X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Had to laugh. 99.99% is one in ten thousand. Are they making that many ? LOL
    Wow, it's so sad when cousins marryLOLI was talking about customers not airplanes-and yes,I think there are that many:Cool:

Comment

• I read in the pre-order fine print that an accepted payment gives me a full-out dumb question license and I am fixin' to use it. :)Couple o' questions for the guys at Motion or someone with inside info:
      1. The site recommends a 50C battery. Is that rate of discharge really required here? Not whining, just don't want to under spec the battery. I have some 30C's in the shop but don't want to use them if I risk turning this beauty into a flaming ball of EPO.
      2. A two-parter referring back to Sam's question about gear door sequencing: Is the sequencer a separate unit or built into some main mother board with other electronics? Is the gear door servo operated? Note that a positive "yes" answer to Sam's re-programing question most likely negates and cancels mine. Was just thinking ahead.

Thank you!

Comment

Yes sir. You mean like this one? http://jethangar.com/Aircraft/Corsair%20II/A7.html

I too would love an A7 Corsair, F8 Crusader with variable incidence wing and of course a F4J Phantom II Sign me up for all three !
        Hey Dahawk I fly the Freewing ME 262 on our grass field all day with no problems and we all know those twin engine are inches from the ground. No I've haven't had no problem with FOD. So like I said I believe Alpha and Mark with their intelligence and know how, they can make the A-7 Corsair or F-8 Crusader work well. Also I believe the A-7 and F-8 air intake is higher from the ground then the ME 262. MRC has the BEST hands DOWN.... EDF Jets !!!! I use to be a FMS jet guy. That was before MRC came along !!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post

Hey Dahawk I fly the Freewing ME 262 on our grass field all day with no problems and we all know those twin engine are inches from the ground. No I've haven't had no problem with FOD. So like I said I believe Alpha and Mark with their intelligence and know how, they can make the A-7 Corsair or F-8 Crusader work well. Also I believe the A-7 and F-8 air intake is higher from the ground then the ME 262. MRC has the BEST hands DOWN.... EDF Jets !!!! I use to be a FMS jet guy. That was before MRC came along !!
            Thanks Sarge, Do you have the new version with the 12b fans? My taste resonates strongly with the Vietnam / Cold War era jets.. The Mig-21 needs its arch enemy, the F4J Phantom to fly on her six. Of course, I would jump on a rarely modeled A7 Corsair or a maybe never modeled F8 Crusader in a heartbeat. Offered in Navy, Marines and USAF livery options.

I certainly don't doubt Mark or Alpha on the intelligence or selection of models,though the Flightline side, I think the TA was a turkey. LOL No, these guys know what they are doing. One thing that really stands out beside being rc aircraft thought leaders and project managers, is their understanding of order fulfillment and logistics. No one does that better. Place an order, and they turn it around in a couple of days. Amazing service.

-Hawk
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by gravity tester View Post
              1. The site recommends a 50C battery. Is that rate of discharge really required here? Not whining, just don't want to under spec the battery. I have some 30C's in the shop but don't want to use them if I risk turning this beauty into a flaming ball of EPO.

Thank you!
              It's not really about the C rating of your lipo, but how many amps of power it can safely provide without voltage sag. For example, one of the packs I will be using is the Turnigy Graphene 6S 4000 45C. My testing shows that this pack is capable of safely supplying 120 amps of continuous power without issue (it's a true 30C pack, so 30 times 4000mAh = 120 amps). The ESCs in this bird are rated at 100A, so I'm assuming the actual unloaded amp draw on these is somewhere in the 90A range. So I have no worries that my packs will get damaged using them in this bird.

I also plan on using the Roaring Top 6S 5800 35C. I know for a fact that these packs perform extremely well in the F-14, so the assumption there is that they will also perform well in this A-10 as these fans are 9-blade versus the 12-blade in the F-14. I don't have any of these packs yet (getting 4 in the mail on Saturday), so I have not tested their true C rating. But from what I've seen and heard, they are excellent packs. I will put them on my ESR meter this weekend.
              Pat

Comment

• Put me down for a "Me too" to Sky Wolf's comment. As I used to have posted under a picture of all my planes and gear.
                "Where would I be without Motion R/C?"

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• It's not really about the C rating of your lipo, but how many amps of power it can safely provide without voltage sag.
                  Thank you, Pat. I appreciate the learning. That helps a ton.

Comment

• I was just looking at the new pictures posted of the A-10 on the Motionrc site and I noticed something about the weapons loadout. I have flown the A-10C in various training exercises in DCS and whenever a precision guided munition is employed it is done using the LITENING targeting pod which is not part of the current load out. That is something I would have to fabricate and add to mine whenever I get one. I would also relocate the Maveric missile to free up that pylon along with a third fabricated copy to a triple rack.

