• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Legman01, please keep 'em coming! :Cool:
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey Legman, great bedtime story but can you read me another? I'm not even close to being sleepy yet..peleeeeaaaassseee huh? Just one more peleeeaaassseee. Thanks, Brad

Comment

• Finally! A large, scale A-10. I have been waiting for years for something decent to come out.

Gonna pull the trigger on this one. Just need a "pre-order" button to seal the deal.

Best,

JC

Comment

• Legman01. Great story keep them coming. I have to say though that may be the worst bed time story ever. Now all I want to do is stay up and go watch YouTube videos of A-10's doing strafing runs. I would sell most of my family to even ride in an A-10 let alone do a strafing run. I kind of wish they made the A-10B 2 seater just so I could go for a ride.

Comment

• That's funny, Medfire4905, although I know how you feel!

Thanks for the story, LegMan01, and thank you for the photos, Mike and Xplaneguy!

Twowingtj, Grossman, Mike, you're all coorect, we've tried to give everyone as much lead time as possible and as much information as possible these two months for everyone out there to judge (and save) and confidently make the call if this bird is something they want in their hangar or not. I'm hopeful for a positive reception. :
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Here's an A-10 fun flight recorded by videographer Evelyn yesterday. She makes me look like I know what I'm doing, but keep that between us. ;)

Comment

• Plus 1. Great story. Lucky bugger. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                  Here's an A-10 fun flight recorded by videographer Evelyn yesterday. She makes me look like I know what I'm doing, but keep that between us. ;)
                  Was that the whole flight 3.5 min or edited down? Two major reasons I'm picking FW over FMS is flight time and grass capability.

Comment

• How close might we be to pre-order? Are we looking this month? Next month? A couple weeks? Less than that? On the 18th it was mentioned it is still a couple weeks out pending decals and pilot figures so just curious.

Comment

• I was thinking with AMA EAST coming up (it was last weekend) that an announcement would be made during it or today. For some reason I figured they were going to use the event as an announcement venue.

Comment

• I'm itching bad for this bird. How does the grey scheme do with low clouds? I've been scratching the itch barely with the umx a10 and it disappears if there are low clouds.

Comment

• Originally posted by petefoss View Post

Was that the whole flight 3.5 min or edited down? Two major reasons I'm picking FW over FMS is flight time and grass capability.
                          That didn't look like it was edited except for the taxi to and from the runway. However, we don't know what batteries he was using or how much energy was used for taxi or whether he just wanted to fly that long, not do we know how much was left in the battery at the end. We know from the prototype test flight that the plane stayed in the air (with one touch and go) for 6min, 20sec and again, we don't know how long it taxied or if that's as long as he wanted to fly or how much was left in the batteries. If you count the video time on the taxi after landing, that was 7min of total video'd run time (then add in what time he taxied before the take off that wasn't shown and you've got quite a bit of run time.
                          I typically find 3.5 min. on an EDF to be plenty because I usually fly at pretty high throttle the whole flight. For me, 4 to 5 minutes of butt clenching is too long.
                          Flight testing the Freewing Twin 80mm A-10 (Prototype) with two Admiral 6S 5000 batteries. Evaluating hard steering on takeoff, aborted landing on rough surf...

Comment

• This was posted by Tony over on RCG.Might help a little.

Flight times operating just above sea level to 2,400 feet range from approximately 4 minutes with ordnance and heavy throttle to 5+ minutes with clean wing or pylons and scale flying. I've been flying it in ambient temps of 55-80 degrees.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                              Here's an A-10 fun flight recorded by videographer Evelyn yesterday. She makes me look like I know what I'm doing, but keep that between us. ;)
                              Great video and anyone that can do an inverted pass a few feet off the deck with a plane like this is a better pilot than they let on... ;)My favorite part of the video is around the 1:35-ish mark where there is the sound of a fast, pointy nose jet blasting overhead, followed by what sounds to be a four stroke rumble and then the EDF pass. Quite the mix of sound and technology. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by gravity tester View Post

Great video and anyone that can do an inverted pass a few feet off the deck with a plane like this is a better pilot than they let on... ;)
                                Agreed! :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Will there be a limit on planes per customer during the preorder?

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post
                                    Will there be a limit on planes per customer during the preorder?
                                    I doubt it. They'll sell you as many planes as they have available.

Comment

• While I sometimes wish that were true, we actually will be placing a limit on per customer pre-orders for the A-10. We have some customers who are club buyers, so that's different, but for general single customers we'll probably cap it at two per customer. A-10s come in pairs, so capping it at one seemed limiting ;) Official announcement coming soon, with all details about the Pre-Order terms, timing, final production specs, etc. We're so close I can taste it! I'll be traveling there in about two weeks to personally supervise the latter production stages.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• This may not be received well by the folks wanting more than one plane but...

It seems to me that it would be reasonable to limit pe-orders to one plane per person initially so that as many plane as possible get into as many hands as possible. Better for Freewing and Motion RC that planes are catered far and wide rather than sitting around as spares. It's even better for we, the customers, as more of us will get to enjoy the plane sooner. If the pre-orders of one-per are fulfilled and there are more planes left, then it is easier to remove the restriction.

Best,

JC

Comment

• And I will be doing my part by refraining from pre-ordering AS MUCH AS IT HURTS TO DO SO so our customers get the first batch. :Cool:;):P
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X