X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

I'm wondering if you could run the 1550's on 5s instead of 6 and still have a low amp draw. It should be able to hold some serious MA 5s packs in the battery compartment
    That may be possible if you have heavier enough batteries to balance the jet :). It would be interesting to see someone try. Ha-ha

Comment

• Just got my notification. Group 2 is shipping.

Comment

• The ARF was in stock yesterday, but all of a sudden sold out right when the container arrives. Hmm...

Comment

• Number two is on its way. Just got my notice...
          Arctic Thunder soon to be...

Comment

• Howdy All!! This is my first post.... Received the shipping email a little while ago! Can't wait to get started... :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
              Howdy All!! This is my first post.... Received the shipping email a little while ago! Can't wait to get started... :-)
              Welcome to Hobbysquawk Hardway...
              Your going to be thrilled with this plane!!!
              Enjoy...

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                The ARF was in stock yesterday, but all of a sudden sold out right when the container arrives. Hmm...
                I pre-ordered an ARF+ when they went live. I also snagged a couple Cobra 150A ESC's at NEFI for a price I couldn't pass up so I am gonna try a pair of the 1550's in it. Running them on 5S like Bill said is an interesting thought. Hmmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by skippykix View Post
                  Is it late June yet! I'm chomping at the bit to get mine!
                  Ask and you shall receive!!
                  I just got my shipping notice!

Comment

• For all the scale buffs out there, this is an excellent guide for just about any detailing and upgrades you might want to attempt. 171 pages and pictures on every page! It is nice... http://www.reidairpublishing.com/product-p/rap016.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I pre-ordered an ARF+ when they went live. I also snagged a couple Cobra 150A ESC's at NEFI for a price I couldn't pass up so I am gonna try a pair of the 1550's in it. Running them on 5S like Bill said is an interesting thought. Hmmmm.
                      At least with the 1550kv, you have a better option of staying with 6S, or attempting 5S to see the current draw and thrust. :Cool:

One thing I prefer about the 80mm nacelles is the thrust tube. It is smaller and therefore closer to scale look. The full sized A-10 exhaust nozzles are very small, so smaller on an model looks good. The 90mm nacelle exhaust outlets don't have a huge eye sore to them, but they are about 10mm larger and still notice them at first glance. I do like the look of the fans from the front though when comparing 90 to the 80mm.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	HogGuide_cover.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	82403 MODERN HOG COVER

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

At least with the 1550kv, you have a better option of staying with 6S, or attempting 5S to see the current draw and thrust. :Cool:

One thing I prefer about the 80mm nacelles is the thrust tube. It is smaller and therefore closer to scale look. The full sized A-10 exhaust nozzles are very small, so smaller on an model looks good. The 90mm nacelle exhaust outlets don't have a huge eye sore to them, but they are about 10mm larger and still notice them at first glance. I do like the look of the fans from the front though when comparing 90 to the 80mm.
                          I wonder if a more scale exhaust could be had on the 90's. Hmmm.... ideas are circulating even now. I need to get a piece of Lasagna and ponder that notion... LOL Here I was telling myself I was just going to leave my second one mostly stock and the modder in me is already rearing up :Scared:

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20170622_125403.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	82406
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	20170621_190027.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	82407
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	20170620_185007.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	82408
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	20170620_184957.jpg Views:	1 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	82409

My Desert Storm Barksdale A-10. Rivet detail was a pain, but well worth it. The ordinance is still in the paint shop, then decaling. I still have to do the weathering on the bird as well. She is coming right along though!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20170622_125403.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	82406
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20170621_190027.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	82407
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20170620_185007.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	82408
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20170620_184957.jpg Views:	1 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	82409 My Desert Storm Barksdale A-10
                              YEAH!!! Way to go Michael! Our first Desert Storm "Peanut" if I am not mistaken. It looks fantastic!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	HogGuide_cover.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	82403 MODERN HOG COVER
                                Just ordered, thanks for the info...

Comment

I wonder if a more scale exhaust could be had on the 90's. Hmmm.... ideas are circulating even now. I need to get a piece of Lasagna and ponder that notion... LOL
                                  Just wondering, what diameter are your 80mm exhaust? Having watched you all at nefi I am impressed with the performance! You all flew them like you've flown them for years. It looks and sounds amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

Just wondering, what diameter are your 80mm exhaust? Having watched you all at nefi I am impressed with the performance! You all flew them like you've flown them for years. It looks and sounds amazing.
                                    The exhaust outlets are 69mm :-)

Comment

• Another 2nd container shipping notice here. Such a great feeling to get that unexpected "Your Order has been shipped!" message.

Comment

I wonder if a more scale exhaust could be had on the 90's. Hmmm.... ideas are circulating even now. I need to get a piece of Lasagna and ponder that notion... LOL Here I was telling myself I was just going to leave my second one mostly stock and the modder in me is already rearing up :Scared:
                                        LOL. Lasagna has a funny way of doing that LOL:Scared:.

The 80mm nacelles exhaust cones may actually work for a 90mm 5/6-blade fan just fine. They are a stretch for the Jetfan 90 9-blade fan though (I'd say the average tailcone size people use for that fan is 75mm depending on how much power they have), although not crazy far off, but you would have to test how much thrust is affected negatively and how much the current goes up at that small of a tailcone. It's definitely worth some testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WAY BAD View Post
                                          Another 2nd container shipping notice here. Such a great feeling to get that unexpected "Your Order has been shipped!" message.
                                          +1 Wahooo!

Comment

Working...
                                          X