Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order placed!!! Was frantically weaving in and out of DC rush hour traffic to get home!
    Whew, I can exhale again! Thank you, Thank You, Thank You to the entire MRC team for this wonderful offering.
    I'll throw my hat in the ring for a twin 90mm big ole F-4 Phantom!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post
      Ummm.... Where's the KIT PLUS for us modders? I'd be bummed if this is strictly a PNP only Pre-Order. Normally we get both...

I've gotta say... The PNP is overpriced at $599 for a twin 80 IMHO.
      I was looking for the same thing too. I want a PNP, and a KIT Plus one to mod.

Comment

• What happened to the 90mm option? There is no mention of how to order 90mm conversion. It is not one of the items listed under "upgrades." Does that come later? Anyway, I ordered the 80mm. I just wanted to know when I can order the 90mm option, so that I can receive it, set it on a shelf, and be too lazy to install it for about a year.

Comment

• This should be a $499 PNP airplane as projected for months... There's no reason why this should be more than the elaborate F-14 guys, come on. :Confused:

No fancy gear like the F-16 or swing wing box... Nothing that justifies over $100 more than we've been told it would be.

Does any one else feel this way?

Comment

• Not me.

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post
              Not me.
              That's fine if you're a "Pay more than sticker" kind of guy, but giving us a price target and then inflating it by 20% at the last minute is NOT cool. I have a bad feeling the ARF PLUS will be inflated too then...

This is a $499 PNP and $349-$379 ARF PLUS airplane.

I just might pass on principle TBH. :Confused:

Comment

• I have been watching the devlopment of this great offering. Thanks to MRC team for all your efforts!!!
                ORDER IN!!!!, Can't wait :)Gonna go "HOG" wild

Comment

• In a way, it is pretty much the same price (for me) as what was advertised. $499 airplane + $50 weapons set. But, for the moment, I have to hold off. It's a bit too much right now with rent coming up..

Comment

This should be a $499 PNP airplane as projected for months... There's no reason why this should be more than the elaborate F-14 guys, come on. :Confused:

No fancy gear like the F-16 or swing wing box... Nothing that justifies over $100 more than we've been told it would be.

No...since I figured that was a target price.

For everything that makes this a grass capable flyer, a reinforced wing structure, included weapons set, several decal options so it doesn't have to look like your buddy's; and therefore expecting I don't have to make any mods or buy anything additional, I would have paid $599 for it. So it's great to have a discount on the pre-order.

Thanks again Motion RC crew! Can't wait to get this one in the air and look forward to what's next.

Sean

P.S. You could also buy the less expensive one from the other manufacturer. Ensure you read through the RCG posts so you know what to mod before flying it. That alone made me cancel my pre-order for it.
                    Last edited by EDFjetpilot; Mar 28, 2017, 05:51 PM. Reason: Added P.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                      In a way, it is pretty much the same price (for me) as what was advertised. $499 airplane + $50 weapons set. But, for the moment, I have to hold off. It's a bit too much right now with rent coming up..
                      I can see that... We'll just have to see if their KIT PLUS price is more on target because then there REALLY won't be much there to mark up.

Comment

• for me this is the first time i have ever been able to buy such a large a-10 with 80mm fan set up for under 1000 dollars. yes it is foam, but still. up grade to 90mm may be possible. i guess i understand the price is high but , look at what your getting. this is a first and i am happy to be part of it. fly it hard

Comment

• Mine is ordered and thanks, as said, to the whole MRC team for all your efforts!!! And based on previous experience with MRC, I'm fine with the price increase. I'm 100% sure it's justified,especially with the ordinance thrown in, and anyone who decides to pass on this plane because of that, FINE, more for the rest of us.:Cool:Brad BTW I am not a " pay more than sticker guy". Please

Comment

• What the heck is "Qualifies as Giant Scale Class per AMA rules"? Giant scale has typ been considered 80" or >=1/4 scale. This isn't even close.

Comment

This should be a $499 PNP airplane as projected for months... There's no reason why this should be more than the elaborate F-14 guys, come on. :Confused:

Mate, for you guys in the USA who get free shipping, the listed price of $549 (an extra $50, not sure where you are getting $599), I'd still say this is a pretty good deal imho. Plus, I guess you could say you are still getting it for $499, you're just buying the weapons at $50 with it.

For me with our Aussie dollar, it's going to cost $719, PLUS $253 shipping.... TOTAL - $972...

But there are not many many options for us down under. Check out the prices the Aussie dealer charges (we only have one place to buy them if you want to buy them in Australia). but this guy is known to be a rip off merchant, and has a reputation for taking customers money and not delivering any planes. (Happened to me too). Check out the price on the stinger! And don't forget to add a minimum $140 freight to these prices below... If you've ever wondered why me and other Aussies buy overseas rather than locally, here's your answer...

So, it's just a matter of perspective. I'd consider myself very fortunate if I could buy the A10 at the $549 you guys pay....

