X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clearblue View Post

Same here,100% Agree Mike! I can't afford Real Turbine powered Jets. But I'm not going to go to their pages and start Be itching about how expensive they are? I play at a level I can afford.
    Jim.
    Amen, brother
    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
      I got mine ordered yesterday, so now I have a battery question. I have the HP 90mm F15 and the 90mm F16. Both fly extremely well but eat thru a 5000mah battery in 3.5 minutes at most. I have the 80mm fan F86 but I haven't flown it enough to get a good read on the 80mm fan vs battery life. What batteries are you guys looking to go with for this beast??
      For now, I'm going with the 4000mah. I have a supply of them that I use in the F-86 80mm. My rational is the "KISS" method.(Keep It Simple Stupid). That way when i'm at the field. Fly the 86 or A-10. Grab a 4000 and i'm all set up for CG with that battery. And my future projected purchases of other 80mm jets, use the same battery. If i already had 4500mah on hand, i would be purchasing more 4500s.
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

For now, I'm going with the 4000mah. I have a supply of them that I use in the F-86 80mm. My rational is the "KISS" method.(Keep It Simple Stupid). That way when i'm at the field. Fly the 86 or A-10. Grab a 4000 and i'm all set up for CG with that battery. And my future projected purchases of other 80mm jets, use the same battery. If i already had 4500mah on hand, i would be purchasing more 4500s.
        I really like the versatility some planes give you. It's nice being able to fly 4000 when you want to slow it down and then throw in 5000 in the same plane when maybe it's windy and a little penetration is desired. I'll fly both in the hog. Slow and low down and dirty with 4000 and rip up the sky on 5000's. Can't wait!

Comment

• Ive got 6s 4000's and 5000's, I'll prob try both but I'm pretty sure the 5000's will be my mainstay, simply because it's pretty windy where I live and I have more 5000 packs. I did buy a couple of the graphenes to try, 65c 5000's - they are very heavy (and much bigger), in comparison, (about 1100 grams), but clubmates have been really impressed with them. Great power and they hold their IR really well according to my mates. We are pretty much limited to hobbyking batteries over here, so it's mainly been zippy and the blue turnigys for me to date. I'm very interested to see how the graphenes go for myself. I've got a couple IR meters as well, so I'll be checking them regularly to see how they hold up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post
            Aros, Thank you and your team for the transparency you guys provided throughout this process. Please do not let the discontent of one person put the cloak back on the R&D process. Having the level of access to the behind the scenes development was enlightening for me and others here on Hobby Squawk and RCGroups.
            It was truly our pleasure and we certainly know you can't please everyone all of the time, that's just human nature. We will continue to be as transparent as we possibly can for future models because we see the fantastic value in our customers getting certain levels of access into the R&D phase as the input is invaluable. However, we learned a few things as well during this process that will refine when and how and what we communicate. A good example is price. As we see even talking about potential price points early on can come back to haunt us when the actual price is set. Although most of you still see the value in the set price, some folks can become offputting about that info, and even somewhat disruptive.

So yes, Alpha will still be active in Hobby Squawk giving you guys unparalleled "inside access" during the R&D phase of our exciting new models coming down the pike!

My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• It's smart to get your customers involved imho. It's like a free focus group. Not to mention the sales and marketing benefits. ;)

Comment

• Couldn't agree more! :)
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

It was truly our pleasure and we certainly know you can't please everyone all of the time, that's just human nature. We will continue to be as transparent as we possibly can for future models because we see the fantastic value in our customers getting certain levels of access into the R&D phase as the input is invaluable. However, we learned a few things as well during this process that will refine when and how and what we communicate. A good example is price. As we see even talking about potential price points early on can come back to haunt us when the actual price is set. Although most of you still see the value in the set price, some folks can become offputting about that info, and even somewhat disruptive.

So yes, Alpha will still be active in Hobby Squawk giving you guys unparalleled "inside access" during the R&D phase of our exciting new models coming down the pike!
                  I think that'd be best and easier for everyone...Staff and consumers.

Comment

• Thank you Alpha10!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Let's get back to some productive A-10 talk...
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Agreed, such as, ya'll thought it was torturous waiting for the pre-sale to go live, now imagine how the next 60 days is going to feel! LOL ;)

(Sorry, too soon?) ;)
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• WOW!!!
                          right in the ju ju beads

Comment

• Well I'm right there with ya!

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	276
Size:	334.9 KB
ID:	69432
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• You can use the interest to pay for the next mold of what's going on in your skunk works department so its all good.....lol

Plane

Comment

• New to this forum, but have been following it from the beginning. Ordered my A10 yesterday, and like all of you I can't wait to get it , Also have the Avanti S on order. I like most of us in this hobby have many planes Helicopters and EDF jets. I'm a Motion RC fan and think they have great products and superior service. This A10 they brought too us looks to be an outstanding product and I believe has raised the bar of quality products in our hobby.

Comment

• Thanks tonymrc1 and welcome to "The Squawk"!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey Aros, you guys could have shipped them from Asia via Kalitta Air to get them here quicker, oh, but wait, that will increase your expense on this project. Price will be 899.00 LOLLOLLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Soooo....what's next? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post
                                        Hey Aros, you guys could have shipped them from Asia via Kalitta Air to get them here quicker, oh, but wait, that will increase your expense on this project. Price will be 899.00 LOLLOLLOL
                                        DOH!! LOL
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks Aros, you have been a tremendous asset to this forum and one of my main reasons for going with the new A10. In my hanger I have the twin 80mm F14, 90mm F16, Yak 130 70mm, and the HSD F16 105mm. Also many warbirds and acrobatic planes

Comment

Working...
                                          X