look perhaps usable with some tweaking?
          Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
            I'll likely have to store this jet without the wings attached, so I'm purchasing wing bags/sleeves. When time allows, can we get measurements for:

1. Wing length @ longest point to point section)
            2. Wing width @ widest part (tip of gear pod to trailing edge of wing)
            3. Wing width @ smallest part (the wing tips)
            +1 on that one. I plan on wing bags too.
            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Hi Brad- pretty cool huh? - he's a smart guy and thinks up innovative stuff like this for all his builds. Canopy may not open, but his elderly dad does the most detailed cockpits you've ever seen!
              Does the canopy mechanism look perhaps usable with some tweaking?
              Tom
              Hey Tom, Very cool stuff including the incredible detailing. And yes the canopy mechanism I got looks workable. I had to reconstruct the old one so that I could understand how the new one works. It's a screw jack type mechanism vs. a servo which pushes a swinging strut hinged at the underside of the canopysupport shoe. The low end of the canopy shoe is the hinge point which also has about a 6-7mm slot to allow the leading edge of the canopy to slide under the trailing edge of the windscreen. As the canopy mechanism is actuated, it first slides the canopy backwards and then up to open. I think, instead ,I will add an aluminum frame to the leading edge of the canopy to reinforce it. Then, by letting the frame lap forward say 4-5mm, the lap can slide under the windscreen edge leaving the windscreen and the canopy butted and flush like the real deal. I won't be doing that of course until I get some flight time in. After the pre order rush is over, I will probably order a second complete canopy/cockpit assembly so I can experiment with the mechanism without taking the Hawg out of service. Speaking of Hawgs, here's one on downwind coming in over my flying field !LOL I WISH! Brad

Comment

• Well this is a FIRST...I've got my NEW batteries, New Decal Set, and paint, all ready for this HAWG, But NO HAWG....Here Piggy-Piggy, Here Piggy. Where's that confounded PIG ?

Comment

• +1 on that, I'm even working on upgrades for this Hawg!!! The hangar has been cleared and tools at the ready just waiting for a flying pig sooeee!!! Brad

Comment

• Good day flying today with Xplaneguy and Evelyn, and friends, and T-Cat flew the Avanti, too.

The last thing you'd see....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08564.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	65110

Clean and mean

Name:	DSC08575.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	65103

Full flap power off stealth pass

Name:	DSC08566.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	65102

Twinkle eyes

Name:	DSC08570.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	65111

Put your seat into the upright locked position!

Name:	DSC08578.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	65104
                    Attached Files
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Both are ~1/10 scale:

Name:	DSC08702.JPG
Views:	396
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	65113

Name:	DSC08706.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	65115

Both are twin 80mm:

Name:	DSC08439.JPG
Views:	394
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	65114
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Great flying with you all today. I had an absolute blast as usual.

Honestly, the A-10 and Avanti were the stars of the show today, and for good reason. The A-10 blew my mind with its impressive size, excellent lines, attention to detail, unbelievable PNP performance, the total cool factor, and the most impressive part for me......the gigantic wheels and beefy trailing link struts. They are absolute beasts, and even more impressive in person than they already are in pictures. All you grass and dirt strip folks are really going to appreciate this jet. Talk about an all out bang for buck versatile large twin, this A-10 delivers BIG, and delivers it with style and practicality at that. I am really looking forward to owning this jet, and the pre-order will be placed even if the darn thing opens up at 3am. LOL

Brrrrrrrtttttttt!!!

Comment

• It was a pleasure enjoying the great air, fun flying and fellowship with you all. The foam was dominating today! LOL

Comment

• The Avanti is going to be so much fun, I can't wait to experience her first hand, but this A-10??? Bananas. Simply Bananas. CAN'T. WAIT.
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Is the spec sheet on this bird out yet ? Is this 1800mm wing span ? trying to decide if I have room for this size plane. Thanks

Comment

• 1700 mm

Comment

• Thanks for all the photos Tony and Alpha. It looks epic. Have a safe trip back to Asia and I hope all goes well with final production. Will be keeping a more watchful eye on MRC'S website. Anxiously awaiting pre-order.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                    Great flying with you all today. I had an absolute blast as usual.

Honestly, the A-10 and Avanti were the stars of the show today, and for good reason. The A-10 blew my mind with its impressive size, excellent lines, attention to detail, unbelievable PNP performance, the total cool factor, and the most impressive part for me......the gigantic wheels and beefy trailing link struts. They are absolute beasts, and even more impressive in person than they already are in pictures. All you grass and dirt strip folks are really going to appreciate this jet. Talk about an all out bang for buck versatile large twin, this A-10 delivers BIG, and delivers it with style and practicality at that. I am really looking forward to owning this jet, and the pre-order will be placed even if the darn thing opens up at 3am. LOL

Brrrrrrrtttttttt!!!
                                    Oh trust me, I'm setting my alarm and will be up no matter what time it is to preorder this plane. The more reports I see, the more excited I get. Our club is going to have at least four of them, perhaps even more.

Comment

• LOL! Honestly, I was already sold on this, but seeing it in person officially seals the deal.

Comment

• 7 channel receiver enough for this bird?

Comment

• Originally posted by petefoss View Post
                                          7 channel receiver enough for this bird?
                                          Yes sir!

Comment

Working...
                                          X