Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing Twin 80mm/90mm A-10 Thunderbolt II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jsteil1098 View Post

is there any chance of doing even larger birds? 110mm plus
    Found the link with his response: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...9599#post59599

Comment

• Though I fly mostly prop planes and a few UMX jets, after seeing the A-10 fly at the Arizona Electric festival, I knew I had to have one. The wife couldn't take my winning anymore and said order it! Done!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
        yes i guess i would agree, but still, always looking for the cool factor. lol bigger is better !!!!!!! as i get older it makes it a lot easier to see something larger rather than smaller......

Comment

• Agreed. I love flying my HSD 105mm F-16 for that very reason. Easy to spot. :)
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• can anyone tell me the scale of this A10, so I can order a pilot?

Comment

• Originally posted by tonymrc1 View Post
              can anyone tell me the scale of this A10, so I can order a pilot?
              I believe I read 1/11th scale IIRC. I may be corrected.

Comment

1/10
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

According to Wikipedia, the full scale has a wingspan of 17.53m. So 1.7m is 1:10.3. Good luck - I had a heck of a time finding 1/10 pilot for my B-25. I finally ended up ordering some torsos from MotionRC intended for another plane, and making the rest. It is not a common size. But also, you are limited if you search for terms like "1/10" or "1/11". It is better to think of the height, and look for pilots of unspecified scale but the right size. Full body would be about 6.5 inches, for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                    Hey Alpha, I just noticed on the front gear door, is there a way to program the sequencer to have the door remain open when the gear is down? Oh by the way, on my Wowplanes A10, i was able to mount my Mobius out on the #11 pylon for some great inflight movies(On YouTube under my forum name). This bird will be able to carry that Mobius, well maybe the "New Mobius", at the up coming Jet Jam. Stay tuned for future inflight movies

Any lead on a set of those weapon attachment fittings will help me get the Mobius mounted!!!!!! I was checking the spare parts section on MRC and didnt see any listed seperately.

Is this the one being used on the nose door?
                    https://www.motionrc.com/collections...tplgseq#qa-tab
                    Im just bumping this up the chain a little to give Alpha a chance to check into this. He may very well be on his way back state side but just a wild guess.

Comment

Go to post #8 for some good info on a pilot for this A-10
                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                        Lol. Don't worry mate. At least you guys speak recognisable English, unlike us Aussies eh? ;)
                        Don't be too hard on yourself Shirty ! Been to your land of OZ on two separate occassions and loved every minute. The people and surroundings are outstanding. Hoping they will accept American refugees someday. LOL The last time there, while spinning a few tubes, an Aussie colleague referred to me as a septic. I asked why and he said: " Septic tank rhymes with Yank" The spirit of the moment was light hearted.

If the guys from Motion stop and look at your order, maybe they will have the heart to thrown in a Motionrc hat. LOL
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          Agreed. I love flying my HSD 105mm F-16 for that very reason. Easy to spot. :)
                          I'm glad you have had good luck with yours.... I have NO LUCK!! Mine sits on the shelf since the front gear was inoperable out of the box.... after several attempts to get them to send me a replacement...I gave up. I will stick with your birds. I have been flying EDFs since 2004 and the advances I have seen are incredible. Your 90mm F-16 and 90mm F-15 are two of the best out of the box EDFs I have ever seen. I'm sure the A-10 will be incredible. I think I have around 10 of your aircraft including the SU, small mig, 80mm F86, small F9, ME-262, F35, 2-64mm MIGs (NEED a 90mm), the F16 and the F15. Oh..... today I ordered another 90mm F-15 and another 90mm F-16. So... I will have 13 total...... for now.

For the cost, you cant beat these birds.

Comment

Might be a dumb question but doesn't it already have a pilot? Brad

Comment

1/10.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Might be a dumb question but doesn't it already have a pilot? Brad
                                Yes it does.

Comment

• Yes i know it has a pilot, but I'm looking for one thats more scale looking and very detailed.

Comment

• thanks for all your responses, this seems to be a great group.

Comment

• This is a great thread with lots of info on this up and coming kit which i will be investing in for sure. I was wondering if the engines can be removed so that i can replace the fans with a greater number fan assembly than will be in the kit. this way it will sound more like a jet? Also will it have a scale cockpit and opening canopy? there is no info regarding paint options and finish quality. One guy has asked about improving the foam finish and paint finish on them which hopefully will be much improved over previous freewing models. I have the sabre which is great but it does look like a foamy as you can see that finish all over it. I wonder what the finish is like on the scale flying A-10 EDF that is coming out soon too? Is it plastic or balsa with a smooth paint finish to it?

Comment

• I think the potential to fly off of rough grass alone is worth the admission price.....unfortunately, I just dropped 400.00 on the Stinger 90, so I will have to bow out on this one for now. I'm excited for all you guys though, and maybe a little envious ! Its no doubt a flying work of art. Successful maidens to all of you !

Comment

• Hey Aros have Alpha or Mark consider coming out with a 80mm or 90mm F-100 Super Sabre? I know Alpha stated that a single 90mm F-4 Phantom is possible in the near future. How about a 80mm A-7 Corsair? Do anybody makes a EDF Corsair?

Comment

Working...
                                          X