• Show
Clear All

• Well done pat. Nice one.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1200.JPG
Views:	387
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	80074 Well, I ordered the 90mm nacelles and had two Stinger 90 power plants ready to be installed......until I checked the motors on both of them. I bought one of the power systems from the classifieds on a different forum, and the other is mine. Well, mine was indeed the 1450kv motor because it came out of my Stinger 90, and the other was a 1550kv motor that's used in many of the new scale 90mm Freewing jets. So, that mission stalled until I get another power plant to make the perfect match. Good thing I checked, otherwise it could have been bad news.

So, plan B......installed the two 80mm Freewing inrunner power systems instead. I can use the stock ESC's and they're good to go. Instead of running the wires underneath the clear plastic covered channel, I had to have the wires out on top due to the shorter wiring of the inrunner motors.

Also, a nice little detail and surprise was the extra capacitors that are added to the ESC's. That's a good call to help with longevity and functionality of the ESC's.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1199.JPG Views:	1 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	80073Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1197.JPG Views:	1 Size:	67.7 KB ID:	80072Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1194.JPG Views:	1 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	80071

Comment

• Great Maiden Pat! Inspiring.
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Nice maiden Pat. I love the sound from the whistles.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
            Here's the maiden video. I just LOVE the sound of those Nerf whistles!

https://youtu.be/B9aOntHqOoY
            Nice, it does slow down quite nice if you let it...I think some of have been afraid to slow it down that much which has lead to the "broncoing".
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
              Is there any interest in sets of these decals? I could print a bunch and send them for like $5 total, basically just to cover printing and shipping costs.
              I'd be up for a set.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Completed the maiden flight on my A-10 last night, and I have to echo all of the previous comments, what a fantastic flyer! It hardly takes any power at all to keep her in the air, I hardly went above half throttle for most of the flight. The glide ratio is very impressive, as is the low speed handing. I landed with half flaps, and it really slows down to a crawl. After seeing some of the bounciness from other maidens, I did trim my nose gear spring by 3/8" as per TI's mod. The flight was 3 min on 2 Admiral Pro 4000s, and I still had 49% left in the packs when I landed. 5 min + flight times should be no problem, especially for scale flying or bigger batteries.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                  Completed the maiden flight on my A-10 last night, and I have to echo all of the previous comments, what a fantastic flyer! It hardly takes any power at all to keep her in the air, I hardly went above half throttle for most of the flight. The glide ratio is very impressive, as is the low speed handing. I landed with half flaps, and it really slows down to a crawl. After seeing some of the bounciness from other maidens, I did trim my nose gear spring by 3/8" as per TI's mod. The flight was 3 min on 2 Admiral Pro 4000s, and I still had 49% left in the packs when I landed. 5 min + flight times should be no problem, especially for scale flying or bigger batteries.
                  Great job Mike! Nice flight and fantastic first landing.

Comment

Completed the maiden flight on my A-10 last night, and I have to echo all of the previous comments, what a fantastic flyer! It hardly takes any power at all to keep her in the air, I hardly went above half throttle for most of the flight. The glide ratio is very impressive, as is the low speed handing. I landed with half flaps, and it really slows down to a crawl. After seeing some of the bounciness from other maidens, I did trim my nose gear spring by 3/8" as per TI's mod. The flight was 3 min on 2 Admiral Pro 4000s, and I still had 49% left in the packs when I landed. 5 min + flight times should be no problem, especially for scale flying or bigger batteries.
                    Very nice, did you CG per the manual?
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Way to go, Mike. Was that Elmer in the background giving commentary? From the vids I've seen thus far, the flight characteristics remind me of the F7F TigerCat. A big trainer. Of course, you guys make everything look easy.
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Very nice, did you CG per the manual?
                        Thanks, yes CG was per the manual and I used the recommended low rates as well with 25% expo. Roll was still a bit sensitive, so I may go to 30% or decrease aileron throw slightly.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                          Well, I ordered the 90mm nacelles and had two Stinger 90 power plants ready to be installed......until I checked the motors on both of them. I bought one of the power systems from the classifieds on a different forum, and the other is mine. Well, mine was indeed the 1450kv motor because it came out of my Stinger 90, and the other was a 1550kv motor that's used in many of the new scale 90mm Freewing jets. So, that mission stalled until I get another power plant to make the perfect match. Good thing I checked, otherwise it could have been bad news.

So, plan B......installed the two 80mm Freewing inrunner power systems instead. I can use the stock ESC's and they're good to go. Instead of running the wires underneath the clear plastic covered channel, I had to have the wires out on top due to the shorter wiring of the inrunner motors.

Also, a nice little detail and surprise was the extra capacitors that are added to the ESC's. That's a good call to help with longevity and functionality of the ESC's.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1199.JPG Views:	1 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	80073Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1197.JPG Views:	1 Size:	67.7 KB ID:	80072Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1194.JPG Views:	1 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	80071
                          T-CAT, what do you mean that the capacitors were a nice little detail and surprise? Did the 80mm come with the caps on the ESC's?

Comment

Thanks, yes CG was per the manual and I used the recommended low rates as well with 25% expo. Roll was still a bit sensitive, so I may go to 30% or decrease aileron throw slightly.
                            I went 70% aileron on low rate and 40% expo.
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                              Way to go, Mike. Was that Elmer in the background giving commentary? From the vids I've seen thus far, the flight characteristics remind me of the F7F TigerCat. A big trainer. Of course, you guys make everything look easy.
                              No, Lee was in the background, and Jaylen was next to me giving commentary. And absolutely correct, it really is a big forgiving trainer. I'm looking forward to putting another flight on it later this evening. I'm going to really need to stock up on some more batteries now..

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I went 70% aileron on low rate and 40% expo.
                                Thanks TI, may give that a try tonight.

Comment

• Nose gear holding up? Of course, you greased that first landing. I've heard more than one report now on guys snapping off the 5mm pin. That takes a lot of force to do that. I'll find out soon myself as I'm traveling this week.If that's the case, I'll look for plan B which will be to get a trailing link setup. Looking at 15-20 mph winds this weekend. Eek! She handle wind pretty good ?

Comment

• There was about 7 mph of wind of the maiden and it had no noticeable effect on the model, 15-20 is pretty steep though. My nose gear is doing fine, but not much to tell from one flight. I would recommend trimming the nose gear spring though, may save you from the excessive bouncing that has happened to several guys now. Although with half flaps in 15 mph wind you could probably land vertically anyways, and save yourself hardly any stress on the gear ;).

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                      Nose gear holding up? Of course, you greased that first landing. I've heard more than one report now on guys snapping off the 5mm pin. That takes a lot of force to do that. I'll find out soon myself as I'm traveling this week.If that's the case, I'll look for plan B which will be to get a trailing link setup. Looking at 15-20 mph winds this weekend. Eek! She handle wind pretty good ?
                                      The nose gear is very tough, I can't believe my "bronco" landing didn't break the fuse...it only cracked the retract housing. After cutting the strut spring it calmed it down considerably.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Nice maidens fellas!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Here are some ordnance pics for detail reference.
                                          ALQ131 jamming pod, Maverick, Targeting pod, AIM-9 sidewinder, Mk82 500lb and Mk83 1000lb bombs

Click image for larger version

Name:	ALQ-131 jamming pod.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	80113Click image for larger version

Name:	A-10 Warthog-Maverick_Missile.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	80114Click image for larger version

Name:	Targeting pod.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	80115Click image for larger version

Name:	AIM-9L.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	80116Click image for larger version

Name:	mk-82 and mk-83.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	80117

Attached Files
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X