X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

The link you posted for the A7 says it was discontinued...........so definitely an opportunity for a FW Corsair II
    With you 100% on the A7 but concerned about the LG and FOD for grass ops. Very low-profile gear plus the huge intake might be a problem with debris, even on pavement. Would have to do an arms length carrier walk-down with about 6 guys. But who doesn't love this iconic Vought masterpiece?
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
      Hi guys. I have a few questions about the electronics.
      1- Is the factory BEC separate or does it tap off of one of the factory ESC's ?
      2- Can the servos handle a 2 cell LIFE pack if we just
      Want to go directly into the receiver and not use the factory BEC so all of the power goes to the motors ?
      If so will the LIFE burn out the lights.

I checked the specs page first.

Thanks in advance.

Plane
      From Alpha:

The motor with a UBEC connected to its power line is not at all affected by the UBEC. The aircraft uses a UBEC from one of the power lines. As always, and to be clear we recommend the stock setup, and cannot be held responsible for your aircraft if you modify it in any way or deviate from the recommended setup. If you absolutely must use a separate battery, I highly recommend 5.0V, maximum, plugged directly into the PDB (Power Distribution Board). We've seen people use 6.0v batteries with success, but again, we have not tested this and cannot officially sanction it. One thing is certain, 6.6v will fry the board. 2s "LiFe" batteries can be 6.0 or 6.6, I've seen both. The latter is fatal.

The message to take away here is that we highly recommend you use the model as we have set it up to function well. There's a limited warranty if you do, versus you're on your own if you modify the electrical system in any way. Hope that helps.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

With you 100% on the A7 but concerned about the LG and FOD for grass ops. Very low-profile gear plus the huge intake might be a problem with debris, even on pavement. Would have to do an arms length carrier walk-down with about 6 guys. But who doesn't love this iconic Vought masterpiece?
        I know, I know, I know ;) I would luv either of those iconic Vought's or a McD F-4 but the gear/wheels totally blows it out of the turf guys realm and thus I believe the reason for the successfully HUGE interest on this Warty.
        Another successful unimproved turf warbird we need :Ligthbulb: Yeah you knew I was gonna say it LOL :ov10 ;)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Amen Sky Wolf! well said.

Comment

• For an unimproved surface EDF, there is one that I can only dream of right now.. A VTOL F-35B. There is one guy over on RCG who has made significant progress on one, and I know Freewing could do it if they tried. It would be more pricey than the A-10, but it would be sooooo cool!! And you could pretty much say goodbye to broken gear problems..

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
              For an unimproved surface EDF, there is one that I can only dream of right now.. A VTOL F-35B. There is one guy over on RCG who has made significant progress on one, and I know Freewing could do it if they tried. It would be more pricey than the A-10, but it would be sooooo cool!! And you could pretty much say goodbye to broken gear problems..
              i saw this when it was posted on vesa models face book page. if i remember correctly he is running vesa fans, very cool design

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I know, I know, I know ;) I would luv either of those iconic Vought's or a McD F-4 but the gear/wheels totally blows it out of the turf guys realm and thus I believe the reason for the successfully HUGE interest on this Warty.
                Another successful unimproved turf warbird we need :Ligthbulb: Yeah you knew I was gonna say it LOL :ov10 ;)
                In that light, I think the F4 Phantom would be very do-able and would be an okay turf flyer. Good, tall stance. Been lobbying for the Phantom for a while. Just has never been a great one. LX and eflight missed the mark IMO. Eflight's was good looking but practically non-flyable. LX's needed way too many mods. Give me a nice big one either single 90mm with bifurcated exhaust ports or a twin 80mm. Alpha will figure this out. Can't imagine that the number of engineering hours required would be as high as say the A-10, but that's just me speculating as an engr.
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• ok, now that the word warranty has been brought up, i like many others here have a stinger, i have heard of a few problems with the bec in these jets. is this something i should replace or hope it doesn't fail. ??? ps.. i do have the latest version

Comment

• If JHH can make a nice A-7, so can Freewing! I've watched Chris Wolfe fly the JHH model numerous times, and I always stop what I'm doing and watch the flight every time he goes up. Such an awesome plane!

