X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post

Those are the old style Admiral 5000"s, if you got the new longer ones they will not fit properly on top rail. I am mixing mine with longer new ones on bottom and older ones on top...
    Hey TomPatton, thanks for pointing that out.Does anybody have the C.G.established and maidened the plane with two of the NEW admiral 5000s. Aros had great info on that but he is using the old style batteries. The new ones are a full inch longer! Thanks, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post

That's close to where my Admirals are. The top one is flush with the step down. The lower one the end of the battery is lined up with the 2nd long oval on the wooden tray. Flys great, I have 5 flights on her.
      Hey DrDeath, are they the new admirals or the old style?

Comment

• G'day fellas. Mines almost done too. How much do those admirals weigh? Will just give me a idea on where to try and fit the graphenes at 923 grams each. Thanks. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

move the control board back, you can easily slide it back and put the two front screws in the two rear screw holes in the fuse then you won't need to stack them like that.
          That did it, thanks!

Comment

• Just looking at the ordinance which one gets what decal? Is that covered somewhere? Wasn't really interested in the ordinance, unless of coarse you can launch them, but it sounds like it might help with orientation during flight. Brad

Comment

• Well today was day 1 out our 3 day Jet event up in Ottawa. Needless to say the A-10 attracted alot of attention even among the turbines :-) I knew that my friend Larry would come through with some amazing photos of the A-10. I will share 2 of them with everyone here.

I also include a shot of my A-10 without the pylons or stores attached for comparison. I really prefer to have the A-10 fully loaded. Thankfully with the stock power, i don't really notice flying with them. I still have tons of power and can do nice big loops and zip by on a low pass.

What a great day!

Brent

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                Just looking at the ordinance which one gets what decal? Is that covered somewhere? Wasn't really interested in the ordinance, unless of coarse you can launch them, but it sounds like it might help with orientation during flight. Brad
                Brad,

See my post here: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...0349#post80349
                Pat

Comment

• Nice pics Brent! I love the last one with the sun glaring off the canopy.
                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdance64 View Post
                    Well today was day 1 out our 3 day Jet event up in Ottawa. Needless to say the A-10 attracted alot of attention even among the turbines :-) I knew that my friend Larry would come through with some amazing photos of the A-10. I will share 2 of them with everyone here.

I also include a shot of my A-10 without the pylons or stores attached. I really prefer to have it fully loaded. Thankfully with the stock power, i don't really notice flying with them. I still have tons of power and can do nice big loops and zip by on a low pass.

What a great day!

Brent
                    Looking good.

Comment

Hey TomPatton, thanks for pointing that out.Does anybody have the C.G.established and maidened the plane with two of the NEW admiral 5000s. Aros had great info on that but he is using the old style batteries. The new ones are a full inch longer! Thanks, Brad
                      I'm using both the old and new version Admirals. I line up both with the back edge of their battery tray. The new ones will touch each other, but will fit.

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                        G'day fellas. Mines almost done too. How much do those admirals weigh? Will just give me a idea on where to try and fit the graphenes at 923 grams each. Thanks. ;)
                        Shirty,

My Admirals weigh between 733 and 740 grams.

Sean

Comment

• G'day Shirty,

my Zippy compact 6200's weigh in at 842g. I am flying for 4 minutes and today with a few show passes, I used 4000. Only use full throttle on the vertical, other than that I am at 1/2.

Cheers

Brent

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                            Thanks Pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

I'm using both the old and new version Admirals. I line up both with the back edge of their battery tray. The new ones will touch each other, but will fit.

Sean
                              Could you be a little more specific? Not sure what you mean by the back edge of their battery tray. Forgive my ignorance, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                                I have been looking thru the threads to find out where to purchase the battery connector protector they use in the A-10 build video on the wing connectors... I know someone asked about it and someone answered but I can't find it. I can't find them at MRC either so they evidently don't stock them although the Admiral batteries are coming with them already on the balance plug...
                                Thanks...
                                Tom
                                I ordered some from Wally World...

Comment

• For anyone stacking batteries (I believe RCdude is and maybe some others as well), did you decide to use a completely new battery strap of larger length to accommodate the increased length needed, or did you end up combining both stock battery straps to make one (as they catch at each metal piece)?

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post

I ordered some from Wally World...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/22-2V-6S-...-2V-6S&veh=sem
                                    Buddy RC has them. Also check ebay
                                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Hey DrDeath, are they the new admirals or the old style?
                                      Just bought them in late May. They are long and skinny compared to the old fat ones

Comment

Could you be a little more specific? Not sure what you mean by the back edge of their battery tray. Forgive my ignorance, Brad
                                        Brad,

Hopefully this photo will help.

Sean

Comment

• One more set just added....West Coast Demo Team!

Also, as you guys finish your models and get your graphics on, I'd love to post photos of your completed model on our website product pages! If you'd like your model showcased, please e-mail me with a photo to post! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X