Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had that bag...Used it for my Matt Chapman Eagle 580 years back. Nice bag, comes with divider.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Nice bag for sure! Thank you for the link.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        Nice bag for sure! Thank you for the link.
        I'm in. Get released from the hospital tonight. Have to do intreveinious antibiotics for 2 weeks. So I have a pic line in my arm. Ugh Need to get well for Jet Jam.

Comment

• Get well soon man!

Comment

• Get well!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Before I start (if I decide to) modding the cockpit at a later date, I had to change out the pilot at least. I had one that was from HK and their F18 (although people used it in a CMP T-45 and fit perfect) complete cockpit offered long ago. I painted the pilot figure, added some detail, changed the mask coloring, and adjusted the arms. He looks to be a much better match in size. He sat a little lower, so had to rise him up a bit on some balsa on top of the cutout foam from the cockpit seat. He now sits pretty nicely in there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1155.JPG
Views:	401
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	79721Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1158.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	79722Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1159.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	79723

Comment

• Pretty much finished for now. I messed up one of the red devil logos. I just could not get it properly positioned over the pitch fork. So I asked Callie to make me another one. What a nice plane. Hope to fly it this weekend weather permitting.
                John

Comment

Before I start (if I decide to) modding the cockpit at a later date, I had to change out the pilot at least. I had one that was from HK and their F18 (although people used it in a CMP T-45 and fit perfect) complete cockpit offered long ago. I painted the pilot figure, added some detail, changed the mask coloring, and adjusted the arms. He looks to be a much better match in size. He sat a little lower, so had to rise him up a bit on some balsa on top of the cutout foam from the cockpit seat. He now sits pretty nicely in there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1155.JPG
Views:	401
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	79721Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1158.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	79722Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1159.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	79723
                  This pilot profile , IMO, looks to be the most accurate in proportions and to me, at least, is a perfect fit. Now i wonder if its still availible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jpahemi1 View Post
                    Pretty much finished for now. I messed up one of the red devil logos. I just could not get it properly positioned over the pitch fork. So I asked Callie to make me another one. What a nice plane. Hope to fly it this weekend weather permitting.
                    John
                    I messed up mine too but am leaving them as is. I actually placed the Red Devils logo slightly above the pitchfork. Was wondering about the sketchy hashed lines on the pitchfork. Now I know why she made them that way. LOL. Only the scale police will know. Shhhhh!

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post

This pilot profile , IMO, looks to be the most accurate in proportions and to me, at least, is a perfect fit. Now i wonder if its still availible?
                      Thanks Sam! I have a few different pilots I've ordered over the years and kept, some more recent than others. I try to also look for them in the classifieds area of the RC forums. I believe these particular pilots used to be sold by Hobbyking relatively cheap too, and they of great quality and painted extremely well. I also have the JHH 1/10 full body pilot that I ordered and painted to use with this A-10, but as I see it in the cockpit, the figure just looks a bit to large for me to have the proper scale. I do love the detail work and craftsmanship of the JHH pilot, and it's light weight too.

What I'd like to see and find out is the manufacturer/supplier of these prepainted models Hobbyking used to sell, and see if they are still making these. If not, if there is a way to begin putting these back into production and see if Motion could sell amazing pilot figures like these. It would depend if they would find it worthwhile. Maybe they already know who used to manufacture these in China, and have a business connection over there to get these made again.

Comment

• Anyone having trouble getting the ESCs to arm? Got trtl trim full down and all they do is beep.

Comment

• Is the BEC servo lead also plugged into your receiver? Also, are you plugging in the battery into the power system leads with the BEC first, then plug in the second side?

Comment

• Finally got her done, radio set up and ready to fly...
                            Wow, the decal set took forever. I think I could have put together 10 A-10's in the time it took to apply them... I took my time and although not perfect I am quite happy...
                            Did anyone else have the sidewinder missiles fins all bent up? Mine were pretty bad, all jammed down in the bottom of the packaging slot.
                            No maiden today with 13 to 18 mph cross winds at the field...
                            Will upload flight video when I do. Just got a Mobius camera from Motion and will be going along for the ride...

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20170606_170130.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	79746 Birds are landing on West coast now.
                              Many thanks to the designers....engineers...The Factory including the production manager.
                              Marketing dept and all shippers.

Motion Rocks !

Plane

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

I messed up mine too but am leaving them as is. I actually placed the Red Devils logo slightly above the pitchfork. Was wondering about the sketchy hashed lines on the pitchfork. Now I know why she made them that way. LOL. Only the scale police will know. Shhhhh!
                                Here is the full size B1RD and graphics. I have a few more but the hospital's link is weak. PM me if you want a couple more.

Tim T

Comment

Yeah, I doubt they'll fit together in a 76cm bag. However, the wings do fit perfectly in the 76cm bag with just one wing in each bag, which I why I purchased two originally, to keep them separate from one another.
                                  Do you think they would both fit in either the 86, 90 or 110cm versions? (I have two 76 cm too but one bag might be more convenient.

Comment

• Excellent question. I'd like to see a picture of both fitting in a larger bag, either with or without ordnance.

Comment

• +1
                                      Only have 1 of the originals

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                                        Finally got her done, radio set up and ready to fly...
                                        Wow, the decal set took forever. I think I could have put together 10 A-10's in the time it took to apply them... I took my time and although not perfect I am quite happy...
                                        Did anyone else have the sidewinder missiles fins all bent up? Mine were pretty bad, all jammed down in the bottom of the packaging slot.
                                        No maiden today with 13 to 18 mph cross winds at the field...
                                        Will upload flight video when I do. Just got a Mobius camera from Motion and will be going along for the ride...
                                        Yep,
                                        My fins were bent. I'm afraid to break them by bending them back in place. I've done that before.
                                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Amazingly, the only noticeable imperfection I had upon inspecting all the parts was a dented wingtip. So far, everything else seems good. I'll inspect more of the plane tonight though.

Comment

Working...
                                          X