First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed my maiden flight today!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Video of my second flight. See if you notice anything strange. I don't think it is a big deal, but its there.....

As for my setup I am running both my 5500 6s packs as far back as they can go on the trays they are suppose to sit on. I am also using all the elevator throw that the A-10 can get. This also goes for the Flaps, rudder and ailerons. Even at these high rates she handles just fine. Just make sure you run around 30-45% expo. DONT RUN MORE THAN 50% though! I see this mistake too many times running higher expo.... It actually makes it worst honestly.
      I would personally like to make each aileron go in a separate channel so I can flip a switch and both ailerons go up and the flaps go down. Going to put a few more flights on her before I make that mod though. So far I am loving this plane.

Comment

• Beautiful... Nice pics n vid mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by garlandk View Post
          Completed my maiden flight today!
          Great flight. Awesome!

Comment

https://youtu.be/N1DGveQDeos
            Video of my second flight. See if you notice anything strange. I don't think it is a big deal, but its there.....

As for my setup I am running both my 5500 6s packs as far back as they can go on the trays they are suppose to sit on. I am also using all the elevator throw that the A-10 can get. This also goes for the Flaps, rudder and ailerons. Even at these high rates she handles just fine. Just make sure you run around 30-45% expo. DONT RUN MORE THAN 50% though! I see this mistake too many times running higher expo.... It actually makes it worst honestly.
            I would personally like to make each aileron go in a separate channel so I can flip a switch and both ailerons go up and the flaps go down. Going to put a few more flights on her before I make that mod though. So far I am loving this plane.
            Had to watch the video a couple times, but the only thing I noticed was nothing hanging on the wings maybe a little wing flex. ??

Comment

• Originally posted by buffetbob View Post

T-Cat,
              Yes, to all. Still beeps. Dbl checked wiring and connections too. Just wondering if I'm missing something basic. May pull the pod off tomorrow and check wiring. If you have any other thoughts I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
              Bob

I experienced the exact same thing. Neither ESC would initialize. Both would simply give the beep....beep...beep tone. Tried everything you described. Checked orientation of wire connections, rebinding the receiver, etc. Then I switched to another receiver to check if the original receiver was bad. Bingo! Everything works perfectly now. Unfortunately the second receiver is only a 6 channel so I have to wait on the new ordered 9 channel to arrive. Hope this helps.
              Last edited by JTClark; Jun 7, 2017, 06:03 AM. Reason: spell check

Comment

Completed my maiden flight today!
                Great pictures...welcome to Hobby Squawk!

TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• TJ,
                  Thanks. That's my last resort today. I'll get a 9 channel today and give it a shot!

Bob
                  Originally posted by JTClark View Post

I experienced the exact same thing. Neither ESC would initialize. Both would simply give the beep....beep...beep tone. Tried everything you described. Checked orientation of wire connections, rebinding the receiver, etc. Then I switched to another receiver to check if the original receiver was bad. Bingo! Everything works perfectly now. Unfortunately the second receiver is only a 6 channel so I have to wait on the new ordered 9 channel to arrive. Hope this helps.

Comment

• T-Cat,
                    thanks. I did rebind to no avail. Also trim is all the way down. Reluctant to reverse throttle but may try full throttle then I can pull back if all hell breaks loose. Getting new rcvr today so I'll see if that is the cause. Thanks again everyone for the assist.

bob

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

I would try rebinding the receiver to the radio first. If that doesn't work, maybe the ESC's need to be calibrated. EDFjetpilot mentioned above that it's possible something is strange with the throttle channel. Is your trim at something other than zero?

Comment

https://youtu.be/N1DGveQDeos
                      Video of my second flight. See if you notice anything strange. I don't think it is a big deal, but its there.....

I've watched it a couple of times as well and nothing strikes me as odd yet. But it's a great way to increase views on your channel :Cool:.

But now that dang song is stuck in my head! GREAT!!

Comment

• Glad you finally got yours Shirty! And welcome to the Squawk garlandk...Sweet pics!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                          Woohoo!!! Sorry I'm that excited I'll have to say it again... woohoo!!!

thank you motion. :)

No offence mum, (and I do really appreciate the socks and undies, they're great!), but I like this birthday present I got myself better....

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1198.JPG Views:	1 Size:	111.4 KB ID:	79787
                          Congrats Shirty! You received yours almost as fast as the west coast did. Can't wait to see your flight videos of it!

Comment

• It's the fuse flex. I don't see it being a problem but will be keeping a close eye on it just in case.

Comment

• Thanx for pointing that out about the "Fuse-Flex". Nothing a little C.F. couldn't help....Here's some photo's taken yesterday before decals were applied. Decals were finished last night, and I will post photo's shortly. Maiden planned for Thursday, as long as "The Spirit's are Friendly"......:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                                Got these in today! Dont particularly care for the way they sculpted the arms on the pilot, but it'll do. probably shouldve just ordered the seat itself and used an action figure or something. got my book in too for some crazy detailing .... what sucks is, we have to put everything in storage next week to put our house on the market...so my A10 will have to sit in the box for well over a month possibly till we settle into our new home.
                                Hey TS...What is the name of that book you used for detail? It looks like it has some awesome pics! Rob

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by buffetbob View Post
                                    T-Cat,
                                    thanks. I did rebind to no avail. Also trim is all the way down. Reluctant to reverse throttle but may try full throttle then I can pull back if all hell breaks loose. Getting new rcvr today so I'll see if that is the cause. Thanks again everyone for the assist.

bob

The only radio that I know for sure requires reverse on the throttle for electric use is Futaba.
                                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Nice! You're the first to do the AA scheme...Hopefully I will be the second!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looks great! I hope it does well in the sun.

Comment

• Could someone who has added decals to their ordnance please post pics of the ordnance removed from the plane? There are no application instructions included in the kit for this. Also, if you've added your own stencils to them, please provide some close up pics of that as well. Thanks!
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X