Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh crap, look what's been started!! I was just playing off of a comment guys. Next subject, please. Did anyone notice how stout that landing gear looked? Wow!

Comment

• Dave, you're absolutely right though. Discontinued in a year or two, and expensive bad batts. (E Flite)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Thanks Shirty, and that's why I was asking about the actual wing length itself. To see if a smaller bag would suffice. This larger bag is probably overkill for the A-10 wing. I can hear "The Donald" saying "It's HUGE"!
        But that would mean it wasn't even a bag and certainly would fit over the wing unless you believed Shawn SpicerLOL Sorry, I slipped, Brad

Comment

• I like servo covers actually, little extra security to me, but anyway how do you guys get the servo out clean, I seem to make a mess of it, what is the trick to removing a glued in servo without destroying the foam?? Can't wait for this bird, I mean hog to get here....
          :Confused:;)

Comment

• One thing I want and like is plastic servo pockets. That allows the servo to sit in and can even be glued into the plastic servo pocket for security. When removed, it's good to go because the servo pocket is plastic. However, I'm just "so-so" about the servo pocket covers, the little plastic screwed on covers sometimes don't fit well and cause the servo to shift about in the pocket. That's just my experience on some of them, obviously not all of them. I'd just like to have plastic servo pockets and the servos glued in, but no covers on top of them. LOL LOL:Cool:

Comment

• Here's a simple cover for those that just want it add a surface that acts like a panel line as well. Can be cut to fit if needed. It's from the Freewing F-86, and is probably close to the needed color. And of course can be painted over. It's out of stock right now, but I'll probably pick up a few when back in stock.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                I like servo covers actually, little extra security to me, but anyway how do you guys get the servo out clean, I seem to make a mess of it, what is the trick to removing a glued in servo without destroying the foam?? Can't wait for this bird, I mean hog to get here....
                :Confused:;)
                This was just asked less than a month ago over on another thread and I can't remember which one it was to point you to it but I do remember them saying Ronson(Zippo) lighter fluid is the trick. ;)

I found it..........here's the link:
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Nothing up his sleeve, presto :Ligthbulb:. The amazing WC :Win:. CVSP still on my mind :ov10

Comment

• Anthony,

Thanks for posting the servo covers. I do like the plastic pockets too.Wish the A-10 had them.

Also, OV , thanks for posting the Zippo lighter fluid tip.
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                      Nothing up his sleeve, presto :Ligthbulb:. The amazing WC :Win:. CVSP still on my mind :ov10
                      LOL
                      Twowingtj has his Festival of Giants happening in August, so it would be a good excuse for Westies CVSP excursion ;)
                      Stay tuned to this thread.
                      Four Full Days of Giant Scale Fun!! The Binghamton Aeros have hosted one of the largest Giant Scale Fun Flys in the Northeastern US for the last 31 years.
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by dsa44 View Post

Hey Ultimate.....Beautiful finish! Is that the old Starmax 1600 P47??
                        Tx so much buddy...actually is the Top Flite ARF 60 Jug..

Comment

• Okay so a few questions to answer this morning!! Here we go!!

Yes, the rear fuse needs to be glued to the forward. While the screw pattern for the nacelles over laps the joint, there is NO WAY I would trust friction and two screws to hold the rear of the plane on!!

The wings are 29 1/4 long and 15 1/4 at the landing gear pod

The board is screwed to a plywood plate with 4 screws, and could be removed, but there is really no where else for it to go. The batteries have everything forward of it taken up, and the fuselage interior wall is right behind it(not that you would want to go any further back with it!!) I only had difficulty with the two end connectors, one is the light connector for the strobe on the tail, and the other is one of the elevators. I found that if I removed the one next to it and then plugged it in, it was easier to sandwich the removed connector between two others, than to try to get the end one in with the rest plugged in.

As far as removing glued in servos goes, I grab the edges of the servo body with a pair of channel locks, and gently twist until the glue joint breaks free. I wind up with two very small indentions at the edge of the servo hole, but that is the only damage I get. Also, instead of removing the servo lead tape that covers the wires, I will make a slit in it with my X-acto, remove the wire, hold the slit apart with a dental tool that I have as I place the new wire in, and then use "invisible" Scotch tape to cover the slit.

Hope I have covered everything for you guys!!
                          Happy Landings!

Comment

• Have you had a chance to fly it yet?

Comment

• Nice tips... tx so much...

Comment

• Cheers Michael.

Comment

• Thanks Mike!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                    Have you had a chance to fly it yet?
                                    I was planning on doing the maiden at lunch today, but the 15-30 winds moved in sooner than expected. They are not going to let up until maybe Sunday. So, she sits and waits for calmer skies!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

I was planning on doing the maiden at lunch today, but the 15-30 winds moved in sooner than expected. They are not going to let up until maybe Sunday. So, she sits and waits for calmer skies!!
                                      I hear ya'. It is howling here as well not to far North of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
                                        Okay so a few questions to answer this morning!! Here we go!!

.......................................The board is screwed to a plywood plate with 4 screws, and could be removed, but there is really no where else for it to go. The batteries have everything forward of it taken up, and the fuselage interior wall is right behind it(not that you would want to go any further back with it!!) I only had difficulty with the two end connectors, one is the light connector for the strobe on the tail, and the other is one of the elevators. I found that if I removed the one next to it and then plugged it in, it was easier to sandwich the removed connector between two others, than to try to get the end one in with the rest plugged in.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hope I have covered everything for you guys!!
                                        Happy Landings!
                                        Michael, I guess I wasn't clear but I wasn't inquiring about moving the location of the board unless someone else did. I was only inquiring if it could easily be removed to make the plug connections then replaced since you mentioned it was difficult to get to for installing the plugs.

Thanks for the responses!
                                        Bryan

Comment

• For those who will use Callie Graphics Pennsylvania Black Hogs decals. Here are the photos I have found so far. Please post any that you have that are different!

Comment

Working...
                                          X