Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one here but us crickets !!!

Comment

• Chirp.... chirp, chirp.. Man do we ever need a pre-order button. I just got a Stinger 90 to occupy me until then.

Comment

• In the mean time, some more photos..

Comment

• I've been thinking about how to make a set of decellerons for this plane. I'd want to preserve the existing ailerons and make a new set that split aft of the main hinge like the real one does. The only question is what's the best way to actuate the opening motion of them. Ideally I could 3D print something.

Comment

• I'm happy to wait so they can get it right.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jpinn View Post
              I've been thinking about how to make a set of decellerons for this plane. I'd want to preserve the existing ailerons and make a new set that split aft of the main hinge like the real one does. The only question is what's the best way to actuate the opening motion of them. Ideally I could 3D print something.
              I was wondering about those decellerons myself and whether the plane came stock with them, probably not. You might be able to do something like adding a spoileron feature with double or split ailerons or tie the upper set to the flaps.I think it's known as the "crow" feature for extreme 3 D planes like a dive brake. I was also wondering about that little leading edge slat between the wing root and the main gear nacelle too. You don't see it deployed very often but it's there. On the LX A-10, it was just a piece of plastic that you glued on and hoped that it didn't blow off and go right into the fan!!!! Brad

Comment

• The Freewing does not have slats or decelerons for this model as has been said before. The deceleron is more than a split aileron. There's a second hinge aft of the aileron hinge. That way the mechanism always moves as an aileron even when the deceleron is opened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  Now, now...We can't release all our new models on the same day...We have marriages to consider! LOL
                  I'm divorced. Pre orders for unmarrieds?

Comment

• Ha! I see what you did there. ;)
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I gotta wonder right now just how jumpy this crowd really is.... discussion about the A-10 has been non-existent over on RCG today. Nothing but silence....

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

I'm divorced. Pre orders for unmarrieds?
                        Or preorders for wives that don't care as long as all the bills are paid. :)

I'm a lucky guy!

Comment

• My first post on this forum had to be about the Freewing A-10 :) . Will the ordnance kit be available together with the pre-order of the A-10?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                            I gotta wonder right now just how jumpy this crowd really is.... discussion about the A-10 has been non-existent over on RCG today. Nothing but silence....
                            A few over there are receiving the FMS A-10 I guess everyone's following that saga. As I posted before I'm content on waiting and sure it will be worth the wait.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Im new to this forum...... instead of reading 57 pages...... think ill just ask what kind of time frame are we looking at for release???? I have a Roban to build, but I think I would order this now if I could

Comment

• Could be any day now and welcome to the Sqwawk.

Comment

• My guess is that they are waiting on the final production version to show up for photos including the new nose gear.

Comment

• Alpha said he is supposed to be back over there soon to oversee final production so they are close.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                      My guess is that they are waiting on the final production version to show up for photos including the new nose gear.
                                      Plus I'm sure they don't want to over shadow the Avanti Pre-Order TOO badly (Even though that's impossible haha!)

Comment

• Ohhhh the wait for that pre-order button push is excruciating. Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_nw997iZKbJ1tbcweeo1_400.gif
Views:	416
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	64868

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk dusmmdb. 57 pages seem like a lot, but there is a lot of good info here. If you are short on time, scan thru and check out the photos as the bird evolves and the flight videos. You don't often get a chance to see an inside peek at the final refinement and testing of a bird like this.

Comment

Working...
                                          X