Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he knows how to do throttle calibration. He's more interested in what to do when there are 2 ESCs because not every case will the 2 ESCs respond to power exactly the same time and it may be necessary to do each one independently. If one ESC lags just a bit and you wait for the other one to "catch up", the first one may enter programming mode (not what you want when doing throttle end point calibration).
    What dkalwishky said. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
      I think he knows how to do throttle calibration. He's more interested in what to do when there are 2 ESCs because not every case will the 2 ESCs respond to power exactly the same time and it may be necessary to do each one independently. If one ESC lags just a bit and you wait for the other one to "catch up", the first one may enter programming mode (not what you want when doing throttle end point calibration).
      Exactly! Not every ESC is created equally. Thanks for the confirmation. I will program them independently. Looking forward to flying this beauty.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
        I think he knows how to do throttle calibration. He's more interested in what to do when there are 2 ESCs because not every case will the 2 ESCs respond to power exactly the same time and it may be necessary to do each one independently. If one ESC lags just a bit and you wait for the other one to "catch up", the first one may enter programming mode (not what you want when doing throttle end point calibration).
        This will be my first with two separate batteries. Using one battery to operate two esc's was easy. The FMS A-10 is like that. One didn't turn at all while the other one did. That's when I did the full throttle at the tx then plugged in the 6s. Worked great and no issues after 3 flights. Both run perfectly. My FW F-16 esc was different as I had to go through the whole programming sequence to get it right with several attempts. Listening for the beeps required to set It. Still learning this part. I know there is a programmer available but haven't purchased one yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
          I completely agree. For foam weapons, the price for spares is more than a bit out of line.
          I wonder if the top guys at MRC would consider letting us order the items separately (since they're designed to plug onto the pylons) at a reasonable price.
          Say $10 for a pair of bombs, or a pair of Mavericks.

I agree that having the whole set included with the kit was great, no complaints there. I just want more!
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

I wonder if the top guys at MRC would consider letting us order the items separately (since they're designed to plug onto the pylons) at a reasonable price.

I agree that having the whole set included with the kit was great, no complaints there. I just want more!
            That would be awesome, and a nice way to offer some variety. Maybe also a nice way to introduce some alternate ordnance options so we can mix and match!

Comment

• Got all 7,841 decals on (added some extra decals to the ord just to spruce them up a bit)...also added a canopy pull in place of the nub antenna.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170605_191817069_iOS.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	79490

Name:	20170605_191841773_iOS.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	79489

Name:	20170605_151939000_iOS.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	79488
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I like the additional ordnance decals. Adds that extra touch of TIGRB class. :Cool:

Comment

• The beast has arrived.....and I had to leave for work. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                    I like the additional ordnance decals. Adds that extra touch of TIGRB class. :Cool:
                    Lol...hey the J-10 is getting close to being green :)
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I like the additional ordnance decals. Adds that extra touch of TIGRB class. :Cool:
                      Everyone has been doing some really great work on these A-10's. Enjoy looking at all the mods. Now if I can just get out of this hospital. Tomorrow is looking good.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

That would be fantastic! I've like to equip mine differently, instead using all the armaments I'd like to add another dual missile pod and another bomb and get ride of the cruise missile looking thing and the other item that I cannot identify. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

That would be fantastic! I've like to equip mine differently, instead using all the armaments I'd like to add another dual missile pod and another bomb and get ride of the cruise missile looking thing and the other item that I cannot identify. :)
                          The other thing would it be the rocket pod? Holds 7 rockets if I'm not mistaken. I'll​ make up some rockets to put in the holes.

Comment

• These A-10s are looking very nice, and I still got at least three weeks before mine ship, I can be patient, I must be, besides, I get to learn a lot from all of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Lol...hey the J-10 is getting close to being green :)
                              Cool. Let's see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                The beast has arrived.....and I had to leave for work. Lol
                                Look on the bright side, just think about what you get to come home to.

Comment

• What I think would be really cool would be a big party with MRC and the gathering of the A-10's. One in the West, Midwest and one in the East. Can you imagine these A-10's in one spot. What a site it would be with all the different graphics and lined up on the runway for an awesome photo shoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    Got all 7,841 decals on (added some extra decals to the ord just to spruce them up a bit)...also added a canopy pull in place of the nub antenna.
                                    Cool job, looks great! (I am only about 30% through the decal job after two nights, only 2613 to go)... So are you inside an aviation museum or something? I see an A-26, a P-51, a J3 Cub, a P-47, a B-17 parked, two more B-17's up in the air, two Corsairs, a jet, and a few others I can't quite make out.... and that is only from one camera angle. Lets see the rest of the room! Booyah!
                                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• TIGRB has one of the most awesome hangar/workshops you could lay your eyes on. It is really something to behold in person.

Comment

Look on the bright side, just think about what you get to come home to.
                                        That's so true :). That's always nice to know a new plane is waiting to be built. The assembly process is fun and it's a blast seeing a new aircraft, new engineering that went into it, etc. There's something about it that's just amazing.

Comment

TIGRB has one of the most awesome hangar/workshops you could lay your eyes on. It is really something to behold in person.
                                          I can only imagine. I'm spread out everywhere in my house and garage.

Comment

Working...
                                          X