X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Much thanks Mike! I'll go back into the radio and check other throttle settings to see if a difference can be made. I changed the rx out for both an AR6210 and an AR8000, and they both wok just fine. But those receivers are taken out of my other planes. Wanted to see if the rx was maybe faulty. Horizon says it's fine if it binds with the radio.
    It's just not activating the ESC's after it binds to the radio, so they think it's a problem with the ESC's.

Thanks for the ideas. Will check that this week. Hoping to finally getting her ready for maiden in the next couple of weeks. Work and travels have kept me grounded...and I'm part of the first group. Yikes!!
    Yikes is right! You need some time to build and fly....

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

I see you still have the bond plug still in the Rx after you have binded.. That could be your issue.. Remove after bind otherwise Tx won't respond..
      Long-time-no-hear from HHNF!! Good seeing you again.

The bind plug stays in during the bind process until it actually binds everything. Sorry for the inaccurate video report, but I get that fast beep even when the bind plug is out.

I tried an AR6210 and AR8000, and they both work fine. I'm beginning to think it has to be the receiver. Now I just have to convince Horizon of that. Per "CrashMaster's" idea, I'm going to check other throttle settings in the TX.

Thanks for for chiming In!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Yikes is right! You need some time to build and fly....
        Thanks Steve! Man, I just wish I had your time and your skills! You've inspired th entire Freewing A-10 audience. Sorry I couldn't make NEFI to meet you and see her up close. Maybe next time.

Comment

The bind plug stays in during the bind process until it actually binds everything. Sorry for the inaccurate video report, but I get that fast beep even when the bind plug is out.

I tried an AR6210 and AR8000, and they both work fine. I'm beginning to think it has to be the receiver. Now I just have to convince Horizon of that. Per "CrashMaster's" idea, I'm going to check other throttle settings in the TX.

Something else I've found always start with a clean model do a reset. Another gremlin I've run across is something not working on one model than set up on another model works. No clue why.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Thanks. Yeah I wish you could have made it too, we had an excellent time. Very laid back and neat to meet others from the Squawk.

Comment

I have ordered an ARF+ which will be here today but does anyone know if it comes with the battery to ESC leads and BEC? If not I guess I will find out later today.
              Unfortunately I can't give a straight answer as I don't have an ARF.....yet :). I would imagine it likely won't come with the leads and/or BEC since the other Freewing ARF Pluses (even in the same price range) do not come with one or the other either. I can't remember if they at least provided the connector in the parts package (I thought I had some ARF + planes that did). I would reallyyyyyy love if they did include the leads and BEC though :Cool:. I sure as heck hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• UPS truck left a giant box at the door!!! What could it be?????

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Unfortunately I can't give a straight answer as I don't have an ARF.....yet :). I would imagine it likely won't come with the leads and/or BEC since the other Freewing ARF Pluses (even in the same price range) do not come with one or the other either. I can't remember if they at least provided the connector in the parts package (I thought I had some ARF + planes that did). I would reallyyyyyy love if they did include the leads and BEC though :Cool:. I sure as heck hope I'm wrong.
                  I will find out soon enough and let you know.

Comment

• The big box came this afternoon and I gotta say, this is second largest box that an airplane has ever come in, only surpassed by my Eflite 2000mm CZ T-28. It was also encouraging to note that all the foam cross braces were cut and removed once. I suspect that someone at Motion did this to do a cursory inspection before sending it off to me. Good job! It'll sit for 2 or 3 more weeks till I get 2 other planes finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post
                      Here are a few pics from today. Got all three of them in the air at the same time!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170625_150948.jpg Views:	1 Size:	225.1 KB ID:	83087Click image for larger version  Name:	20170625_151004.jpg Views:	1 Size:	170.4 KB ID:	83088Click image for larger version  Name:	20170625_151043.jpg Views:	1 Size:	163.5 KB ID:	83089
                      Looks like you guys had a trio of hawgs playing in the play pen too. I have to say, it was fun having our three in the air at the same time. Motion RC, you guys I hope are enjoying all of these planes in the air. You should be proud to bring so much joy to so many old children. LOL
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Well Callie out did herself on the graphics for the MI 107th Red Devils. Now I can really start to go to work on the paint then graph it all up. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                          Well Callie out did herself on the graphics for the MI 107th Red Devils. Now I can really start to go to work on the paint then graph it all up. :Cool:
                          Excellent! I am looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Did she do the big red devil as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Well, here is the answer. The ARF+ does not come with the battery to ESC cables or BEC so I will be making a trip to my LHS tomorrow to hopefully get a Castle Creations 10A BEC. In the mean time I have one side done. I am very curious to see how this works out. I believe I can essentially run on 5S or 6S so it will be interesting to play with and see how they compare. I can't be the only or first person to drop some 90's in one of these... someone outside of the designers has to have done this already.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170626_203916.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	83197

Name:	20170626_203926.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	83198

Name:	20170626_203944.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	83199

Comment

Well, here is the answer. The ARF+ does not come with the battery to ESC cables or BEC so I will be making a trip to my LHS tomorrow to hopefully get a Castle Creations 10A BEC. In the mean time I have one side done. I am very curious to see how this works out. I believe I can essentially run on 5S or 6S so it will be interesting to play with and see how they compare. I can't be the only or first person to drop some 90's in one of these... someone outside of the designers has to have done this already.

Name:	20170626_203916.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	83197

Name:	20170626_203926.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	83198

Name:	20170626_203944.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	83199
                              Bummer, that's what I figured, but was hoping they changed it. You may want to get the new Castle BEC that has better headroom than the old 10A, or just get the HV BEC for even greater headroom. The old 10A I believe is only about 5A maximum on 6S voltage.

Comment

Excellenta I am looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Did she do the big red devil as well?
                                Yes indeed. I even have the pilots name who will be flying the full size B1RD with his tail number. Can't wait.

Comment

Try calibrating your ESC, my friend's edf was doing that and after trying everything we knew, we did a calibration, then all was good.

Comment

Looks like you're the CTD on the 90mm install..:)

Comment

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this before ...................... Not all RXs look at sub-trim the same. Is your throttle trim tab on the TX all the way to the bottom? The RX that doesn't seem to work may see it as too much throttle and won't arm. Make sure you didn't alter the throttle sub-trim menu by accident. Once those are confirmed, then do the throttle calibration.

Comment

• Calliefied!! :)

Name:	calliefied4.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	83216
                                        Attached Files
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Super nice Aros..:Cool:..Those dark areas wouldn't be agreeing with some of the Hot days some guys are experiencing especially in SoCal over the weekend.. Apparently got up to 117 degrees...

Comment

Working...
                                          X