X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Servo Covers
    My thoughts, this is a foamy jet. It has solid foam wings. In many composite applications, where they wing is hollow and the aircraft is very fast, the servo covers act as part of the "skin" of the wing, so they provide strength. There is also a theory that composite wings can explode like a balloon if air allowed to enter during flight or air can catch on the edges of the pocket and rip the wing apart under extreme speed. Im not sure what I think about that.

With that said, the covers are not needed at all. I do think plastic servo mounts are a nice tough IF IF IF IF they use used enough glue to hold them in. That way I can remove the servo without dinging up the foam.

Now from a aesthetic point of view, I find this jet interesting. Lots of aesthetics but then some things are more functional. For example the trailing link landing gear look silly on this jet and they are silver, but they are tough and functional.

It seems they switched directions here and there. We have missiles, purely aesthetic. So I have no idea what they were thinking when they designed this jet. Usually you see general aesthetics or general functionality mindset and this jet is all over the place.

The 80mm nacells look very "questionable" too. Way too thick. Why not offer more scale nacelles for 80mm? It seems like they plan to use the same nacelle for 90mm which is why it has extra thickness?

Comment

• Maybe up close it's somewhat low on scale fidelity for the scale connoisseurs out there . But in the air, high fidelity To me, .she's undeniably an A-10
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
        Okay so a few questions to answer this morning!! Here we go!!

Yes, the rear fuse needs to be glued to the forward. While the screw pattern for the nacelles over laps the joint, there is NO WAY I would trust friction and two screws to hold the rear of the plane on!!

Happy Landings!
        So what about accessing the tail for servo replacement...would gluing prevent being able to swap out an elevator or rudder servo in the future? Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

So what about accessing the tail for servo replacement...would gluing prevent being able to swap out an elevator or rudder servo in the future? Rob
          The servos are accessible, and the elevator and rudders are attached with screws. If you remove the elevator, you have access to the trough that runs through the fuselage, and using the included "fish" wire, you will be able to pull everything back through.

Comment

• I was wondering if I am not seeing all the detail, but it appears that all the armament has painted details, but the ECM pod does not. If not, why?
            For $549.00, you should get an ECM pod with the proper detail...

LOL... Just kidding... I am poking at these guys complaining about price, and details.
            I been doing this for 30 years, mostly building my planes from kits, too many to number.
            Just started playing with these foam planes last year, and find them pretty amazing. I always wanted an A-10 since I worked on them in the Air Force, but did not want to invest the time, and money to build one, and I have looked at a lot of them. This appears to be the best A-10 ever, for the price. Ready to go, add a receiver and fly, how can you beat that??? I am seriously considering ordering another to detail it while having the other to fly hard, and have fun with. I also have the F7, Stinger 90, and Avanti due any day... Gonna be a great summer!!!
            My personal opinion, for what it's worth...

Comment

• Really appreciate the sharing of pics and info Kloverzero. Great help for mod planning. How easy does it look like the canopy can be removed from the tub? I want to tint the two forward side windshield panels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                Really appreciate the sharing of pics and info Kloverzero. Great help for mod planning. How easy does it look like the canopy can be removed from the tub? I want to tint the two forward side windshield panels.
                It is a standard Freewing canopy install, should be pretty simple to remove. It is a bubble canopy, so the entire rim is accessible.

And it is my pleasure to help you guys out TJ, you are paying my salary after all!!!LOLLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                  I was wondering if I am not seeing all the detail, but it appears that all the armament has painted details, but the ECM pod does not. If not, why?
                  For $549.00, you should get an ECM pod with the proper detail...

LOL... Just kidding... I am poking at these guys complaining about price, and details.
                  I been doing this for 30 years, mostly building my planes from kits, too many to number.
                  Just started playing with these foam planes last year, and find them pretty amazing. I always wanted an A-10 since I worked on them in the Air Force, but did not want to invest the time, and money to build one, and I have looked at a lot of them. This appears to be the best A-10 ever, for the price. Ready to go, add a receiver and fly, how can you beat that??? I am seriously considering ordering another to detail it while having the other to fly hard, and have fun with. I also have the F7, Stinger 90, and Avanti due any day... Gonna be a great summer!!!
                  My personal opinion, for what it's worth...
                  You know, you do have to put the wrap around decals on the bombs...how awful is that??:);)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	74395
                    Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

You know, you do have to put the wrap around decals on the bombs...how awful is that??:);)

Comment

• new pic
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	A10 sitting.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	74404
                      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• I have a question for Kloverzero. How many LiPo packs would fit in the box? I have ordered 4 Admiral 5000 packs to go with the hog. To get the batteries they would have to be shipped with the A-10 in the box. It was a shipping rule i was told. I would quess it isn't much room in the box for batteries but if it is i just might order one more set of batteries. :)

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mike
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by sisaksen View Post
                            I have a question for Kloverzero. How many LiPo packs would fit in the box? I have ordered 4 Admiral 5000 packs to go with the hog. To get the batteries they would have to be shipped with the A-10 in the box. It was a shipping rule i was told. I would quess it isn't much room in the box for batteries but if it is i just might order one more set of batteries. :)
                            That's odd. Several times I have ordered planes and spare parts at the same time, and a few of those times the parts had to be sent in a separate box. But it was all covered under free shipping.
                            Pat

Comment

• Pat.............Sisaksen is from Norway, complete different set of shipping rules than for us in the states ;)
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

•  
                                BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Awesome vid... tx so much for sharing,... just a question doesn´t understand well the drilling for the blue piece and the function of it... could you give some more info about..?. Tx so much...
                                  Manolo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ULTIMATETWO View Post
                                    Awesome vid... tx so much for sharing,... just a question doesn´t understand well the drilling for the blue piece and the function of it... could you give some more info about..?. Tx so much...
                                    Manolo.
                                    They are whistles, to give the sound of the real A10 GE engines,
                                    Watch and listen to the last 20 seconds of the video and you will hear the sound while it is taxing on the ground.

Comment

• Is there a source for the whistles or do we just gut a Neff football (which I'm totally fine with)?

Comment

• Strange... It looked like the plane came with twin 80 amp Skywalker ESCs... I thought we were getting HW 100s in the PNP version?

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                          Is there a source for the whistles or do we just gut a Neff football (which I'm totally fine with)?
                                          I plan to gut a couple footballs. I Have a Nerf Vortex I got for another project and never used. They only come with three whistles so I have ordered another. Motion did a great job on the video. Very informative.

Comment

Working...
                                          X