Here is a great info guide to all of the munition available to the A-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0154.JPG
Views:	529
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	69604 Speaking of Chinglish, check out the warning on one of my helis... I know helis are dangerous, but I had no idea... :)
                      Hey Shirty, sounds like they're worried about you flying drunk while wearing a tie. Mate I told you not to wear the tie!!LOL

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Yeah, that's why there's no toilet paper in the rent-a-can. "We don't want any hangin's" or the rish of strangulation. Brad BTW the rent-a-can people say our :Poo: is their bread and butter! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                          I was just looking at the new pictures posted of the A-10 on the Motionrc site and I noticed something about the weapons loadout. I have flown the A-10C in various training exercises in DCS and whenever a precision guided munition is employed it is done using the LITENING targeting pod which is not part of the current load out. That is something I would have to fabricate and add to mine whenever I get one. I would also relocate the Maveric missile to free up that pylon along with a third fabricated copy to a triple rack.

Here is a great info guide to all of the munition available to the A-10.

That was informative.
                          Thanks
                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I see on the spec sheet that the cg is "78mm back from the leading edge of the wing root, with the aircraft upright and gear down" I would normally measure the cg with it inverted with wheel extended. Any thoughts on the cg upright vs inverted ? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by FastBob View Post
                              I see on the spec sheet that the cg is "78mm back from the leading edge of the wing root, with the aircraft upright and gear down" I would normally measure the cg with it inverted with wheel extended. Any thoughts on the cg upright vs inverted ? Thanks
                              This is what Alpha Skyped me the other day i.e. CG:

The A-10's CG is 78mm, measured back from the leading edge of the wing root. For convenience's sake, this CG is measured with the aircraft upright, with the landing gear down (because it's too difficult to pick up the plane and measure it inverted gear up). Whether the aircraft is fully loaded or empty, the CG doesn't shift more than 1-2mm forward, which is within the margin of error for the plane (depending on how much glue the customer uses to affix the rear fuselage, which is the only glue joint). We can state a range of 75mm-83mm, if people want a range. Down elevator is mixed with flaps. 2mm down for first position, and 3mm for second position.
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Hey Shirty, sounds like they're worried about you flying drunk while wearing a tie. Mate I told you not to wear the tie!!LOL

Grossman56
                                I just like to look my best at the field mate. You never know when all the hot chicks will come to see me fly... LOL

Comment

• On the production jet, what is the actual main wheel size? On the description on the website it states over 3".

Comment

Thanks Sarge, Do you have the new version with the 12b fans? My taste resonates strongly with the Vietnam / Cold War era jets.. The Mig-21 needs its arch enemy, the F4J Phantom to fly on her six. Of course, I would jump on a rarely modeled A7 Corsair or a maybe never modeled F8 Crusader in a heartbeat. Offered in Navy, Marines and USAF livery options.

I certainly don't doubt Mark or Alpha on the intelligence or selection of models,though the Flightline side, I think the TA was a turkey. LOL No, these guys know what they are doing. One thing that really stands out beside being rc aircraft thought leaders and project managers, is their understanding of order fulfillment and logistics. No one does that better. Place an order, and they turn it around in a couple of days. Amazing service.

-Hawk
                                    Hey Dahawk, Yea I got the 12b version of the ME 262 80mm and LOVE it. My friend at our club got the old one that sounds like a weed eater. We sometimes fly in formation and everyone at the field notice his from mine when we fly by. He gets pissed at the negative comment from the guys about his ME 262 verses mine.

Comment

• Evoman,

Thanks for posting the weapons load info. Awesome firepower. No wonder it has been called "whistling death" by our enemies. And here we have a plane that was built around the GAU-8 Gatling, the size of a mid-size sedan.

At 3900 rounds per minute, any thing getting in the way doesn't stand much of a chance. Here's a vid comparing ammo. It puts this lethal capability in perspective.: https://youtu.be/uKRLVBbmR44

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Hey Clearblue and Pogo, just wondering if you ever got the canopy mechanism from Banana Hobbies and if so, what are your thoughts. Personally, I'm kind of dead in the water 'til I get a spare canopy/cockpit part to play with. Just thought I'd check in on that, Brad

Comment

• Quick Hits...

- T-CAT, on the wheels, Alpha said to sort the thread for pictures, Tony posted the wheels with the measurements a while back.

- As for an ARF PLUS version, there is a plan for one but we are working with FW on price. Unconfirmed at this time.

- The 90mm nacelle (sans fan/motor unit) will be made available as an upgraded part. This nacelle is the same outer dimensions as the 80mm nacelle so the original scale outline is restored. We anticipate this to be available around the same time the spare parts become available (around the ETA of the first shipment).

That's it for now, carry on. ;)
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X