Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I had almost forgot that I had a Motion gift card laying around from Christmas.. Just enough to bring things into the affordable range. Trigger pulled :).

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post
      Hey guys, you do the best you can with initial pricing estimates. After all of the R&D, Logistics, build costs and final shipping you adjust then. You guys gave a fair ballpark number for the cost. Remember, you can't please everyone.

Missing the mark by 50 bucks isn't bad with all of the redesign that was done for gear and wings. All I know is I GOT MINE!!!!
      Actually missed by $100 but I got mine too, just not as elated as I expected to be based upon some of the pricing pomp throughout the thread.......:Confused:
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post
        This should be a $499 PNP airplane as projected for months... There's no reason why this should be more than the elaborate F-14 guys, come on. :Confused:

No fancy gear like the F-16 or swing wing box... Nothing that justifies over $100 more than we've been told it would be.

Does any one else feel this way?
        Not me. I'm good with it.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Not me either! I own three F-14s and soon, two A-10s. This Hog is worth every penny and far BIGGER than the Tomcat, with a well engineered internal wing structure, super robust landing gear and a very scale weapons package included. IMHO, the preorder price is a bargain!!! :)

Comment

• There is a lot going on in this EDF jet. Happy to pay 549. You want something this big with quality you are going to pay in the thousand range. My e-flute t28 cost more and I bet I'm going to have a whole lot more fun with my A-10. Thanks Motion RC. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post

Well, you asked who felt the way you did. I didn't. You then threw out a thinly veiled insult about my intelligence. The preorder price is 10% higher than previously predicted, not 20%. I don't think a 10% miss is earth shattering, especially as it includes the weapons set that we thought would not be included. Perhaps you should pass on principle since you know what it's worth to you.
              WADR, dave
              Firstly, the targeted price for PNP was told to be $499 and it's now listed as $599, not counting the small discount for paying in advance. That's a 20% increase.

Secondly, there's a BIG difference between having missiles etc included and bundling them into every order with a $50 mandatory markup whether you want them or not.

I always said it'd be great to have a small "Base" missile kit included with the base kit and an optional expanded set for those wanting more.

I don't understand how you don't see what I see?

To each their own, I'm just a little disappointed in this release's price point and hope the ARF PLUS is more inline as that's always what I wanted regardless.

Yes it's big, but so is the F-14 and that has MUCH more tech in it IMHO, for less $.

Comment

This should be a $499 PNP airplane as projected for months... There's no reason why this should be more than the elaborate F-14 guys, come on. :Confused:

No fancy gear like the F-16 or swing wing box... Nothing that justifies over $100 more than we've been told it would be.

In a word, no. I have to say I'm a little bit shocked on this happy day of the pre-order going live that you are whining about the price and exagerateing about it on top of that! I find it distasteful that you are implying that MRC is trying to rip you off. This is not the the forum for that, if there is one. I count at least seven planes hanging on your wall, that I can see, so it's not like your broke dude. If it's too much money for you, then don't buy it. That's everybody's option. Just quit sniveling about it. It's just an unneccesary distraction.Brad

Comment

Considering what you are getting, ( +++ an additional $50.00 FULL weapons package) & all that MRC put into creating such a beautiful replica of this AMAZING WARBIRD; I'd say your statement is

HOGWASH

Comment

• As others have said. I don't have a problem with the price for what you get. The engineering that has obviously gone into this plane is comforting. I feel I can fly this thing out of the box, without having to do any mods to get it to fly, or even fly well. I have paid more for both MY HSD 105mm F-16 and HSD 105mm Super Viper, which are big planes too. Hell, even if the price was $700 I would have manipulated my finances to get one (you didn't see statement MRC folks). So to me the $550 price is very reasonable regardless of what they thought the initial price would have been.

Comment

• Just pulled the trigger on this A-10. Now I will have 3 LX's, 1 CGRC, and this one. Oh my what to do. A-10 Firenze.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Gotta' get one. My Grandson was an A-10 crew chief for 5 years and many Afghanistan deployments. Now he's working U-2's at undisclosed locations. Two month wait will give me just enough time to rearrange the hangar and find a way to get UPS to bring it to the shop door when the wife is out shopping.

