Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four sets of packs charged and ready for tomorrow!
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      TomPatton, here's another picture from a different angle from RCjetdude. Essentially the same position as TiredIronGRB posted:

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...9597#post79597

Also, to follow up on those asking if the forward nose door can stay open while the nose gear is deployed, here's something we've worked on at the factory that will allow that functionality. To be clear, if your A-10 door currently closes with the nose gear deployed, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS MOD. I'm still testing it to verify that it really is as simple as soldering a jumper wire between these two points, and doesn't require a re-flash of the board itself. If and when I verify it's that simple, then I'll post it here and the handful of us who want that functionality can decide if they want to attempt the soldering job. Even then, attempting this mod will void the board's warranty. I'm more so showing it just to demonstrate another example of us trying to incorporate customer feedback into our aircraft. We can't always chase down the rabbit hole on every request, but we do try to tackle a fair amount of them.

I hope you're enjoying my little bird, everyone! :D
      Or use a Freewing 1450mm P-51 LED controller, works perfect.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Cannon mod...I'll post more pictures once everything is painted.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170603_205758910_iOS.jpg Views:	2 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	80412

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170609_170002353_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	80409

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170609_193351552_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	175.5 KB ID:	80411

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170609_192934912_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	80410

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11282.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	80408
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hey guys, thanks for the quick responses...
          Looks like I got it right...

Comment

• The gun, wow, that's way cool!

Comment

• Finally broke into my B1RD tonight. Taking all the measurements for Callie for the Red Devils Special graphics for the Centennial at Selfridge ANG Base Michigan in August. I have to find an olive drab paint I can use and, prefer to spray it on. Suggestions?

Comment

• The bomb rack in temporary position. Any comments from the peanut gallery? Hard to place as the flaps hit the fins.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                  The bomb rack in temporary position. Any comments from the peanut gallery? Hard to place as the flaps hit the fins.
                  Cool, but I think it would look better if you centered one cluster on each wing.

Comment

• Originally posted by afjetmech View Post

Cool, but I think it would look better if you centered one cluster on each wing.
                    I was thinking the same after I posted. Doooe

Comment

• Here is my second flight. Had my camera man standing by me for the first in case of any issues. None whatsoever. A few clicks of up and left trim and she was hands off at half throttle in no time. This landing was a little hotter as my headwind died, but aside from a small nose gear hop, it was pretty smooth. First landing was a total greaser with the slight headwind I had. Used half flaps for both landings and none on takeoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdance64 View Post
                        Here is a video from Wednesday of my 3rd flight. Unfortunately the low passes weren't in focus. :-( At least the take-off and landing are there :-) Since there are not that many videos showing the A-10 from grass, I think that it's still worthwhile. Both landing and take-off were at half-flaps. Charging the batteries up for tomorrow morning :-)
                        video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Brent
                        Nice Brent, glad to see a grass field flight-I too, have a grass field that I fly on:Cool:

Comment

• Hey guys, I've been lurking here for quite a while but never contribute. I've posted this video in the other forum and really wanted to share it with everyone because I think I've got a few pretty good ideas for adding functional photo electric formation strips and canopy RCS coatings. I hope some of you enjoy these ideas, I know I've sure picked up a lot of good info from all of you and just wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks! Enjoy

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            TomPatton, here's another picture from a different angle from RCjetdude. Essentially the same position as TiredIronGRB posted:

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...9597#post79597

I hope you're enjoying my little bird, everyone! :D
                            Congratulations Alpha! It must be very satisfying to see everyone enjoying the fruits of your labor of love! We appreciate all you did to perfect this tribute to such a great plane!!!! Rob

Comment

• I took a screen capture of Ryan's video of the A-10 flight(s). It shows the elevator position well in it. You can zoom in a lot too and see it more clearly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0997.PNG
Views:	265
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	80471

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

Congratulations Alpha! It must be very satisfying to see everyone enjoying the fruits of your labor of love! We appreciate all you did to perfect this tribute to such a great plane!!!! Rob
                                +1... Hey Alpha.. What's on the menu after the Lechon??:)LOL

Comment

• Put details of my ordnance decals on the Modifications thread:

I'll be selling these soon for anyone who wants them.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Got her painted tonight and a little weathering done so I was thinking of slapping on these decals
                                    what is the consensus?? Are they ok or should I wait and get a set from Callie??

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
                                      Got her painted tonight and a little weathering done so I was thinking of slapping on these decals
                                      what is the consensus?? Are they ok or should I wait and get a set from Callie??
                                      Outstanding! Looks really good. I used a combination of both on mine with more of them being hers. I did use the shark teeth nose are water slide from the kit but most of the rest are hers. But then I did do the plane specific to the tail numbers in her Euro green Tiger Sharks set. Not all of them bore nose art though so it depends on what you are going for.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3IFM View Post
                                        Hey guys, I've been lurking here for quite a while but never contribute. I've posted this video in the other forum and really wanted to share it with everyone because I think I've got a few pretty good ideas for adding functional photo electric formation strips and canopy RCS coatings. I hope some of you enjoy these ideas, I know I've sure picked up a lot of good info from all of you and just wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks! Enjoy
                                        Nice job! Some seriously cool mod ideas there man. I would consider adding some CF strips in the weakest part of the fuse as outlined (the walls of the battery compartment)...Enjoyed the vid!

My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Managed to get an evening maiden flight and a follow up flight yesterday.
                                          It was nearly a very short flight as I flew near the setting sun and needed to trim left a little, ended up coming out of the sun rolling over and looping getting close to the ground :Scared:
                                          After sorting the trimming it was a very relaxed flight. I landed with half flaps and settled in lovely. Second flight I landed with full flaps and it did bounce a little, three small hops. I think you've got to be very smooth on the mains touch down to get the real nice greasers.
                                          Great plane, everybody was impressed at the club especially with it non foam like appearance.
                                          An absolute winner indeed :Cool:

oh and the fans sound even better first hand, rather than through a video :a10

Comment

Working...
                                          X