Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might want to look at Roaring Tops. Given the same capacity, they are typically lighter than others. Andy provides great support and is a fellow jet jock. www.rcjetwerx.com

I'm running RT 5800's in my A-10. Nice quality.

Btw, Glaciers , Pulse and GensAce are made in the same factory.

Hawk
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
      Might want to look at Roaring Tops. Given the same capacity, they are typically lighter than others. Andy provides great support and is a fellow jet jock. www.rcjetwerx.com

I'm running RT 5800's in my A-10. Nice quality.

Btw, Glaciers , Pulse and GensAce are made in the same factory.

Hawk
      Good to know, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Loved the video! Great job to you and dahawk! Can't wait to get mine in the air.
        Thanks Dkal, and I'm still working on getting mine completed too. My problem is work-life keeps getting in the way :). Thanks for the kudos on the video!

Comment

• So, finally got it in and together in about 1 1/2 hours. Now for the days of decals. Can't say anything different than what has already been said a million times. Great plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
            That's the beauty of doing business with Motion. They'll take charge even when it's not their fault. Damage like that should be the responsibility of the shipping company. (Unless Motion switched the "FRAGILE" sticker with one that said, "INDESTRUCTIBLE".)
            Damaged or undamaged Motion always come through on my end. So, I opened it this morning and all looks great! Nice Jet, holy cow (hawg) lol

Comment

• The moment I saw this shirt, I knew it would be a good purchase :Cool:.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1388.PNG
Views:	434
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	83618

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
                So, finally got it in and together in about 1 1/2 hours. Now for the days of decals. Can't say anything different than what has already been said a million times. Great plane.
                Welcome to Hobby Squawk, rlcamden. Nice carry rack. Let us know how your maiden goes, also!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                  The moment I saw this shirt, I knew it would be a good purchase :Cool:.

Name:	IMG_1388.PNG
Views:	434
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	83618
                  Where from? I just ordered a couple Tired Iron Aviation shirts but you can never have too many cool shirts especially if they have my favorite plane on them :)

Comment

• I'm praying too Tim! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk, rlcamden. Nice carry rack. Let us know how your maiden goes, also!
                      That stand looks very familiar ;) https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...g#post37742767
                      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Where from? I just ordered a couple Tired Iron Aviation shirts but you can never have too many cool shirts especially if they have my favorite plane on them :)
                        Ha-ha, that's for sure! Below is the link to the shirt on Amazon.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                          Thanks a ton for the stand ideas and dimensions Bill. It works out great for transportation, building, and storage. I have a stand to put the jet on at the field, but this has taken its place for this particular jet since it makes it easy to put on the table, won't topple over it reasonable windy conditions, allows the plane to be inverted easily and securely, and doesn't take up too much room.

I have modified it to fit my personal needs for the stand. I have increased the length of each side holder where the plane lies so it sits higher off the stand to allow me to extend the gear fully on the table (which also meant I had to increase the height of the lateral nacelle bar), increased the width of the holders so I can fit some of my other jets in it that are wider at the fuselage points, increased the width of the stand a bit for more lateral stability, and added some cross bracing on the inside of the stand for added rigidity of the frame. The pics below are of it just loosely assembled, not secured all the way, and not glued, simply a trial fitment (you can tell in the pics, ha-ha).

Thanks again!

Name:	IMG_1390.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	83635Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1389.JPG
Views:	419
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	83636

Comment

• I really hate to let my ignorance hang out for all to see, but, is the dark gray missile in the ordinance set some version of an AGM-158 JASSM?

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                              I really hate to let my ignorance hang out for all to see, but, is the dark gray missile in the ordinance set some version of an AGM-158 JASSM?
                              The two missiles included are the AGM-65 Maverick, and the AIM-9 Sidewinder

Comment

• Well, two more flights in the books this afternoon. Another windy day. 10-15 variable winds from straight coming from the west to coming from N-NW winds. The Hog handles the wind easily. I have decided not to fly with the load out. It does put a lot of drag (IMO) on the bird. Much more agile without the load out. Thanks Callie for the MD 175th ANG livery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

The two missiles included are the AGM-65 Maverick, and the AIM-9 Sidewinder
                                  Yeah, it is actually the Sniper Targeting Pod. I guess I had never looked at one and wasn't sure what it was.

Thanks.

Comment

• I'm not an ordnancephile so forgive the lack of knowledge but does anyone know where I can get the triple bomb and pylon setup like this Mibo has? I think it would look sweet on my Arctic Thunder!

Name:	image_7217.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	460.8 KB
ID:	83647
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I can send you six bombs that would work, but would need to make a pylon for them. I plan on doing the same and have 12 and gladly give up six. I have a pylon, just need to modify it to work with six. I posted a picture earlier in the thread.

Tim T

Comment

• That would be 3 each wing.

Comment

• Oh that would be fantastic! Just PM me what you would like for cost and I'll PayPal or snail mail it over. Thank you!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X