Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my FW A-10 all dressed up, my favorite has always been the Warthog look and I was glad Freewing included these decals just for me, oh, I named her Pumba, with one a....;)

I'm still in shock, I left for town this morning and came back to a little one!!!!!................:Confused::)
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
      My buddy Steve who is full time retired had his finished and ready for maiden this morning. I stood next to him for the maiden to offer moral support since it need no trim adjustments.
      2nd flight I ran camera and shot some video along with a few photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01996.JPG
Views:	689
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	80523Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01999.JPG
Views:	663
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	80521Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01995.JPG
Views:	695
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	80522
      Great flight and compliments to the videographer.

Comment

• Originally posted by petefoss View Post

Nice rack! Hmm sounds like a pickup line!
        Funny dude for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legman01 View Post

Three Mk 82s on a TER is a more realistic load out. I don't ever remember carrying 6 on one station.
          This particular bomb rack was for the FW A-6. I'll have to modify it for three or just use what the kit came with.

Comment

• Can't get them from US warehouse. So now I'll have (2) 76cm bags. Oh well.
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Yeah, the US warehouse only has the hugeeeee wing bags, or the smallest offered (76cm). All the other sizes don't ship to the US from the other warehouses. That's a bummer. Then again, at least the 76cm bags work like a charm, but need two so one for each wing.

Comment

• Got 4 more great flights on the Hog this morning. And I have another idea to help get cooling air into the battery bay. My mod worked a little, the batteries were not as hot as when I did the maiden, but still quite warm. Will post that on the modifications thread when done.
                Pat

Comment

• A couple things to note that I experienced during assembly:

- The flap servos were actually lined up incredibly well from the factory, which I was pleasantly surprised about. However, the manual calls for the inboard and outboard flaps pushrod to be placed in the third servo horn. Arranged in that manner, the inboard flaps didn't come close to lining up properly with the outboard flaps. When I used the second hole on the servo horn on the inboard flaps, but kept the outboard flaps on the third hole, all the flaps line up great :Cool:.

- The manual calls for the smaller flap pushrod (63mm) to be used on the inboard flaps, and the longer (76mm) pushrod to be placed on the outboard flaps. I found it to be the opposite, and seems like others also agree. The 76mm pushrod goes on the inboard flaps, and the 63mm pushrod goes on the outboard flaps.

- I am using two 900g (roughly) LiPo's with the Freewing 80mm 12-blade fan 1820kv inrunner motor power systems. There is very little chance I would have been able to achieve the correct CG with LiPo's this heavy had I been using the lighter stock power systems. That's just something to keep in mind. With the way I have it now, my LiPo's are virtually as far aft as they can go and just barely hit the 78mm CG mark with the plane inverted and gear down.

- Remember to sync your ESC's by performing a throttle calibration. They'll spin at much more consistent start and stop phases, sound more synced in the air, and provide proper power output with throttle stick movement. Here's how I did that: Turn on transmitter (assuming your RX is already binded and model is selected properly), place throttle stick to maximum, plug in one LiPo to the ESC wires that DOES NOT have the BEC leads soldered it them, then plug in the second LiPo to the ESC wires that DOES have the BEC wires soldered to them, listen for the quick beeps, immediately put throttle stick to minimum (the moment the short beeps are completed you must put the throttle to minimum or the ESC's will begin to go into programming mode and you likely aren't trying to do that), listen for the beeps, then it will initialize by beeping again but with the LiPo cell count, followed by its end beeps to signify the throttle calibration has been performed. ***side note, ensure the correct direction of rotation of the fans by making sure air is coming out the rear of the nacelles, not the front of one or both nacelles :)).***

I have no idea if that all is going to help anyone, but if it helps save someone some time, it's all good. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by sisaksen View Post
                    Don't throw away the shipping box!!! If you don't have a transport cradle you can make one from the insulation the plane came in. I re-used the foam from the front part of the fuselage,hold down for the nacelles and the foam the cockpit part came in.
                    In upright condition it's a great transport cradle and upside down it makes a great assembly cradle. It weighs just about nothing and it is totally free to make! :)
                    That is some good thinking!

