Views:	459
Size:	301.2 KB
ID:	81336

:Cool::Cool::Silly::Silly:s
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      Click image for larger version  Name:	box.jpg Views:	1 Size:	301.2 KB ID:	81336
      I am hoping to be able to post a similar picture very soon myself (second pre-order).

It's curious that the box actually says "MotionRC" on it. Or is it something MRC stamps on the box before they ship them out? I'm wondering what is says for those units sold in Austrailia by Xtreme.

Comment

• So is preorder # 2 now shipping?

Comment

• :)
          :a10 Here to hoping!!!

Comment

• Congrats Aros! Have fun on the assembly.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Hey Clearblue, yeah I don't know which was dumber, doing a maiden with so much wind or trying to find the C.G. in that much wind. I hadn't planned on taking it up, just taxied it down from my house for show and tell but mostly no one else showed up so I had time to finish up setting throws on the control surfaces and programming the radio. In order to get up the nerve to fly I lie to myself and think I'm just going to do some high speed taxi tests for tracking and if everything looks good, I go for it. The plane came off the ground pretty well but needed allot of up trim and a click or two of aileron trim. It took about four orbits to get it to fly straight and level and let my heart rate slow down. It flies great, like it's on rails, even in the wind. Way faster than I thought it would be....easily flies at half throttle or less. I think at full throttle, it's faster than my 1700mm FMS P-51 and much heavier as well. So then I started making some approaches and dropped the gear and half flaps and was able to land without incident. WOOHOO! Second flight I got too slow in the wind on approach and stalled about four feet off the ground and took a pretty good bounce. When it came back up into the air I quickly gave it more throttle which softened the final touchdown. I sustained some minor nose wheel damage and a tiny stress crack at the aft port side of the hatch opening but I think she's O.K. Haven't had time to do much on it since but from what I've picked up on the thread re: battery positions of the Admiral 5000s, I'm pretty nose heavy which would explain all of the up trim and having to change my shorts. Had 3.9 volts left after 4 minutes of mixed flying but I'm sure I will get longer flight times as there is no need to go full throttle. Next time I take it up I will make damn sure of proper C.G., reinforce the little stress crack,and checkout what's going on with having allot of front to back play in the nose wheel. The mount seems solid but the play seems to be at the trunion area. Hope that helps, Brad
              It is very easy to miss Brad, and I did before the maiden as well. The elevator needs about 4mm of mechanical up in it. You can see it in the picture on the control throws page of the manual. I put about twenty clicks of up in it in the maiden. Once I got it on the ground, and had a chance to clean out my shorts, I re-visited the manual, and sure enough, there it was. Very similar to what the P-38 needs in order to fly level and true. Happy Landings guys!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

It is very easy to miss Brad, and I did before the maiden as well. The elevator needs about 4mm of mechanical up in it. You can see it in the picture on the control throws page of the manual. I put about twenty clicks of up in it in the maiden. Once I got it on the ground, and had a chance to clean out my shorts, I re-visited the manual, and sure enough, there it was. Very similar to what the P-38 needs in order to fly level and true. Happy Landings guys!!
                Nice to know I wasn't the only one with soiled shortsLOLBrad

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtnflyby View Post
                  So is preorder # 2 now shipping?
                  No, mine was the last of the first group.
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

No, mine was the last of the first group.
                    So Todd, you could easily have that baby together in time for saturday. My field is already broken in for Warthogs.........just sayin' Brad

Comment

Nice to know I wasn't the only one with soiled shortsLOLBrad
                      When you are flying a plane that big, that you are presenting to another person, in front of that many people, it is irreplaceable and it is wanting to lawn dart on the first flight....I am lucky I didn't have to clean my shoes out as well!!!!LOLLOL

Comment

So Todd, you could easily have that baby together in time for saturday. My field is already broken in for Warthogs.........just sayin' Brad
                        Too funny ! Time to build & program A-10 ? = ~ 1.5 hours Time to apply decals? 6 days
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