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0981.PNG Views:	2 Size:	54.4 KB ID:	69276Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0982.PNG Views:	2 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	69277
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Honestly, for the price, and what's included I'm overall satisfied. The engineering that went into this was fantastic and it wasn't just slapped together to make it "okay" or "good enough" to sell (like we've seen some companies do over the years). The wing structure is amazing to say the least, and not having to worry about the wings flapping like a bird during flight on a bird of this size, especially an A-10, is very very nice and sets my mind at ease. The performance out of the box is great, while finding a nice compromise of flight time and weight. The electronics look to be of overall good quality, and I love that they are using Hobbywing ESC's and BEC's these days. The retracts and struts are versatile, which again can't be said for many jets on the market, especially of this size. The pilot figure is a new mold and of better scale than before, and the cockpit details look great. The plane comes with a full weapons load-out that not only unattach from the pylons easily, but can be done separately at the pylons to the wing as well (providing you with the option to fly with the pylons or pylons and weaponry), and they look great, not "cartoonish". However, I do think the weapons package should have been an option, not mandatory. The jet comes with three different decal liveries, which is fantastic for personal choice, as well as allow customization to ensure it's done to your liking and correctly by our own standards. There is plenty of room for a large variety of weight/capacity batteries, and spare room for other electronics such as receivers, telemetry, etc. Room was built in for cool unecessary things like a smoke system, etc., and all of our input was actually taken into account. The aeronatical engineering that was taken into account at the tail is incredible to ensure we don't experience the typical A-10 pitch changes with power, and large non-neutral deflection of the elevators to fly level. All this among many other design factors, at the price of $550 (pre-order) with a weapons set. This is not only under the F-14 price, but would have likely been roughly $499 without weapons if preordered. So, they held up their bargain well enough in my eyes to create an A-10 of this size that I was hoping to see. If I had the dough, I'd order two, ha-ha. A PNP is more than worth it, even if you use the electronics for other projects or sell them off for cash in comparison to a Kit Plus.

Comment

• Alpha10, the manufacturer dictates the MAP pricing, not us. Besides, it was originally intended to have the armament be sold separately. So it was decided with the retail price at $599 to include the armament which is a $50 value not to mention the upgraded retract system that comes with this model. We understand not everyone is going to be ecstatic with the price but for what you are getting, I personally still think the price is more than fair. This is a giant scale A-10 that the market has never seen in EPO/PNP format. We suspect everyone - myself included - will be more than pleased with the quality, size and performance for the price.

So much factors into final pricing, especially the manufacturer. There's no random numbers involved. Nobody is buying Lamborghini's here. Profit margins are not huge. We do this for the love of the hobby, not to get rich. So far, most folks are okay with the price set because they see what level of R&D and testing went into this jet. Alpha can expand on this much more than I ever could. We are confident that this model is worth every penny, and then some, and those who own one in a few months will agree.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by smdub View Post
                                    What the heck is "Qualifies as Giant Scale Class per AMA rules"? Giant scale has typ been considered 80" or >=1/4 scale. This isn't even close.
                                    Think I found the answer to my own question. Looks like they are using the now defunct IMAA spec for jets w/ combined span and length to 140". Uhh, this one is only 128". Thats a pretty far stretch to the old limit and not really being honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      ......Profit margins are not huge. We do this for the love of the hobby, not to get rich. ....
                                      Hey guys, you do the best you can with initial pricing estimates. After all of the R&D, Logistics, build costs and final shipping you adjust then. You guys gave a fair ballpark number for the cost. Remember, you can't please everyone.

Missing the mark by 50 bucks isn't bad with all of the redesign that was done for gear and wings. All I know is I GOT MINE!!!!

Comment

That's fine if you're a "Pay more than sticker" kind of guy, but giving us a price target and then inflating it by 20% at the last minute is NOT cool. I have a bad feeling the ARF PLUS will be inflated too then...

This is a $499 PNP and $349-$379 ARF PLUS airplane.

I just might pass on principle TBH. :Confused:
                                        Well, you asked who felt the way you did. I didn't. You then threw out a thinly veiled insult about my intelligence. The preorder price is 10% higher than previously predicted, not 20%. I don't think a 10% miss is earth shattering, especially as it includes the weapons set that we thought would not be included. Perhaps you should pass on principle since you know what it's worth to you.
                                        WADR, dave

Comment

• Took the plunge. Interesting MRC put it on the last page of EDFs and not the splash as i was looking for for the past three days! Looks like they're rewarding us that read this forum. Anyway, my first and only as I was so bummed after she crashed was the LX A-10. Put in a beautiful cockpit and pilot and upon the maiden the canopy ripped off and into the right EDF shedding all the blades. So there I was on my first A-10 maiden I put countless hours into getting it right and now I'm learning single engine flight. Needless to say she finally succumbed to my inability to put her on the ground safely. I can't wait to get this baby off the ground especially since my first unit as a butter bar was the 23rd FW!

Comment

Working...
                                          X