Comment

• Great idea on the box foam for a holder!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                        Great idea on the box foam for a holder!
                        Now let's eat lasagna. Another week and a half of intravenous antibiotics 3 times a day. I'll have to administer at the Jet Jam. Ugh. On a good note, I did all the the measurements for Callie Graphics on my one of a kind RED DEVILS scheme and sent. Will be interesting to see the end result.

Comment

• Over 20mph winds today. I did not fly. But! I finished detailing for the most part, and hadn't taken any photos. Here's the photos.
                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Got my decals from Callie today and applied the fin flashes and squadron emblems. Looks much better now. Will get some good daylights pics tomorrow.

I did the Dragons of the 357th FS out of Davis-Monthan.
                            Pat

Comment

• Looks Great Lon! I'm doing mine in the BlackSnakes also. Hope to start on it next week.

Comment

• I really wasn't very pleased with the way the Avenger cannon looked on my model, so I decided to work on it. I mean, its all about the BRRRRT, right?
                                What's point of having such a beautiful model if the cannon looks like crap? TiredIron GRB, your rotating version is amazing!
                                So I carefully bored out the barrel holes to embiggen them, to a scale 30mm ;) then I painted it flat black. I left the inside of the barrels unpainted for contrast.
                                Maybe I'll paint the inside a gun-metal color later. Sorry I don't have a "before" shot but I think this looks pretty good. Better than what I started with anyway. A small detail.

Its too bad that there aren't any actual barrels inside. And the cooling holes are weird, some of them are cut sideways. Maybe some enterprising fellow will make a 3D-printed replacement that we can insert brass gun barrels into....

And yes I know that I left a toothless gap. I'll fix that with some paint! I'm not done yet!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	41.6 KB ID:	80619

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Or use a Freewing 1450mm P-51 LED controller, works perfect.
                                  I have a spare FW F-16 circuit board. Will that do the trick? Still haven't put mine all together yet as I'm waiting on doing the paint first then assemble.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                    Got my FW A-10 all dressed up, my favorite has always been the Warthog look and I was glad Freewing included these decals just for me, oh, I named her Pumba, with one a....;)

I'm still in shock, I left for town this morning and came back to a little one!!!!!................:Confused::)
                                    Big contrast. Big momma had a little brrt.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

I have a spare FW F-16 circuit board. Will that do the trick? Still haven't put mine all together yet as I'm waiting on doing the paint first then assemble.
                                      It might but the joy of the P-51 gear door sequencer is you can set it either way by just moving the connector but if you don't think you will ever need to have the door close with the gear down then yes it probably would work.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                        I really wasn't very pleased with the way the Avenger cannon looked on my model, so I decided to work on it. I mean, its all about the BRRRRT, right?
                                        What's point of having such a beautiful model if the cannon looks like crap? TiredIron GRB, your rotating version is amazing!
                                        So I carefully bored out the barrel holes to embiggen them, to a scale 30mm ;) then I painted it flat black. I left the inside of the barrels unpainted for contrast.
                                        Maybe I'll paint the inside a gun-metal color later. Sorry I don't have a "before" shot but I think this looks pretty good. Better than what I started with anyway. A small detail.

Its too bad that there aren't any actual barrels inside. And the cooling holes are weird, some of them are cut sideways. Maybe some enterprising fellow will make a 3D-printed replacement that we can insert brass gun barrels into....

And yes I know that I left a toothless gap. I'll fix that with some paint! I'm not done yet!

Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	41.6 KB ID:	80619
                                        What size drill bit did you​ use?

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                          I really wasn't very pleased with the way the Avenger cannon looked on my model, so I decided to work on it. I mean, its all about the BRRRRT, right?

Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	41.6 KB ID:	80619
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X