Cheers - Boyd
                        AMA 80393
                        IRCHA 3553
                        LSF 853
                        Major USAF
                        Retired

Comment

• With this bird really fly with the Admiral 4000 60 C batteries ? Thanks

Comment

• Is it possible to get an owner's manual on the 80mm A-10 page so we can get a look at the build and some of the other specs?

Comment

If I got this A-10 for $549.00 with Free Freight I would be over the Moon...If I preorder it will be $549+$192.23 freight =$741.23x25% aussie exchange rate =$au926.53....Total bargain for you...No way I'm spending that type of money..:Vomit:

Comment

• Alpha, the key two words in your statements are "targeted price". Target price is the early projected price of an item or stock that will be sold based on internal formulas to cover the cost of manufacturing, expenses and provide for expected profit. That number can be and should be adjusted based on "New" data once you are ready to "Go to Market". 99% of retailers DO NOT provide targeted price points just because of what you are currently doing. Motion RC provided a "Good Faith" "Target Price" based on the beginning data that they knew in the beginning of this project. With all of this complaining that has transpired, I would think there will be a greater chance of Motion RC NOT providing targets in the future as it seems this community doesn't understand that it ISN'T a hard and fast number.

Can't please everyone.

Comment

• The price is fine...you can't expect a target price to not move--too many factors that can't always be controlled by the manufacturer. I am just happy we have an opportunity to buy this jet. Now, bring on the Spit

Comment

• Originally posted by hoverup View Post
                                    Gotta' get one. My Grandson was an A-10 crew chief for 5 years and many Afghanistan deployments. Now he's working U-2's at undisclosed locations. Two month wait will give me just enough time to rearrange the hangar and find a way to get UPS to bring it to the shop door when the wife is out shopping.

Cheers - Boyd
                                    AMA 80393
                                    IRCHA 3553
                                    LSF 853
                                    Major USAF
                                    Retired
                                    Boyd, welcome to Hobby Squawk and thank you for your service! Also thank your son for me as well, I hope you two get to fly this bird together :)
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• OK, the price did slightly come in a little higher than "estimated"!!! READ Estimated or target. It was never said it would be that 499$ and carved in stone.
                                      OK now if you want to compare what you get for your money here, i challenge anyone to actually build this plane from a kit and come in $100 lower than the offered price. Really!!
                                      I can say this from experience as to what i put into my Wowplanes foam A10 when you add Robart electric retracts, twin HET 90mm with ICE100 ESC's, 36-75 motors and not to forget servos( HITEC) and wiring made.
                                      Then the time and effort added to finesse the airframe to a more scale outline and details. For those that have seen it at the Jet Jam in Muncie and at E-Jets during the last event at Darby-Dan in Columbus can contest to the
                                      overall impression that it gave.
                                      To be able to replace it with this at half the cost and with only roughly one hour assembly from box to fly, i am for one very grateful and proud to say i placed my pre-order and already have my Callie-Graphics sitting here waiting to be applied. Oh i forgot to add that i had to have my graphics specially made and a lot of going back and forth on getting them correct, (Blacksnakes scheme!!!!).
                                      Thanks to MRC and FW in setting a new bar for all of us to enjoy. If you want to compare to what else is available, sure you can go get a FMS 70mm but to match this one, the next step would be up i believe and would have to be either the Skymaster or Roban. Now for what your getting in this package compared to outfitting either of those, This is a down right steal !!!!!!!!!
                                      Thanks again for such a great offering. Now to wait for the boat to arrive and the mailman to ring my doorbell. HE HE HE!!!!!! Twice that is, the Avanti was also pre-orderd!!
                                      :):):):Smug: Hog on Baby!!:a10

Comment

• And now, we wait...

Comment

• I really don't understand the whining about the price, it was suggested that it would be $499 and have an optional weapons package. It's $549 with the weapons package, a weapons set like this is well worth $50.

TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X