X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    For the record, "He" is not "me". I'm already eyeballs deep in the next wallet killers and the A-10 torch has been passed. Have fun, everyone, I'll try to rejoin the party later with better internet coverage.
    "Wallet killers"???!??! Oh jeez, I can't take anymore!!

Comment

• OK it's 9:30 AM in Illinois. where Motion is located. I sure you guys are at work.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Hopefully the next wallet killer is a nice pointy delta winged interceptor :) (I can dream can't I!!)

Comment

For the record, "He" is not "me". I'm already eyeballs deep in the next wallet killers and the A-10 torch has been passed. Have fun, everyone, I'll try to rejoin the party later with better internet coverage.
          Thanks Alpha! At least while on our path to voluntary poverty we'll have a lot of great things to fly. :Cool:

Comment

• MARK.........MARK.............MARK............MARK ............

We're ready............maybe a little :wacky Let it fly
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• A good F4 should not consume very many engineering hours
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I don't see it
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Mark and Alpha were up in to the wee hours of the morning (Well Mark was, I think it was daytime where Alpha is) hashing out final details and I added two final details to the page myself first thing this morning so Mark can be forgiven if he needs an hour or two sleep first. Maybe.

LOL
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Livin the dream!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                      Hopefully the next wallet killer is a nice pointy delta winged interceptor :) (I can dream can't I!!)
                      Mmm... 80mm rocket F-100!?

Comment

• His screen name is a hint. ;)
                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

Mmm... F-100?
                          I would sooooooo love a Super Saber!!!

Comment

Some of the time we added to this project was spent "Future-Proofing" the A-10 for 90mm power systems, above and beyond the stock 80mm power setup (which I still maintain will satisfy 90+% of you). The more we thought about it though, the more we accepted that the reinforcing time was time well spent to ensure the A-10 could handle the abuse I know some of you are planning for it with even faster and more thrusty power systems with the 90mm nacelle (shown above, sold separately). Queue diabolical speed-hacker laugh.

Here is a photo of the final production wing. Not content with the strength of a traditional solid foam and double spar wing on an aircraft of this size, we tested and tested and tested then finally settled upon the wing structure shown here. The aluminum caps set the dihedral and keep it there, the plywood ribs intersected by the carbon spars distribute loads evenly throughout the buttressed foam bulkheads. Sharp eyes will notice that the main spar tube is not your typical tube, either. It is woven ;) The secondary outer spars are square rod. The wing's flying surfaces are all gapless hinged, and individually reinforced. Finally, the main wing on the Freewing 80mm A-10 is made 35Bei foam, which is the heavier but stronger foam that HSD uses. The fuselage is 25Bei, which is what Freewing has been using recently (such as the F7F) and for quite a while. It is in general a better balanced strength/weight foam for most of Freewing's "normal" sized models, but the A-10's wing benefits from the 35Bei foam. The horizontal stabilizer also follows this construction, with plywood ribs and square rod spars throughout.

In summation, the model can be held be two people six inches in from either wingtip, and even the load in dives at 140mph won't snap the wing. But please, do try to fly her scale first.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC08872.JPG Views:	1 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	68946
                            Alpha,

Thanks for all the great design work to ensure the strength of the wing! This gives me hope that some day in the future you'll be able to get foam wings into the 80 inch "IMAA" range. I'm tired of not be able to fly my very scale foam warbirds in "warbird events" because they don't meet the size requirements of a now defunct organization. Can you imagine what the "ole gassers" would say?:Confused::Cool:

Sean
                            Last edited by EDFjetpilot; Mar 28, 2017, 08:44 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

• Second Pot of Coffee.....Shaking Uncontrollably......PUSH THE DARN" BUTTON, JIM (weak William Shattner voice)

Comment

• Anyone who has seen the F14 will get how much airplane the Thunderbolt truly is. Wow!
                                Attached Files

Comment

• The stress of waiting is killing me. You guys are gonna have to take up a collection for my medical deductible if that button doesn't appear soon.:Sick2:
                                  My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

Thanks for all the great design work to ensure the strength of the wing! This gives me hope that some day in the future you'll be able to get foam wings into the 80 inch "IMAA" range. I'm tired of not be able to fly my very scale foam warbirds in "warbird events" because they don't meet the size requirements of a now defunct organization. Can you imagine what the "ole gassers" would say?:Confused::Cool:

Sean
                                    The Aeros Festival of Giants on Aug 10-13 has set the giant scale jet limit to include this A-10. The guidance I got from AMA is since IMAA is no more and there is no "giant scale rules" clubs that hold giant scale events can set whatever size standards they want. I know that there will be at least two of these A-10s flying at our event.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      His screen name is a hint. ;)
                                      :):)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                        Little off topic, but how good does the spitty look on the conference table? Ooo I'm in love. :Love:

i knew timezones wouldn't work for me on the a10. It's almost 10pm Tuesday here. By the time preorder goes up I'll be in bed. Dang, even a day ahead I'm beaten by the yanks again... :Confused:

(anyone notice I used the word dang? I'm spending too much time on the forums with you Americans lol).
                                        Funny....I use "mate" much more frequently than I ever did!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                          Mark and Alpha were up in to the wee hours of the morning (Well Mark was, I think it was daytime where Alpha is) hashing out final details and I added two final details to the page myself first thing this morning so Mark can be forgiven if he needs an hour or two sleep first. Maybe.

LOL
                                          Hashing things out what is there to hash out ? place button on screen, sit back and take in lots of everybody's money , go home Happy, these guys are chomping at the bit to get this.
                                          BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

Working...
                                          X