X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
    Welcome to Hobby Squawk dusmmdb. 57 pages seem like a lot, but there is a lot of good info here. If you are short on time, scan thru and check out the photos as the bird evolves and the flight videos. You don't often get a chance to see an inside peek at the final refinement and testing of a bird like this.
    great point............. I was out of the hobby for about 5 years.... I come back and see the current EDFs and think...... wow..... 13 or so years ago I got my first EDF..... a GWS A-10. so I'm a little fired up for this one

Comment

• Hey, welcome to the Squawk dusmmdb great to have you back in the hobby. Things are changing rapidly in the field as you can see!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        I updated the first post with the basics that have so far been confirmed. Thanks everyone!
        Thank you Sir for the info. Is there any detail for the the motors KV.

Comment

• Hey Alpha and the rest of the MRC boys and girls, I don't mean to be gushy or anything but I just have to say that I appreciate the way you are handling these new planes, and your company for that matter. I have never experienced a company like this that not just allows, but encourages a level of proactivity from the buying public, us, and answers our questions, regarding new planes, with a level of respect. And takes our suggestions, concerns, and complaints into account no matter how dumb or repetitive the questions might be, including myself in that.:Loser:I've been thinking about this for awhile and just thought I should say something. Please endeavor to persevere!!! Brad

Comment

• Sam - AWESOME photos!!!

Brad - Many thanks for your kind words.....much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by FastBob View Post

Thank you Sir for the info. Is there any detail for the the motors KV.
              I thought I saw it mentioned and that they were 1900 kV motors but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Don't know if this has already been addressed, but will the A-10 come with decals already applied ?

Nvr mind. Just went to the 1st page and found my answer there.

Tony.......don't make me do it. ;) ;)

Woody

Comment

• For safer storage and transportation, I plan to use wing bags/sleeves for this A-10. Seeing measurement info. provided by Xplaneguy and Alpha (thanks guys), I have been able to order the bags I've been eyeing for a while. I figured I'd pass along the info. on the measurements and the link to the wing bags I ordered. Now, keep in mind I don't own an A-10 yet, and have ordered the bags below purely by reference to the measurements only.

The wing bags are unbelievably inexpensive for what you receive, and appear to have the necessary room. However, I'm making some assumptions here as we have most of the info. we need to know. The length and width should be good, since those are provided by HobbyKing for the bag and can be compared to the wings measurement below. Two factors we don't know are height/thickness of the wing (but I'd imagine it's under 70cm that the wing bag allows), and the wing tip portion width of the bag (but we know the actual measurement of the planes width at the wing tip is 209.5mm). Two reviews on HobbyKing said the bags wing tip portion is about 250mm, but we don't actually know if that's true and trustworthy, but if it is then that means the A-10 wing would also fit inside that area as well. Also, each bag supposedly has a separator in the middle to hold two wings per bag, but with the A-10 wings beings thick at the main gear pod, I ordered two bags to fit one wing in each bag.

Once I get the plane and wing bags delivered, I'll provide an update on fitment, or maybe I'll get a chance to test fit the wings in the bags when I see Alpha and Xplaneguy. Testing it in person will provide better assurance that they can be ordered with confidence and actually fit properly. For the price of the bags, it was more than worth it for me to take a chance. They do have other sizes (just some ether sold out at US warehouse or only available at overseas warehouses that do not deliver to the US), but some that are still in stock are much too large, so hopefully these fit.

Wing Measurements:

Wing length- 29.25 inches (743mm)
                  Wing Width at widest section (gear pod to trailing edge of wing)- 15.5 inches (393.7mm)
                  Wing Width at the smallest section (wing tip)- 8.25 inches (209.5mm)

HobbyKing 76cm (760mm L x 450mm W x 70mm H) Wing Bags:
                  https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...-45-x-7cm.html

Comment

• Ps to what tcat said, I own a lot of large models and wingbags are well worth the investment. I've got a few different types, (most large 3D planes come with a set), but the hobbyking ones are probably best value for money, and really well made. There's extra pockets, (handy for sfg's, keys etc), including a seperate pocket for the spar, it's all padded and they've stood up well in my experience. If you'll be removing wings off a model to transport it, wingbags are a must imho and a great way to protect your investment. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                      Wing Measurements:

Wing length- 29.25 inches (743mm)
                      Wing Width at widest section (gear pod to trailing edge of wing)- 15.5 inches (393.7mm)
                      Wing Width at the smallest section (wing tip)- 8.25 inches (209.5mm)

