Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going a little different direction for mine. Going with the earlier Northern or "Dophin" scheme. Using the Selfridge Red Devils set from Callie. Also going to add commemorative invation stripes to the nacells and under wing. Callie also cut some one off nose art. Paint in progress and graphics will be here around Wednesday. Will post pics when complete.

Comment

• That third picture looks like a neat scheme!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        About 1/10 scale is correct, and is what Motion has stated as well.
        Thanks
        Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Do you guys use a certain tool to check CG on these big planes? If so, which one seems to work the best?

Comment

• Originally posted by WAY BAD View Post
            Do you guys use a certain tool to check CG on these big planes? If so, which one seems to work the best?
            Great Planes CG tool is what I use. Works well.

Comment

• Tips of my fat fingers. LOL

But I do plan on getting the GP CG machine next time I order from Motion.
              Pat

Comment

• Is there any reason (other than making it harder to replace an ESC) to not solder the battery leads together so you have consistent current going to both ESCs?
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by WAY BAD View Post
                  Do you guys use a certain tool to check CG on these big planes? If so, which one seems to work the best?
                  Like the old joke .................................... "By the grace of God and a little help from these two fingers." ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                    Like the old joke .................................... "By the grace of God and a little help from these two fingers." ;)
                    And the "S.W.A.G." method. Scientific Wild Ass Guess. LOL

Comment

• In the old ducted fan days of jet flying, BVM discovered the high pitch whisle, came from the intake duct in front of the fan unit.

The fix was to drill many tiny holes with a sponge foam apoxyed behind the holes.

This killed the high pitch whisle and made for a very quite electric jet almost silent. This was a great fix at the time, But, then came the turbines and everyone left the electric jet alone till now.

Originally posted by buffetbob View Post
                      Not sure what the hype is about as when I fly mine I hear a whistle sound anyway. Did someone post a vid with the whistles? I don't see where they are needed but I may.be wrong.

BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• The owner's manual (revised) is on the product page. We apologize for the delay!

My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• All packed up and ready for the trip to EDF JetJam

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                            The owner's manual (revised) is on the product page. We apologize for the delay!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...Manualrev2.pdf
                            Thank you Aros!
                            PS. I thought Grossman or someone was going to clean up the English translations / grammar for the new manuels.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

And the "S.W.A.G." method. Scientific Wild Ass Guess. LOL
                              Not a bad concept. The thing is, on today's "big" planes (those more than 1400mm wingspan), a difference of 5mm or even 10mm doesn't cause any bad flying characteristics. Eg, on my FW Avanti S, today I flew it 3 times using 2 different sizes and types of batteries. I "eyeballed" them and altered the standard position by X amount and let her go. I think I needed 1 click of ELE trim to get it right. Same for my FMS 1450mm P-51. Just think about it ....................... the bigger the plane becomes, the less significant 10mm in CG becomes. For those who stress over that last mm of CG, I'll bet you can't even line up your average 5000mah battery that close. The lumps and bumps on the ends of a battery like that make it nearly impossible to place it exactly on any line you draw from one flight to the next. Besides, any CG written in any manual is purely a suggestion for a starting point anyway. And on this "giant" A-10, even the fattest fingers won't matter.

Comment

• Went with "The Boys from Syracuse" camo scheme, from the 174th Fighter Wing in Syracuse, NY.

Comment

• Speaking of CG, how are people doing with the 78mm CG mark on this plane? Anyone feeling the need to move it back some?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                    Speaking of CG, how are people doing with the 78mm CG mark on this plane? Anyone feeling the need to move it back some?
                                    FWIW, I set mine right side up on the CG stand at exactly 78mm. With the gear down it sat perfectly level. Gear up and the nose started to drop slowly. Took just a few clicks of up trim on maiden and I had my elevator set slightly below the dimples. Another guy at my club did the same thing and needed only two clicks of up trim on his maiden.

Comment

• Originally posted by gnat8750 View Post
                                      Went with "The Boys from Syracuse" camo scheme, from the 174th Fighter Wing in Syracuse, NY.
                                      Very nice. It's great to see all the different schemes.

Comment

Speaking of CG, how are people doing with the 78mm CG mark on this plane? Anyone feeling the need to move it back some?
                                        I had mine moved back to 80mm with the old Admiral 6S 5000s but with the new Admiral 6S 5000s I have them all the way to rear as far as they will go and it barely balances at 78mm...I may try to stack and stagger them in the rear bay.
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I feel like mine could move back some, but the junction board is keeping me from moving my packs back any further. I may see about moving the board back some.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X