Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    Piledrive,
    You didn't see the vid on rcg? The Navy was practicing and accidentally blew up the container ship. Thought is was a target ship.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:Scared::Scared::Sca red:

Comment

• Originally posted by petefoss View Post

The Pave Penny pod might make an easy removable camera mount. For me the coolest added option will be the vinyl engine covers (front and rear).
      I agree, that mod/addition is going to be cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

There are no covers, what you see is what it is. All of the connections plug into the control board, and that plugs into your receiver. There are no Y cables to mess with.
        I have a few planes that came with "bare servos" like this. I highly recommend painting over the exposed face of the servo. It takes only a few moments, and vastly improves the appearance. Does anybody know a matching paint?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

I have a few planes that came with "bare servos" like this. I highly recommend painting over the exposed face of the servo. It takes only a few moments, and vastly improves the appearance. Does anybody know a matching paint?
          No.............Won't know until we get one in our hands and then have HD or Lowes scan us a sample ;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

I will take one of the pylons over there this evening and get the paint code for you guys!! Lowes is right across the street from me, which is both convenient, and very dangerous!!

Comment

• I always take a small piece to my local hardware store to paint match. Works great.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

I agree, that mod/addition is going to be cool.
                How about bombs that drop. Anyone considered that?
                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• The paint matching is totally cool and amazingly cheap for how much paint you get. So far though, I have found Home Depot seems to achieve better paint match over Loews. There are a lot of variables with that though, like the employee's experience using the paint matching machine, machine being used, surface used to get the paint match from, etc. Home Depot still has done a bit better job for me, but that could just be the luck of the draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                    The paint matching is totally cool and amazingly cheap for how much paint you get. So far though, I have found Home Depot seems to achieve better paint match over Loews. There are a lot of variables with that though, like the employee's experience using the paint matching machine, machine being used, surface used to get the paint match from, etc. Home Depot still has done a bit better job for me, but that could just be the luck of the draw.
                    I've found the same to be true. Used to do the Lowes mix now am a believer on the Home Depot Behrs brand ;)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• T-Cat and OV10, Have you guys decided on a livery/paint option yet?

Comment

• Michael, how did it go together? Anything worth making note of?

Comment

• I'll throw in my endorsement for Home Depot over Lowe's for paint matching. They seem to be a bit more accurate but as T-CAT says, there are a lot of variables that go into it.
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I've found the same to be true. Used to do the Lowes mix now am a believer on the Home Depot Behrs brand ;)
                            Good to know that it may be more than just a coincidence :).

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                              T-Cat and OV10, Have you guys decided on a livery/paint option yet?
                              I'll be keeping the plane in the stock paint scheme, but just add the BlackSnakes set to it. I love the look of it! Maybe down the road I'll go for the Artic Camo paint scheme, but the whole "black paint popcorns in the sun" thing turns me away. Haha. I've had to planes now in that Artic scheme and I always have to take extra care in the sun and heat, and that's more than I already do. LOL

Comment

• I've only used Lowes, and I've been quite happy. But like everyone has said. Lost of variables at play. My last was the red/orange on my T 45. It matched perfect. Pained the exposed servos and you really can't tell them from the factory color. Interesting that so many like Home Depot, Maybe I'll use them for my Hawg! Like the old saying goes, Variety is the spice of Life! :)

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by dsa44 View Post

Hey Jetman,
                                  Will there be servo covers included?

Cheers....DSA
                                  What I have done for servo covers in the past is use some 1.2mill aluminum duct tape I have to cover the servo, then paint it. Could do the same thing with low temp film as well. Tends to look like another panel.

I have been with this thread from the beginning and would really like to have this plane, but my current unbuilt/project to do list is so long I just can't talk myself into buying it. Maybe in 2 years I can pick up one someone is tired of (as if that will ever happen)...Pete M

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                    T-Cat and OV10, Have you guys decided on a livery/paint option yet?
                                    TJ.......I gotta go with the Artic. Now if you do Desert Storm or stock grey that would be a cool mix of livery's when we give the paired showing of Warthogs during the Festival of Giants :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	A10-5.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	450.0 KB
ID:	74207
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

I'll be keeping the plane in the stock paint scheme, but just add the BlackSnakes set to it. I love the look of it! Maybe down the road I'll go for the Artic Camo paint scheme, but the whole "black paint popcorns in the sun" thing turns me away. Haha. I've had to planes now in that Artic scheme and I always have to take extra care in the sun and heat, and that's more than I already do. LOL
                                      Got to agree on the dark colors. I've got some build up film covered birds with either black or real dark green camo and the sun doesn't play well with those either. If it was earlier in the year, I might be tempted to go desert camo for visability on those cloudy days. Might go multi tone gray camo. Also really liking the Snakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

TJ.......I gotta go with the Artic. Now if you do Desert Storm or stock grey that would be a cool mix of livery's when we give the paired showing of Warthogs during the Festival of Giants :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	A10-5.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	450.0 KB
ID:	74207
                                        I agree WBC. Got to tell them apart. Still got time to think about it. The Avanti S should be knocking at the door in the couple of weeks, so that one's first. :)

Comment

• Seeing how I already have the decals for the "Arctic Thunder" scheme, I'll stick with it...I'm just hoping it will be here in time to "Dress the Pig", before any events this season. I'll maiden her naked first (he said NAKED) to shake any bugs out, not that I expect any. But you guy's know as well as I: 'STUFF HAPPENS during MAIDENS".

Comment

Working...
                                          X