Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2FewDays - :Bomb::Devil::Heart:- yeah, you can come fly with me man...I mean behave yourself :Goodbye:. Speaking of bottle rockets, that's how you earn membership at my non AMA club field. You have to successfully run the gauntlet of SAMs, LOL Sorry, that is as over the top as THIS model is going to be...I think FW/MRC have put this into a new category of rc flight. Honestly, has there ever been anything else like this? This many choices and combinations? Amazing.

Comment

• Just to let you guys know, at Model Sounds Inc. (www.modelsoundsinc.com) we now have a very clean A10 GAU-8A Avenger Gatling Cannon sound clip - with no echo and no Doppler shift. Available only on our ShockWave2 sound system.

Comment

• Thanks for letting us know! Would you be able to post a video or sound clip of the GAU-8A here directly?
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha/MotionRC and Model Sounds Inc, perhaps you guys could team up and offer a powder cannon system - assuming it comes to fruition of course - bundled with the ShockWave2 sound system? THAT would be the ultimate upgrade for this A-10!
          Last edited by Mike_Then; Feb 10, 2017, 01:11 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

• We're exploring a range of aftermarket options for customers to consider adding to their Freewing 80mm A-10. The aircraft is the perfect size to carry the weight of additional equipment. In addition to the personalizations I know many of us here are planning, it looks like almost no A-10 will be alike! Time will tell!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7877.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	61848

Comment

• Hey Alpha, great photograph, packed with detail. The only giveaway that it's not the model is the gear door details . Other wise, it looks just like the Freewing A-10, or is it vise versa? Conversely, the only thing that gave away your previous pictures that included the cockpit steps, was the cinderblock wall behind it. Anyway, I have to say it, I'm in hawg heaven!!!! Brad

Comment

• Is that the Freewing A10? :Cool:
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Just saw the Facebook post. just waiting on the button !
                  www.TSHobbies.com
                  Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• I noticed that following yesterday's system crash of this thread, some of the videos and photos weren't restored. Here are some of the videos for those following along. Note that all these photos and videos show prototypes #03, #04, and #06. Final Production photos will be shown in late February.

Pre-production aircraft on rough runway:
                    Here's a sneak preview of the upcoming Freewing twin 80mm A-10 Thunderbolt II, affectionately known as the "Warthog". Anticipated to arrive in Spring 2017, c...

Xplaneguy's first flight on Alpha's Prototype #04 on a paved runway:
                    Flying the "Prototype" Freewing 80mm A-10, using two Admiral 6S 5000 packs at Apollo Field in Van Nuys, CA on Dec 11, 2016. Also, chased a Freewing 90mm F-16...

Xplaneguy's testing on his short and rough dirt runway:
                    Flying the Freewing Twin 80mm A-10 Prototype with two Admiral 6S 5000 packs from Motion RC.

Flight testing the Freewing Twin 80mm A-10 (Prototype) with two Admiral 6S 5000 batteries. Evaluating hard steering on takeoff, aborted landing on rough surf...

And Evelyn showing the size of this 1700mm, 67" wingspan aircraft!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06769.JPG Views:	1 Size:	30.2 KB ID:	61881

Pre-production paint testing on the ordnance. Removable pylons from the wings, and removable ordnance from each pylon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07645.JPG Views:	1 Size:	664.6 KB ID:	61882Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07651.JPG Views:	2 Size:	510.3 KB ID:	61883
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07667.JPG Views:	2 Size:	574.9 KB ID:	61884 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07679.JPG Views:	2 Size:	643.5 KB ID:	61887

Difficult to fit that 67" wing in a tight photo!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07683.JPG Views:	2 Size:	471.0 KB ID:	61885

Size comparison with the 1600mm wingspan FlightLineRC Spitfire Mk.IX and twin 80mm Avanti

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07689-1 - Copy.JPG Views:	5 Size:	611.8 KB ID:	61888

And the popular Freewing 80mm F-14D (previously the largest EDF we sell)

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07693.JPG Views:	1 Size:	213.2 KB ID:	61889

Attached Files

Comment

• As of 2/8/17. Current paint evaluation for color correction at 1/10 scale, including test fit of aftermarket parts (Jethangar.com 1/10 full body pilot figure and preliminary prototype of magnetic crew ladder). Note: these aspects are NOT included in the PNP production model.

Meanwhile, mass production has started on the aircraft. Pre-order to follow soon when the shipment has departed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08127.JPG Views:	4 Size:	128.9 KB ID:	61891Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08132.JPG Views:	3 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	61892
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08142.JPG Views:	2 Size:	69.0 KB ID:	61894Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08153.JPG Views:	2 Size:	147.0 KB ID:	61895
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Size comparison with twin 64mm A-10 (Dynam and Freewing both make A-10s this size):

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06757.JPG Views:	1 Size:	169.5 KB ID:	61897

And with the LX 70mm A-10 (1520mm, slightly more than FMS' 70mm A-10 at 1500mm wingspan):

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06692.JPG Views:	1 Size:	313.1 KB ID:	61898

And with the Freewing 80mm MiG-21, a common aircraft that many of us own and against which we can compare relative size.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06698.JPG Views:	1 Size:	134.4 KB ID:	61899

Pilot Evelyn, ever the champ she is, showing that the A-10 can still be held up somewhat comfortably while smiling for twenty photos. Thanks, Ev!

Name:	DSC06777.JPG
Views:	629
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	61900

Comment

• If you want to test Motion's website you should give a couple of days notice in here as to the date & time the pre-order button will appear. The scramble will be on. :)
                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Saw the Facebook page; I guess the price is official... at least during preorder? *shakes coin jar* And I know there was lots of discussion around ordnance so I'm sorry if this is already covered... does the A-10 come with ordnance or will that have to be purchased separately? I'm cool with either one, just wanted to know what was decided.

Comment

• Alpha - I may have missed it, but are there going to be gear doors on the mains as there is on the nose gear?

Comment

• Can I suggest you offer a bundle with a pair (or two) of battery packs? Do you have a 6S5000 30C from admiral? Seems like for this plane, unlike a lot of EDFs, higher C packs are unnecessary?

Comment

• Just a suggestion for future aircraft, I think it would be great to have a decal like " No Step" or some other decal at the CG spot on the wing. It would be a nice standard to start for FW to have there planes mark in such a way that a pilot would have a starting point for the factory CG. I know sometime it will move based on other factors. Also would it not be great to have a tail number based on the roll out of the plane ? Even if the box was marked and the decal had a generic 1 - 10 numbers for the pilot to place on the tail. As you can tell I am excited for this one to roll out.

Comment

• +1 FastBob has a good idea that is long overdue

Comment

• Great day of flying with Alpha, AceMigKiller and Sperling234! Thanks guys!

Comment

• Great day as always flying with you guys!

Name:	DSC08167 - Copy.JPG
Views:	522
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	62075

Name:	DSC08169 - Copy.JPG
Views:	533
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	62073

Name:	DSC08185 - Copy.JPG
Views:	578
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	62074

MiG-21 staring contest

Name:	DSC08235 - Copy.JPG
Views:	525
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	62076

Comment

• Who won. The A10 lm sure.
                                          Dewey l

Comment

Working...
                                          X