X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by karasr View Post
    I just got the nerf vortes footballs and got the three whistles out and they are covered with foam. They seem to be glued in! so far it has taken me an hour. This is down right silly.
    Hey MOTION. Why don't you buy a lot of a thousand from China for less than I paid for my two footballs--$50.00-- and throw them in the jet kits. So charge and extra buck.
    Still can't get rid of the foam.
    HELP!
    I have a friend that is a woodworker, I took them to him and he used a belt sander to clean them up. Had that not been an option for me I would have used a sharp knife and whittled away at them.

Comment

• FWIW, I used the small and medium whistles in mine, not the medium and large. Personally, I think the small and medium give a better "turbofan whine" sound. You can hear my whistles all the way up to about half throttle. Half throttle passes over the runway sound AWESOME!
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

I have a friend that is a woodworker, I took them to him and he used a belt sander to clean them up. Had that not been an option for me I would have used a sharp knife and whittled away at them.
        That's what I did, just used a sharp knife and trimmed away.
        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
          FWIW, I used the small and medium whistles in mine, not the medium and large. Personally, I think the small and medium give a better "turbofan whine" sound. You can hear my whistles all the way up to about half throttle. Half throttle passes over the runway sound AWESOME!
          I've already have the Model Sounds Inc. system two speakers and whistles so my decision is which to go with or both.

Comment

• Some one check my math I have this calculated at close to 10th scale.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

Callie is going to be busy with this one.
              You got that right. I was trying to figure out which livery when I was at my field and a club member told me that the 104th NG unit was an A-10 unit. Not very flashy, but it is my home state. I know of 4 Hawgs at my field so they should have a ready market, not including the other clubs in Maryland

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

I've already have the Model Sounds Inc. system two speakers and whistles so my decision is which to go with or both.
                I would say if you use the sound card, the whistles are unnecessary.
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                  Some one check my math I have this calculated at close to 10th scale.

Mike
                  About 1/10 scale is correct, and is what Motion has stated as well.
                  Pat

Comment

• Just realized that the unit can be turned upside down to act as a cradle for assembly and disassembly at the field. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170612_104727.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	80908

Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                    This is a transportation/storage holder I had made for the plane. It allows all of the wing pylons to remain in place. I pinch the pitot tube between one of the battery velcro straps and place the wing tubes in the cockpit area. I also screw the wing mounting screws back into the wings for storage. The plane is entirely self contained for easy storage and transport, sans the armament.

The cords with the carabiners, act as a carrying handle and also as a mounting point to suspend the plane from the ceiling.

Comment

FWIW, I used the small and medium whistles in mine, not the medium and large. Personally, I think the small and medium give a better "turbofan whine" sound. You can hear my whistles all the way up to about half throttle. Half throttle passes over the runway sound AWESOME!
                      I haven't put mine in yet, that's tonight's project. I may go medium and small if it sounds better to you.

Comment

• The good thing is that you don't glue the whistles in, so you can swap them out and listen for yourself to determine which sounds better.
                        Pat

Comment

• Not sure what the hype is about as when I fly mine I hear a whistle sound anyway. Did someone post a vid with the whistles? I don't see where they are needed but I may.be wrong.

Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

Comment

• Here's my maiden video from Wednesday with the whistles. A friend of mine showed up with his yesterday (no whistles), and I could definitely tell a difference. Even the peanut gallery commented about how different mine sounds, and love the whistle sound. However, the whistles become ineffective at about half throttle and above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9aO...z4xiyzxdpxqc0k
                            Pat

Comment

• 103 degrees, yuck! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                103 degrees, yuck! :)
                                90's here and windy. Got the email back from Callie and is ready to make the graphics, funds sent.

Comment

• Yeah, in the summer we pay for the nice weather we have during the winter. Summer is build season in the desert southwest. ;)
                                  Pat

Comment

• Here is my carrying cradle and setup rig for the A-10. I am able to put this into the van sideways with it tied to the passenger seat to keep it from moving. I can flip the plane upside down to attach the wings, let down the gear and just work on the plane without having to bend down.

Maryland Air National Guard Livery has been ordered!!!!! Hope it is here in time for our fly-in on the 24th!!!!

Comment

• Finished my graphics!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170612_183137624_iOS.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	80937 ​​​​​​
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Yeah, in the summer we pay for the nice weather we have during the winter. Summer is build season in the desert southwest. ;)
                                        I know as I was in Tuscon for 4 years on a job. Get to the field at 6am done by 11.

Comment

• This is the pilot I'll be using for the FW A-10. He is posable, and can be made to fit. Cutting it may be necessary. I purchased the pilot from Warbird Pilots.

Comment

Working...
                                          X