X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ,
    After our phone conversation this morning I could hardly wait top see that nose art...............SWEEEEEEEEET. :Cool:
    Our air show with these at your Festival of Giants event is gonna be awesome.;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
      Ha-ha. Maybe that'll be a new nose art, a big slab of Lasagna :Cool:LOL. Does that mean the instead of a smoke canister in the nose, a marinara sauce can is used :Drooling::Scared:?
      My wife is making lasagna tonight; I'll see if I can figure out a way to get it to fire out of the nose. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        Glad you like them Steve! And yes, they really do help set off the ordnance!

These are still available for you guys who are getting your shipping notices for the second pre-order. Details on the A-10 Mods thread.
        These decals really set off the ordinance. I have a set and took several sessions to get them all on but man, do they look good!

Mark

Comment

• LOL. Lasagna awayyyyyyy......:Scared:

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
            LOL. Lasagna awayyyyyyy......:Scared:
            Deja Vu. I think we we've been here beforeLOL

Comment

• Nothing like a frozen lasagna entree from the freezer. Brrrrrtifully good.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post

My wife is making lasagna tonight; I'll see if I can figure out a way to get it to fire out of the nose. LOL
                If you inhale rapidly with a mouth full lasagna, then rapidly exhale through your nose, you should achieve enough velocity to become the Avenger cannon!!LOLLOLLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by zorkahn View Post

These decals really set off the ordinance. I have a set and took several sessions to get them all on but man, do they look good!

Mark
                  I got mine yesterday- thanks again Pat!. It's guys like you who make this hobby.:Cool:
                  Tom

Comment

• I just bought the Freewing A-10 as my first jet! This thing looks awesome! I'm kinda hoping the heavy duty Turnigy 6s 5000 60c I just bought fit ok.

Comment

• Has anyone done this camo pattern?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                        Has anyone done this camo pattern?
                        Now that's different. Not to sure on this one as a to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          Has anyone done this camo pattern?
                          Not yet...;)

Comment

• Great scheme tj. Nice job, looks awesome mate

Comment

• Hi all,
                              Another DM 357th joins the party. A few cosmetic mods but the rest is stock. Maiden is planned for Sunday, weather permitting and provided I get the flap end point settings sorted out on the DX-18. And no, I didn't shim the stab. :Silly:Took the advice of counsel and decided it wasn't worth the risk. Elevators set to warning radar bumps.

C'mon Sunday!

Cheers,
                              Dan

Comment

• Hey Guys. I have been following this thread everyday and I saw where a few have experienced nose gear problems breaking the servo housing and lots of slack in the gear itself but I have not see any solutions.

I have broken my twice in two weeks. The first time was the maiden and I had the dreaded bounce de bounce de bounce landing. I replaced the entire front gear and made several flights with average to really good landings.

Well this evening I made three flights and the second landing was as greasy as a frogs back and I was really happy. The last landing, not so much. I came in a little slow and a little hard but the rear gear took most of the hit and as soon as it sprung back up I pushed up a little more power and let her settle in for a smooth landing. To my shock I found that the front gear servo mount broke again!!!!.
                                I was surprised because it did not look like the front gear hit that hard.

Now I will certainly take the blame for the maiden bounce de bounce gear breakage but for it to break this last time is kinda ridiculous. There has to be a better solution for this weak servo design. One would think that the metal plate would be enough to strengthen it but I can see it is not. I love the plane and the overall quality and I have absolutely not regrets buying it, but something has to be done to correct the front gear breakage.
                                Does anyone know of a different brand of front gear servo that would drop in. Maybe eflte or roban?? if so what part number? Thanks, redandblue450....The other Brent on this forum.... ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by gravity tester View Post
                                  Hi all,
                                  Another DM 357th joins the party. A few cosmetic mods but the rest is stock. Maiden is planned for Sunday, weather permitting and provided I get the flap end point settings sorted out on the DX-18. And no, I didn't shim the stab. :Silly:Took the advice of counsel and decided it wasn't worth the risk. Elevators set to warning radar bumps.

C'mon Sunday!

Cheers,
                                  Dan
                                  Looks great and no need to do anything to it, it flies so good as it is. I don't even use any flap/elev. mix at all, she won't balloon up if you slow her down a bit then lower the flaps, and don't bring it in hot, no need, those big flaps will slow her down on final and right down to a nice landing, Good Luck on your maiden..........;)

Comment

• Out of the box. Sport A10...lol
                                    Chevy yellow. Will update.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Awesome Tom! Helps to have a great wingman like Anthony! I hope to finally maiden mine in Sunday afternoon at the 114th. Grass field ops. Wind supposed to be 8 to 10 right down the runway.

Cheers,

Dave
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I admit I absolutely love this plane and want one soooo bad, but (a newbie question) why is it so inefficient? 4-5 minutes flight time with duo 6s-5000mah packs? This is the only thing holding me back from buying one.

Comment

• Draggy airframe.
                                          Its 12 pounds.
                                          One battery per fan.
                                          Other jets fly that long.
                                          HSD F16 is 2.5 to 3 min tops
                                          On 12S so A10 is pretty good.
                                          Has to keep moving....its BIG !

Plane

Comment

Working...
                                          X