X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Hashing things out what is there to hash out ? place button on screen, sit back and take in lots of everybody's money , go home Happy, these guys are chomping at the bit to get this.
    Welcome to the Squawk Jetman, took my moniker...LOL, oh yeah...HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

The Aeros Festival of Giants on Aug 10-13 has set the giant scale jet limit to include this A-10. The guidance I got from AMA is since IMAA is no more and there is no "giant scale rules" clubs that hold giant scale events can set whatever size standards they want. I know that there will be at least two of these A-10s flying at our event.
      I didn't know that. Great to hear!

We had another sanctioning group for our club's warbird event and when that group didn't back off the IMAA requirement, we cancelled the event. Unfortunately, the numbers in our area for IMAA sized warbirds keep dwindling. So it just wasn't worth the effort for our small club to host the event. Sad, but true.

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

I didn't know that. Great to hear!

We had another sanctioning group for our club's warbird event and when that group didn't back off the IMAA requirement, we cancelled the event. Unfortunately, the numbers in our area for IMAA sized warbirds keep dwindling. So it just wasn't worth the effort for our small club to host the event. Sad, but true.

Sean
        Our club's spring event is still IMAA rules, which I have yet to understand why they are holding on to that. The large-scale only pilots are on the decline, and have been for quite some time. Our October Warbird event is by far the largest as far as pilot participation is concerned....and believe there is going to be A LOT of A-10's there this year. ;)

Comment

• I've had enough trouble attempting to convince my club to have a warbird event at all. They are planning on one at some point, but its an uphill battle in a club filled with a lot of pattern, pylon racer, and 3d pilots. Just means I have to keep an eye out for the other warbird events up in Grapvine to say hi to dahawk!

Comment

• Release the Krackenhawg! :)
            www.TSHobbies.com
            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
              I've had enough trouble attempting to convince my club to have a warbird event at all. They are planning on one at some point, but its an uphill battle in a club filled with a lot of pattern, pylon racer, and 3d pilots. Just means I have to keep an eye out for the other warbird events up in Grapvine to say hi to dahawk!
              Thanks for the plug, Dart ! Our Warbirds over Grapevine event is scheduled for Saturday Sept 9th. Like last year , it will be a fundraiser for Snowball Express, a veteran's charity supporting the children of our fallen since 9/11. I'll have the Mig-21, F5 and hopefully, if it ever comes, the A-10 Warthog there.
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Mabye the "Button" is STUCK.....Someone call "Maintenance", NOW!!!

Comment

• While waiting I've been perusing the MRC site on the other new pre-order offerings. The 90mm high scale Yak-130 looks very impressive.
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Here is what we are trying to adjust as far as giant scale. If we can get enought "buy in", we could make it official with AMA. It would allow more of the "entry level" birds and increase participation in events.
                    I'm with a Giant Scale club that has been hosting Giant Scale events for the last 32 years. We used to be under the AMA Special Interest Group (SIG) IMAA

Comment

• i have to leave for work, someone order 2:Angry:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
                        Mabye the "Button" is STUCK.....Someone call "Maintenance", NOW!!!
                        I think they are just sitting back and laughing to see how many clicks they will get today before activating the actual button!

Comment

• They are probably waiting for high noon..

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

I think they are just sitting back and laughing to see how many clicks they will get today before activating the actual button!
                            No, they're busy in contract negotiations with the warehouse staff.

TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Maybe Mark just dozed off at his desk. He did have a late night. Is anybody near by that can take him a cup of coffee and a doughnut???:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                For the record, "He" is not "me". :D I'm already eyeballs deep in the next wallet killers so the A-10 torch has been passed. Have fun, everyone, I'll try to rejoin the party later with better internet coverage.

Before I go though, I will prod your marriages a little further and say that I think this A-10 signifies a real "level up" in terms of value for our customers in the context of BSF (Big Scale Foam). I love my Freewing F-14s (note, plural), and for $579 without ordnance they were a great value when first released, and now at an even crazier $549 the fact that they remain a very high seller makes me feel really good. It indicates that listening to our customers is its own reward. As the first Twin 80mm in Freewing's Super Scale Series, the F-14 established what we could accomplish in this new Class. Naturally, 16 months later, the A-10 as the second Twin 80mm in Freewing's Super Scale Series gives us the opportunity to raise that bar, and I think when you all read the production page in detail as I know you all will, you'll notice an entire raft of "All New" components and features that this A-10 brings to the table. Bigger retracts, taller wheels, better grass handling, new wing connector, wildly innovative wing structure design, upgrade options, multiple decals, all new motor, all new fan, all new pilot, larger 100A ESCs, more detailed cockpit and scale ordnance, etc, etc, etc.

The Freewing 80mm A-10 Warthog is, in short, our Empire Strikes Back to an already exciting A New Hope.

May the BRRRT be with you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1680.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	68986

Thank you alpha, the team at motion and freewing. The above is just one of the many reasons I support your business's. Thanks for listening to your customers, I can't think of any boxes that haven't been ticked for edf fans with this one: More power - check. Robust scale gear that can handle grass ops - check. Great scale features with attention to detail - check. The option to customise it with decals, power upgrades etc - check. A very competitive price point, (especially considering what you get with this model), that provides great value for money (imho) - check. And my most important one, it's big! (No more years of only 1200mm or smaller new releases with the big size of the foamy market all but ignored a few years ago) - check! I think that covers most of what you hear on the threads lol.

I love my big giant scale balsas, but the cost of setting up a equivalent plane in balsa or composite is pretty expensive in comparison to the value we get with these foamies, and one of the reasons I enjoy them so much. I'm sure you know those of us that have been crying out for bigger, quality scale foamies are very grateful, and appreciate the efforts that you guys at motion, (with freewing/flightline), in producing cost effective, yet quality products with awesome scale features that some composite turbines struggle to match. The 90mm f-16 set the standard (at least to me), in producing larger scale foam edf's. The detail of the 16 impressed me no end, far better than the other edf's available in this sort of size and market at the time - and I don't think anyone could disagree that this A10 has raised the bar again.

Anyway, thank you. I'm sure sales of these larger sizes for motion, freewing and flightline have justified the decision to start investing into these larger scale models. I hope the trend continues. (As I'm sure all your other happy customers do too). Cheers. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
                                  Mabye the "Button" is STUCK.....Someone call "Maintenance", NOW!!!
                                  I got the WD40 out, hang on a sec!!!

Comment

• Starting to feel like the guys on Big Bang waiting for the comicon tickets and hitting F5
                                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I heard they scrapped the whole project. LOL

Comment

• As expert marketeers, you might think with such a captive audience they would put on a side show while we're waiting. Like being on hold with a recording " "Did you know that we are now stocking....? " "Have you entered this months' sweepstakes?" "Your chance to win a bottle of glue" "See us on Facebook"

Comment

• I keep having flashbacks to the Heinz ketchup "Anticipation" commercials. LOL
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X