X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Oh well fine. We see how you are! LOL LOL ;)

Congrats!
    Seriously... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      One of the ESC/battery leads has the UBEC leads attached to it. I always plug that one in first, then the other.
      Me too but it shouldn't matter. The off controller should boot fine but not arm until the receiver powers up and sends a valid low throttle signal.

Comment

• Anyone else been thinking about storage and transport? I'm trying to come up with a PVC rack that will hold the fuse and wings with ordnance attached. Getting the length right so it can be cradled upright and inverted without damaging antenna or other greeblies is going to be a challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by ckankel View Post
          Anyone else been thinking about storage and transport? I'm trying to come up with a PVC rack that will hold the fuse and wings with ordnance attached. Getting the length right so it can be cradled upright and inverted without damaging antenna or other greeblies is going to be a challenge.
          I'm sure everyone has that same thought and challenge. Let us know what you come up with. That would be awesome if you created something we could piggy-back from!

Comment

• I'm just going with a std cradle and (2) 76cm wing bags from HK. That way I think I can load more planes in the back of the Explorer.

Hawk
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I currently don't have a spot in the garage for this, so for now it sits on the dining table fully assembled. LOL
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by ckankel View Post
                Anyone else been thinking about storage and transport? I'm trying to come up with a PVC rack that will hold the fuse and wings with ordnance attached. Getting the length right so it can be cradled upright and inverted without damaging antenna or other greeblies is going to be a challenge.
                My head is hurting as we speak(lots of thinking)...going to come up with something...I'll share when done :)
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Would be sweet to incorporate the white foam shipping box in the design . The wing cavity half
                  looks promising. Recycling at its best !
                  Also...those bags of microfiber towels have come
                  Way down in price. Am thinking box liner here.
                  Maybe wings in lower half. PVC posts coming out of corners. Card board bottom underside of foam
                  box. Fuse sits in PVC cradle on top ?
                  Hot glue time.

Plane

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Thanks for the pics T-CAT. Looks very smooth. Good job. You deserve that pan of Lasagna after that. LOL
                    Weekend Lasagna time!! Yeehaw!

Comment

• So, my 5000mah batteries wouldn't allow the canopy to shut properly and had to trim quite a bit off the bottom, removed the magnets, etc. You have to love foam for this reason, easy customization. I had to fix my pilot figure and the way it sits to make room for the batteries, but it actually turned out to be a good thing as it allowed me to move it further back against the seat and at a little better height.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1222.JPG
Views:	723
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	80344Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1227.JPG
Views:	682
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	80343

Comment

• Perhaps in the future MRC can take the packaging a step further so that it converts into a cradle stand.
                        How cool would that be....zero waste.

Plane

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          Love those Sunset shots, keep 'em coming!
                          They make great phone wallpapers also!

Comment

• For those wanting to know how to apply the decals on the ordnance, I offer this guide.

The short yellow and red stripes go on the Sidewinders.

The fat yellow stripes go on the nose of the Mark 84s.

The long yellow and red stripes go on the Mavericks.

The blue one goes on the nose of the sniper pod.

I'm going to be pretty busy tonight and this weekend, but will be working on additional decals for the AN/ALQ and Mavericks soon.
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

As you can see in the pics, it's clearly not perfect, but still a success that I actually got it to lay relatively nicely on the first shot. I'm happy enough with it, although of course I would like to reapply it, just to get it flawless. I can't believe I would actually go through that decal application again LOL:Scared::Silly:.
                              Looks pretty darn great to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                For those wanting to know how to apply the decals on the ordnance, I offer this guide.

The short yellow and red stripes go on the Sidewinders.

The fat yellow stripes go on the nose of the Mark 84s.

The long yellow and red stripes go on the Mavericks.

The blue one goes on the nose of the sniper pod.

I'm going to be pretty busy tonight and this weekend, but will be working on additional decals for the AN/ALQ and Mavericks soon.
                                More great info, thanks Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by afjetmech View Post

They make great phone wallpapers also!
                                  Doing the same on my Ipad. Great shot!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Looks pretty darn great to me!
                                    Thanks! I had some doubts during the beginning part of the application process for that nose art piece, but when I messed up (at one moment I thought the decal was a total loss), I took a hobby knife and lightly lifted enough to grab onto it and unfold it delicately, and kept adding moisture to keep the decal from drying it. Eventually I got the decal to be flat, and am glad I stuck with it.

Comment

• Having built 10s of thousands of plastic models over my time on the planet, I prefer waterslide to anything else. Here is a 1/48th F-16 Thunderbirds I did. The only paint on it is white!!

Name:	20170609_155404.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	80362

Name:	20170609_155415.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	80363

Comment

• In anticipation of getting the A-10 I knew I was going to need some space (I envy you guys with the awesome man caves!) so I made this wing rack for my Trojan and the Hog. It's standard PVC and some foam loosely held in place with zip ties (so the foam can adjust to the wing). I can easily add to it if I need to. The wall was the only real estate I had left! The fuse will go in the 3rd Robart stand on the table. Rob

Comment

• Here is a video from Wednesday of my 3rd flight. Unfortunately the low passes weren't in focus. :-( At least the take-off and landing are there :-) Since there are not that many videos showing the A-10 from grass, I think that it's still worthwhile. Both landing and take-off were at half-flaps. Charging the batteries up for tomorrow morning :-)
                                          video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Brent

Comment

Working...
                                          X