Pat

Comment

• i used to have 2 of the old hot bodies a-7 they came with nitro motors. very slow, hard to keep in the air. i might even still have one in the shop... very cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post

Question, are you interested in getting it to work some time in the future, even if you don't get a replacement? The reason I ask is I am right now in the middle of repairing my nose gear as a result of crash damage. It took me a while to figure it out. So while the info is fresh in my mind, I might be of assistance. Let me know, no pressure.
                        Awesome, I will get it out and then hit you up.... thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

In that light, I think the F4 Phantom would be very do-able and would be an okay turf flyer. Good, tall stance. Been lobbying for the Phantom for a while. Just has never been a great one. LX and eflight missed the mark IMO. Eflight's was good looking but practically non-flyable. LX's needed way too many mods. Give me a nice big one either single 90mm with bifurcated exhaust ports or a twin 80mm. Alpha will figure this out. Can't imagine that the number of engineering hours required would be as high as say the A-10, but that's just me speculating as an engr.
                          I agree for sure, but there would be a few areas that need to be focused on in particular with an F-4. Even at a single 90 size, the wing is going to be pretty thin, and the gear punching through the wing (like LX tended to do) would be a big concern. maybe run the gear mounts directly connected to a fore/aft spar in the wing to take the load off of the foam. The stranger geometry of the all moving elevator would also pose a unique difficulty, since you can't use a typical carbon tube, but instead need V shaped spar. Hopefully it would be actuated by a single standard size servo instead of the strange setup of the LX. Then there is the thrust angle. The thrust angle on the LX looked ridiculous, and there has to be a better way to do. I know Alpha was able to deal with that on the A-10, so it should be doable on the F-4 somehow. And last but most importantly, keep the wing a scale size! Both the Flyfly and eflight had ridiculously oversized wings, and it really harmed their scale appearance..

Comment

• Dart,

Agree 100% That's why Alpha gets paid the big bucks ! LOL

Comment

• I'd love to see a video on how Alpha detailed his A-10 (or any other scale jet, for that matter). Awesome look!

Comment

• Thanks Sky Wolf for your insightful and considerate post. Make no mistake, we will still be offering unparalleled access to our "partners and family" during development of exciting new models, and perhaps even "estimated" price ranges, but I am not the one that will make that decision. We are not so fragile to think that the grumblings of a few will cause us to shrivel up, take our toys and go home. We know no matter how hard you try, you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. That's just life. Try as we may, lol.

So no worries from our end. Hobby Squawk offers customers inside access like no other distributor before us and we take pride in that. So in that spirit, nothing has changed.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks so much for a same day answer on the voltage . Yes indeed . You can please 99 percent of the people one percent of the time. Or one percent 99 percent of the time.

Plane

Comment

• I know I'm probably swinging after the bell, but I whole heartedly agree with Sky Wolf except it's probably 99.99% Brad BTW I guess that .01% isn't going to man up-just sayin'

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                      I know I'm probably swinging after the bell, but I whole heartedly agree with Sky Wolf except it's probably 99.99% Brad BTW I guess that .01% isn't going to man up-just sayin'
                                      Had to laugh. 99.99% is one in ten thousand. Are they making that many ? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

From Alpha:

The motor with a UBEC connected to its power line is not at all affected by the UBEC. The aircraft uses a UBEC from one of the power lines. As always, and to be clear we recommend the stock setup, and cannot be held responsible for your aircraft if you modify it in any way or deviate from the recommended setup. If you absolutely must use a separate battery, I highly recommend 5.0V, maximum, plugged directly into the PDB (Power Distribution Board). We've seen people use 6.0v batteries with success, but again, we have not tested this and cannot officially sanction it. One thing is certain, 6.6v will fry the board. 2s "LiFe" batteries can be 6.0 or 6.6, I've seen both. The latter is fatal.

The message to take away here is that we highly recommend you use the model as we have set it up to function well. There's a limited warranty if you do, versus you're on your own if you modify the electrical system in any way. Hope that helps.
                                        If the UBEC is from just one power line, then I will probably join the power lines somewhere along the chain. I don't like one battery being drained at a slightly higher rate, especially on a twin. The UBEC supply current is quite small compared to the motor current, but not completely insignificant. In my experience, one battery comes back at a measurably lower voltage than the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                          Thanks Sky Wolf for your insightful and considerate post. Make no mistake, we will still be offering unparalleled access to our "partners and family" during development of exciting new models, and perhaps even "estimated" price ranges, but I am not the one that will make that decision. We are not so fragile to think that the grumblings of a few will cause us to shrivel up, take our toys and go home. We know no matter how hard you try, you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. That's just life. Try as we may, lol.

So no worries from our end. Hobby Squawk offers customers inside access like no other distributor before us and we take pride in that. So in that spirit, nothing has changed.
                                          That's great news!! This family needs you, and likewise, you need us! We will always have you guys' backs in this MRC venture. You've always proven to have ours. And we highly, highly, highly appreciate you Brothers.

Thanks again for everything! Phenomenal sales, popularity, and positive feedback will prove that the price set on this project was totally accurate and appreciated. (Pre-mishap and replacement of parts, of course :))

Comment

Working...
                                          X