HobbyKing 76cm (760mm L x 450mm W x 70mm H) Wing Bags:
                      https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...-45-x-7cm.html
                      Thanks for the heads up T-CAT. I just went and ordered a set myself to make sure I grabbed some before they have a chance to run out in the US warehouse. Can't beat the price.(and hope hey will fit). Now we need Motion to make some iron on patches to cover up the Hobby King logo. ;)
                      We got it bad don't we? Ordering in all these extra accessories for a model that's not yet available for pre-order.
                      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                        Hey Alpha and the rest of the MRC boys and girls, I don't mean to be gushy or anything but I just have to say that I appreciate the way you are handling these new planes, and your company for that matter. I have never experienced a company like this that not just allows, but encourages a level of proactivity from the buying public, us, and answers our questions, regarding new planes, with a level of respect. And takes our suggestions, concerns, and complaints into account no matter how dumb or repetitive the questions might be, including myself in that.:Loser:I've been thinking about this for awhile and just thought I should say something. Please endeavor to persevere!!! Brad
                        I have to agree with this myself as well....They've done good ;)
                        Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                          Ps to what tcat said, I own a lot of large models and wingbags are well worth the investment. I've got a few different types, (most large 3D planes come with a set), but the hobbyking ones are probably best value for money, and really well made. There's extra pockets, (handy for sfg's, keys etc), including a seperate pocket for the spar, it's all padded and they've stood up well in my experience. If you'll be removing wings off a model to transport it, wingbags are a must imho and a great way to protect your investment. :)
                          Great input on the bags Shirty!

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

Thanks for the heads up T-CAT. I just went and ordered a set myself to make sure I grabbed some before they have a chance to run out in the US warehouse. Can't beat the price.(and hope hey will fit). Now we need Motion to make some iron on patches to cover up the Hobby King logo. ;)
                            We got it bad don't we? Ordering in all these extra accessories for a model that's not yet available for pre-order.
                            It's definitely hard to beat the price :) for that type of quality and features in a bag. Stock usually runs out quick in the US warehouses and I don't know if they will be stocking them (or even making more) at the US warehouse, so it was worth taking a chance on ordering them. When I see Xplaneguy or Alpha at the field, I'll ask if I can do a quick fitment to confirm.

It would definitely be nice to have something other than that Hobbyking logo, ha-ha. We definitely have it bad, LOL. It's funny how there are many of us ordering pilot figures, wing bags, batteries, paint, power systems, decals, sound systems, etc., in preparation for this jets arrival and the custom work folks will be doing :D. That's when you know we are all extra excited for this A-10.

Comment

• New business idea, wing bags with Motion's logo on them!

Comment

• I may even purchase an A-10 specific patch to cover the HobbyKing logo....maybe a squadron specific one, although the color combo doesn't mesh well. LOL

Comment

• I have been reading this thread from the beginning and I too and excited to get the FW A-10. I was originally going with the FMS but after seeing the awesomeness of the FW on this forum I changed my mind and I can not wait for the Pre-Order button to pop up. I have done business with Motion R/C before and I have been very pleased with them.

Wing bags sound good but I would like a bag that could hold the wing with all the armament still attached to the wing.....one less thing to do when you get ready to fly and/or pack up.

I will be interested in seeing what T-Cat says when he gets to test them. Hopefully he will test with and with out the armament. IF it does not fit, then I may make some out of home improvement padded foil insulation.

Comment

• I wasn't a fan of the non-scale gears, but the more I see all these in-flight photos make me still want this plane. Alpha makes a great point that once in the air, you cant even tell.

Cant wait to see a few of these in person at Jet Jam this year, and then hopefully get one for myself late July.

Comment

• Thanx for the heads up on those wing bags,T-Cat. Ordered a set for myself. I know how quick a good thing disappears from the HK line-up. I also stocked up on "Reflectix" insulation, that I've already used on a few wing-bags, and stabilizer covers. I can see a "HAWG-FEST" coming in June......

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                        New business idea, wing bags with Motion's logo on them!
                                        Nice! I like that!

My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey guys, I can attest to the size of the HobbyKing wing bag. I bought this specifically to hold the wings of my Carbon Z Cub, and there is "PLENTY" of room in there. The wing span of the Z Cub is 85", which is larger than the A-10. Even with that size, the bag still has plenty of room for other stuff.

And as was mentioned before, the quality, color, toughness, and all the pockets make this thing an incredible value. I accidentally ordered too many bags, not realizing that the bag holds 2 wings, separated...all in one bag.

You'll all flip over the value you get with this bag.

And I second/third the motion on MRC either stocking an MRC large patch, or stocking the wing bags with the logo on it. I'll be first in line for either one.

Comment

Working...
                                          X