I'll be sure to have the wife hold it in her lap on the way over. LOL LOL :P;)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

When you are flying a plane that big, that you are presenting to another person, in front of that many people, it is irreplaceable and it is wanting to lawn dart on the first flight....I am lucky I didn't have to clean my shoes out as well!!!!LOLLOL
                            Yeah, in that situation it is a terrible feeling wondering if your going to run out of up trim before she quits heading for the ground. Not to mention that squishy feeling in your shoes. I will probably do the mechanical adjustment and recenter the trim so that there is still some up trim left in case of a sudden burst of gravity.LOLBrad

Comment

• We should see some more pics of the now of people's individual "neutral" elevator position for level flight to compare. We have seen some pics, but not many.

Mine will be starting out with the flat top of the elevator level with the middle of the rear tail dimples. I'm a tad nose heavy, so wanted to ensure a less stressful flight and would rather have the plane go up than down. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Too funny ! Time to build & program A-10 ? = ~ 1.5 hours Time to apply decals? 6 days
                                No kidding. I spend probably a good 6+ hours applying decals yesterday and perhaps 2 hours on actual assembly, routing wires, etc. I'm still not done with the decals but I'm close.

Comment

• I've got 6 or 7 hours with the decals myself. I'll have another hour (guessing) when I get the ordinance set from crxmanpat. I'm probably in the minority when I say I liked working with the water slides more than the vinyl decals.

Comment

• It'll be more than an hour Dave. There are 58 individual decals, most of which are very small. LOL
                                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      It'll be more than an hour Dave. There are 58 individual decals, most of which are very small. LOL
                                      Wow, that's a lot. For me, anything smaller than a dime ain't goin' on mine. (Gee, even kinda rhymes.)

Comment

• Fixing to roll the dice on setting this bird up on my DX8. The dual rates and expo and whatnot will be a problem, but I have to get there first. Wing type, tail type, 400 feet of wiring, two batteries,a BEC thingy that I've never had the pleasure of using. Heck, I'm not even sure how to bind my AR8010T to the DX 8. Sure don't want to let the smoke of anything. HELP!!!

Kurtzz

Comment

Hey Clearblue, yeah I don't know which was dumber, doing a maiden with so much wind or trying to find the C.G. in that much wind. I hadn't planned on taking it up, just taxied it down from my house for show and tell but mostly no one else showed up so I had time to finish up setting throws on the control surfaces and programming the radio. In order to get up the nerve to fly I lie to myself and think I'm just going to do some high speed taxi tests for tracking and if everything looks good, I go for it. The plane came off the ground pretty well but needed allot of up trim and a click or two of aileron trim. It took about four orbits to get it to fly straight and level and let my heart rate slow down. It flies great, like it's on rails, even in the wind. Way faster than I thought it would be....easily flies at half throttle or less. I think at full throttle, it's faster than my 1700mm FMS P-51 and much heavier as well. So then I started making some approaches and dropped the gear and half flaps and was able to land without incident. WOOHOO! Second flight I got too slow in the wind on approach and stalled about four feet off the ground and took a pretty good bounce. When it came back up into the air I quickly gave it more throttle which softened the final touchdown. I sustained some minor nose wheel damage and a tiny stress crack at the aft port side of the hatch opening but I think she's O.K. Haven't had time to do much on it since but from what I've picked up on the thread re: battery positions of the Admiral 5000s, I'm pretty nose heavy which would explain all of the up trim and having to change my shorts. Had 3.9 volts left after 4 minutes of mixed flying but I'm sure I will get longer flight times as there is no need to go full throttle. Next time I take it up I will make damn sure of proper C.G., reinforce the little stress crack,and checkout what's going on with having allot of front to back play in the nose wheel. The mount seems solid but the play seems to be at the trunion area. Hope that helps, Brad
                                          Brad, my nose gear had a ton of slop too, and I (think) I addressed the issue this morning. You're correct about it being in the trunion. Sorry but can't take the time now but will post with pics in the morning.
                                          Tom

Comment

Working...
                                          X