Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real deal in action from the 107th FS, Selfridge ANG Base. Shows some ordnance hanging here.

Tim T

Comment

• Just curious. Those of you who say they saw Dean's connectors fail under high loads, do you know for a fact they were Dean's (the brand) connectors? In my experience, whenever I have had a "Dean's" connector problem it turned out to be a look-alike and not an actual Dean's connector...

Comment

• Originally posted by pmisuinas View Post
        Just curious. Those of you who say they saw Dean's connectors fail under high loads, do you know for a fact they were Dean's (the brand) connectors? In my experience, whenever I have had a "Dean's" connector problem it turned out to be a look-alike and not an actual Dean's connector...
        I always used deans till I noticed that the fit gets sloppy over time Gone to EC 3's and 5's and have never looked back. I always used real deans connectors.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          1) You win Best Freewing 80mm A-10. ...For now...(?) I just know there are other detail maniacs waiting to challenge this very high bar you've set!

2) I need that shirt. Tomorrow.
          Looking forward to seeing what other detail maniacs will do with it. I thought about procrastinating but decided to put it off until tomorrow. That shirt gets a lot of comments and chuckles.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
            Here's a little video I did of Steve's (RCJetDude) A-10...

So, first question. Is that our freewing A-10 and if so who did the mod for the operable canopy???? We've been talking about that mod for months trying to work up a good solid setup and hear you are with the full meal deal out of the blue!!! I need details man. That is an incredible function on the canopy not to mention the rest of the plane!!!! Please share how you accomplished this great piece of engineering. I think I spotted! Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

So, first question. Is that our freewing A-10 and if so who did the mod for the operable canopy???? We've been talking about that mod for months trying to work up a good solid setup and hear you are with the full meal deal out of the blue!!! I need details man. That is an incredible function on the canopy not to mention the rest of the plane!!!! Please share how you accomplished this great piece of engineering. I think I spotted! Brad
              Yes canopy really cool addition. Have to get a DX 9 or Fr Sky Taranas radio.

Comment

Brad,

Everything is covered in his A-10 modifications thread here:

Pat

Comment

• Are we due for another shipping update? I know, the truck driver's dog ate the bill of lading paperwork. LOL
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                    Are we due for another shipping update? I know, the truck driver's dog ate the bill of lading paperwork. LOL
                    Glad I'm not the only one that has been bashing the F5 key on this thread today for that very update. LOL

Comment

• We did receive confirmation that the A-10s begin arriving tomorrow. :)
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post

Glad I'm not the only one that has been bashing the F5 key on this thread today for that very update. LOL
                        Latest I've seen is that the shipments will go out alphabetically, by nation. So Australia, Canada, Great Britain, etc. USA falls a ways down this list, unfortunately but they shouldn't be too much delayed- we'll certainly let our American friends know how the unboxing and assembly goes.
                        :Cool:
                        Tom

Comment

We did receive confirmation that the A-10s begin arriving tomorrow. :)
                          Woohoo! I have a nice spot cleared to build and store it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Latest I've seen is that the shipments will go out alphabetically, by nation. So Australia, Canada, Great Britain, etc. USA falls a ways down this list, unfortunately but they shouldn't be too much delayed- we'll certainly let our American friends know how the unboxing and assembly goes.
                            Tom
                            That's very considerate of you! Thanks! :):Cool:

Comment

Tom
                              That's OK I had a "your order has been shipped" notice from Motion in my email when I got in from work this evening. :Straight-Face:
                              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Tom
                                Woohoo! Don't mind coming third to those people in Antartica and Argentina.

Comment

• Not sure where to post this now but wondering from the other thread if there is an updated sequencer that will leave nose wheel gear door down like the real deal when not in deep grass or pavement? Brad

Comment

Not sure where to post this now but wondering from the other thread if there is an updated sequencer that will leave nose wheel gear door down like the real deal when not in deep grass or pavement? Brad
                                    Tell me... how do you get deep in pavement? :) If you're talking about being parked and looking scale you could always unplug the battery before the sequencer has a chance to close the door.
                                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

We did receive confirmation that the A-10s begin arriving tomorrow. :)
                                      Swell news !
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Not sure where to post this now but wondering from the other thread if there is an updated sequencer that will leave nose wheel gear door down like the real deal when not in deep grass or pavement? Brad
                                        When last we left our intrepid hero Alpha at the factory, he was looking into a firmware change to the built in sequencer that would change it so the door was open when the gear was down. Unless I missed it, I don't think we ever got confirmation one way or the other if he was able to pull it off? If not, the only choice is to bash an aftermarket sequencer if that detail is wanted. I fall squarely into that camp and have a Jomar sequencer and soldering iron at the ready if necessary. I am just waiting for the big brown airplane truck to arrive to check it out. My hope is still alive that Steve got a real early pre-production version and the firmware was changed after that... ;-) Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

Comment

• On the nose gear door sequencer, while at my buddy Georges place yesterday he gave me a gear door sequencer (from a P-51 I believe he said) so I wired it up and it works fine. Now if I want to leave the door open when the gear is down I just have to plug it into the number 2 spot and if I want it to close when the gear is down I just move it to the number 1 spot. This works because the tail wheel doors on the P-51 stay open whereas the inner main gear doors close when the gear is down. I completely bypass the stock connector board of course.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1496196465969400232198.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	78365

Comment

Working...
                                          X