X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by petefoss View Post

Do you think they would both fit in either the 86, 90 or 110cm versions? (I have two 76 cm too but one bag might be more convenient.
    Fitting both wings into one bag would be a recipe for getting the Wings dented..The HK wing bags are cheap enough to have one wing in one bag especially for peace of mind.. Nothing worse than trying to stuff two wings into a bag even with protection & finding dents from being too tight in the bag..Can't roll back time on that..:Angry:

Comment

• Ordered bag #2 for that very reason. $13.00 + $10 shipping( Cha ching)
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Yep, two bags is the way to go. I'm not too trusting in the small little padded flap that separates the wing bag for each wing. I'd rather use one wing per bag. For how inexpensive these HK bags are, I'm more than happy with the 76cm bags. They fit well, and they had them in stock at the US warehouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
          Is the BEC servo lead also plugged into your receiver? Also, are you plugging in the battery into the power system leads with the BEC first, then plug in the second side?
          T-Cat,
          Yes, to all. Still beeps. Dbl checked wiring and connections too. Just wondering if I'm missing something basic. May pull the pod off tomorrow and check wiring. If you have any other thoughts I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
          Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
            Excellent question. I'd like to see a picture of both fitting in a larger bag, either with or without ordnance.
            I'm playing guinea pig on the 110 cm bag. Ordered one this morning.
            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by buffetbob View Post

T-Cat,
              Yes, to all. Still beeps. Dbl checked wiring and connections too. Just wondering if I'm missing something basic. May pull the pod off tomorrow and check wiring. If you have any other thoughts I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
              Bob
              Did you try reversing the throttle?

Sean

Comment

T-Cat,

Thanks,
                Bob
                I would try rebinding the receiver to the radio first. If that doesn't work, maybe the ESC's need to be calibrated. EDFjetpilot mentioned above that it's possible something is strange with the throttle channel. Is your trim at something other than zero?

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

I'm playing guinea pig on the 110 cm bag. Ordered one this morning.
                  Let us know how it goes Bill. That's a good size wing bag for sure.

Comment

• Coltpilot
                    it does sound like your on the road to recovery. I took my A-10 to our club meeting tonight and it was a hit. First flight is early Saturday morning at a small fun scale meet. Looking toward to it. I wish I had that great close up of the nacelle logo it's real clear how the logo is position over the spear. Hang in there. Hopefully you can still get some modeling done.
                    John

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

I painted the FMS gear with gloss white plasticote. After it dried, I used 3&1 oil to loosen everything up. Worked like a champ and very springy now. After 3 flights off grass haven't lost the yet. Greased every landing. Making the more flexible with oil on all the parts including the strut helped soften the landing.
                      Here you go. White gear struts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170606_220719.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	79778

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170606_220800.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	79780

Comment

• Woohoo!!! Sorry I'm that excited I'll have to say it again... woohoo!!!

thank you motion. :)

No offence mum, (and I do really appreciate the socks and undies, they're great!), but I like this birthday present I got myself better....

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1198.JPG Views:	1 Size:	111.4 KB ID:	79787

Comment

• LOL!!!!

Comment

• OK Gents,

There is a little trouble in the pigpen..

Has anyone had difficulty with servo horns not being centered properly? I was able to get my starboard wing dialed in with just a few adjustments of the linkages, but my port aileron horn is obviously not centered, same with the inboard port flap but to a lesser degree.

I don't want to tear up the wing removing servos, anyone have any tips for pulling a servo with the least amount of fuss?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Here you go. White gear struts.

Click image for larger version Name:	20170606_220719.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	79778

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170606_220800.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	79780
                              Yup, that's what I'm talking about. Looks 100% better. Two thumbs up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jpahemi1 View Post
                                Coltpilot
                                it does sound like your on the road to recovery. I took my A-10 to our club meeting tonight and it was a hit. First flight is early Saturday morning at a small fun scale meet. Looking toward to it. I wish I had that great close up of the nacelle logo it's real clear how the logo is position over the spear. Hang in there. Hopefully you can still get some modeling done.
                                John
                                I did post that picture some thread back aways. Where do you fly?

Comment

• A picture of the 3d pilot in my LX A-10. It's 1/12 scale. The LX is still a work in progress. I may purchase the FMS gear for it. They are fairly inexpensive. It will have twin Schubler 10 blade 70mm fans.

Comment

T-Cat,

Thanks,
                                    Bob
                                    Did you check your connector orientation and position on the connector board and receiver? You could try bypassing the connector board. Also check your extension harness to make sure you don't have a bad crimp. Can you tell that you are getting power to the receiver? Just some thoughts.

Comment

• Zippo lighter fluid will dissolve the contact cement when wicked in the edges of a glued in servo. Is
                                      safe on foam. Try a butter knife or putty knife to
                                      ​​​​lift it out.

Pete

Comment

• Pete,
                                        Thanks for the lighter fluid tip, didn't know it is foam safe.

Thank you!

Comment

• No worries. Dug up a little more data. Was thinking about putting two strips of dental floss under servo when gluing back in
                                          to make it easy to lift out next time if need be. See post 9
                                          https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...nam-tiger-moth

Comment

Working...
                                          X