First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he's going to need a whole pan of lasagna after that. LOL
    Pat

Comment

• So I got mine built yesterday. After standing back once completed I looked at the fans and something was stuck behind the starboard fan blades, it was the caps. No biggie but meant I had to remove the whole nacelle unit so I could get to the last screw to spilt the nacelle open. Interesting to discover these are not the metal housing fans of old but a composite plastic/nylon housing. Really pleased that has been changed as I have Been thinking for ages how these FW fan units are so heavy compared to other composite ones. So no gripes and at least I made a pleasing discovery after I popped the caps back under the fan.
      I know it's been said a lot on this thread but the build quality of this jet is just outstanding. It feels so solid and really substantial. Can't wait to get to fly her, hopefully over the weekend.
      Happy landings hog Drivers!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Give us a picture if you can and then get yourself a nice big piece of Lasagna after that. I will be attempting the Black Snakes on my ARF+ so i am looking for success stories with it. The pictures of the production model on MRC website show the left side looking OK but "permagrin" on the right.
        Mine is definitely no prize winning application, ha-ha. However, it is flat and for the most part unwrinkled, just high on the nose area. I had to keep the decal with water on it constantly, and dunked my fingers in water as well to keep it from sticking to my fingers and kept running water from my fingers over the decal as well. I had to lift the decal up and down a few times to get it smooth and unwrinkled, and I left a majority of it on the paper to kept it flat easier to adjust. One thing I found good for reference is to lay the area of the nose of the snake down first and keep it within view as you adjust other areas, as that nose area is on the dots of the nose cone. I'll get some pictures tonight when I'm home from work. I may have some already on my phone, and if I do I'll post them here.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
          I think he's going to need a whole pan of lasagna after that. LOL
          LOL LOL! I'm going to eat an Army's worth of Lasagna after that decal adventure.

Comment

• I'm hoping the self Decal ordeal is a US thing & that the batches for the rest of the world will come already applied..I have no favourite Squadron as long as I don't have to do it.. Sounds totally painful..:)Time better spent Brrrrrrrttttting..LOL

Comment

• Are all the decals water slide ???

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                I'm hoping the self Decal ordeal is a US thing & that the batches for the rest of the world will come already applied..I have no favourite Squadron as long as I don't have to do it.. Sounds totally painful..:)Time better spent Brrrrrrrttttting..LOL
                Worthless and weak, drop and give me 20.

Comment

• Man my patience is really being tested with these decals! It's been years since I have had to apply decals to model planes and these are a combo of water slide decals and sticker decals. Not to mention there are hundreds to apply! But the Warthog is really coming to life with everyone I apply.

Then it dawned on me that because of the 3 livery options, any replacement part purchased will require a new set of decals applied to that part! :Angry: Hope i never need a replacement part! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by JTClark View Post
                    Man my patience is really being tested with these decals! It's been years since I have had to apply decals to model planes and these are a combo of water slide decals and sticker decals. Not to mention there are hundreds to apply! But the Warthog is really coming to life with everyone I apply.

Then it dawned on me that because of the 3 livery options, any replacement part purchased will require a new set of decals applied to that part! :Angry: Hope i never need a replacement part! LOL
                    There are quite a few of us that would be more than happy to send you the decals that we aren't going to use. I'm not going to use any of the livery options in mine. I'll use the small stuff only. I'll send them on my dime.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

Worthless and weak, drop and give me 20.
                      Done that 20 plus 20 extra for good measure :).. Just a Pet hate & from reading a few posts sounds like I'm not the only one..:).. Hope you're on the mend ..:Cool:

Comment

• With decals on any plane, if I can't see them when the thing goes wizzing by, even on a low, slow pass, I don't bother with them, especially tiny little water slide ones. On the bench, nobody gives a hoot about the missing itty bitty ones anyways. When at home, it's taken apart and hanging in a place where nobody can see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

LOL LOL! I'm going to eat an Army's worth of Lasagna after that decal adventure.
                          Lol guess I'm a little slow I just associated T-CAT with Garfield on the Lasagna comment.

Comment

• I know I saw a picture on one of the 4 squawk and rcgroups of a typical elevator trim position but I'll be switched if I can find it! HELP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                              Got my shipping notification today! Whoo! Arctic Aggressor #2 coming up!
                              Is this notice for pre-order #2 or late shipping from 1st batch? Please say second batch:)

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                                With decals on any plane, if I can't see them when the thing goes wizzing by, even on a low, slow pass, I don't bother with them, especially tiny little water slide ones. On the bench, nobody gives a hoot about the missing itty bitty ones anyways. When at home, it's taken apart and hanging in a place where nobody can see it.
                                Looks like it's the nose art & Rudder Decals that are of importance.. Sounds like a plan..Makes life that much easier..Though the Scale Police will be citing you on that LOL

Comment

• Just a quick shout-out here to Motion....I ordered some various parts and it shipped within 28 minutes of me placing the order :Scared::Scared::Scared:. Excellent job folks, and thanks a ton!

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post

Lol guess I'm a little slow I just associated T-CAT with Garfield on the Lasagna comment.
                                    Hahahaha!

Comment

• The decals are a pain but since I didn't have any lasagna I took two days so I kept calm and declared on until it was done. You're correct, they only matter when on the bench but since mine spend most of it's time on the bench then damn the torpedo...I mean decals and so be it. I did find after doing my weather job where I used a bit too much paint you can take denatured alcohol and fix any spots that don't look right. The base paint does a nice job of staying put if you're using the acrylic paint like Tamaya and such. Heading off to maiden tomorrow as it looks like FL will get a day off of rain since it's been raining almost non-stop for 6 days. Kinda feels like Wash state a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                        Got my shipping notification today! Whoo! Arctic Aggressor #2 coming up!
                                        Grats Todd. Woohoo!!! :)

nice maiden mike, enjoyed the vid, nice one mate.

Comment

• Aros is going Artic! Yeehaw!

Comment

Working...
                                          X